Favourite alliance from the other side of the treaty web?

astronaut jones

Everyone loves every other alliance on their side of the treaty web, we all know that you've got no other choice but to do that or else .. bad things will happen to you. Maybe not bad things, but you'll get a stern talking to, and those are boring to have to sit and listen to. So it's a given, you love whatever alliances are allied to your alliance, but what about those on the other side of the treaty web?

There are two alliances that I really like that are on opposite sides of the treaty web from where I am currently, one is surprising and one I've said as much since.. well, since a long time ago. The first is the NPO, and it's not for anytihng they've ever done on the OWF or from a politics standpoint, I couldn't care less about that !@#$ if I tried to, but I've liked them since I left them over a year ago, simply because of the community. Sure, some people over there, when I was there, I thought were dicks, but the community more than made up for their behaviour/presence in the alliance. I thought, while I was there, that if you took away the CN aspects of their forums, that the community would still thrive, as more often than not it was easy to forget that it was CN that brought everyone together there in the first place. So that's the first, and that's not really surprising.

The second is TOP. I've given them !@#$ for a long time now, but lately, for whatever reason that even I'm not completely sure of, they've started to grow on me. I've started to appreciate the little things they've done, the mediation they've been doing here and there between parties, and, well, they've grown on me to the point where I actually like them now. There's not a whole lot more I can say about it, it's a little disturbing to me, too.

So what about the rest of you? What are a few alliances on the opposite corner of the treaty web that are your favourites, and why?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know if there IS an opposite side of the treaty web anymore. However, if one were to talk of favorite alliances to which i do not hold a treaty, i would have to say, Gremlins. Oh and STA.

Edit: Forgot to mention FOK!

Edited by Alfred von Tirpitz

RIA/GOD

We have always been somewhat linked, somewhat not linked.

We have been through crazy times, but I have formed good friendships with people like Big_Z and Delta.

We have our serious talks and we have our crazily ridiculous nonsense. I love them two.

As well as Xiphosis. $%&@ you Xiphosis, I love you.

Edited by Ejayrazz

I dont know if there IS an opposite side of the treaty web anymore. However, if one were to talk of favorite alliances to which i do not hold a treaty, i would have to say, Gremlins. Oh and STA.

Edit: Forgot to mention FOK!

There are corners, if you're in one of them, then there are 3 sides you can pick from.. if you're not in one, then .. meh?

I try to get along with most alliances as well as I can, so I find myself having a respect for most alliances regardless of point on the treaty web, but there are five particular alliances on one of the "other sides" that I can't help lovin'. Since the treaty web is based on MDP+, that's what I base this on.

1. CCC. There's absolutely zero question about this. :wub: They were my first alliance, I still love these guys to death - heck, we even have a PIAT/ODP with 'em. I'd seriously consider dragging TOOL into a war on their behalf if they were attacked directly for a stupid reason.

2. NpO. This goes back to my CCC days. KingRich and Darth Actorbass are like mentors to me, and NpO are epicly awesome allies that any alliance should feel privileged to have. Love these guys.

3. GR. Even though I didn't talk to them as much when I was in CCC, I came to really appreciate these guys later when I was (and still am) their ambassador from TOOL. Seriously, I've been there for almost a year now. Plus although they were directly against our MDoAP allies in Karma War, I have to admire how they gutted the war out. It isn't every day you see an MDP used both ways (CCC declared on TPF/OG, GR declared on NEW using the same treaty).

4. STA. There's a reason TOOL just signed a PIAT/ODP with these guys. We may not always agree with each other's political position, but we do have this in common - we both want what is best for the white sphere. I was official ambassador to these guys for most of '09, then Mia reassigned me )): but I still visit, because these guys are teh epic. As Mia said, before they left SNOW, they were one of the alliances that worked the hardest to keep it going, plus they got White Trade Central going after the fact. My hat's off to them. :awesome: Did I mention I loved their WotC stance? ;)

5. Vanguard. These guys are pretty epic in their own right. Rafa is one of the most level-headed people I've met in CN, and Revanche can be pretty damn funny, plus I agree with his stance on tech raiding. I rather enjoy being their diplomat from TOOL ;) I was chomping at the bit to get back there when I was finally given the goahead to do so (and my replacement had gone inactive, so it was a good thing I did :lol1: )

Umbrella. They don't run their mouths on the OWF, have a good sense of humor, and uh..

Well, I can't think of a third one. But I still :wub: them.

They are allied to us. That's a huge boost to them being awesome.

While I tend to hate all of the rest of you equally. I do dislike Hoo a little less than most. NpO is ok too. MK is pretty un-terrible as well.

Most everyone is on the opposite side of the web from us though....so we have all kinds of options.

<3 umbrella

in other webs but not far across

<3 MK

I like Sparta - the ones I know

I like ifok/foK because the have an exceptional taste in beer.

heh i really dunno anyone else on the other side.

we're not really in any specific web, are we... :unsure:

Pure love for Umbrella and MK, a hardy salute for NpO, but as for alliances we're not treatied with? I have the balls to say Bel Air.

we're not really in any specific web, are we... :unsure:

Pure love for Umbrella and MK, a hardy salute for NpO, but as for alliances we're not treatied with? I have the balls to say Bel Air.

I was going off the picture that LJ scott posted. I didn't shout out NpO since we look to be in their circle of love on the web pic.

I was going off the picture that LJ scott posted. I didn't shout out NpO since we look to be in their circle of love on the web pic.

I'm not sure who's responsible for that pic, but I don't think we belong in there.