Junio, Breaking CNRP rules & ignoring CNRP?

Tahsir

Is what Junio's been doing against what CNRP is?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As stated above, this is a poll of the community to judge if Junio is a CNRPer, or just a Game Related Rp person who is taking up space and causing arguments in our community.

To vote:

You MUST post what your vote was.

Why you voted is optional. Votes without a post are not counted.

You MUST be a CNRPer.

No stacking the votes by calling random people to "lol I dunno wut dis iz, but vote______" or "Hey ______ alliance, vote for ______"

Keep arguments out of here.

Use one of the other threads for OOC things. Don't clutter this with OOC discussion.

Edit: Something to clarify. We are NOT stopping junio from Roleplaying. We are seeing if he is part of CNRP. Nothing prevents him from doing his own separate story.

second edit

In case anyone is unclear as to what is going on. I have this quote to illustrate the situation.

OOC: If you want to roleplay with me, you will have to roleplay with my rules, when i will roleplay with you (i hope not) then i will play by your rules.

I will stop roleplaying dissidents, but i will also stop to recognize your presence in Italy.

Edited by Tahsir Re

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to go out and say yes. Not because he's "ignoring" the community, but due to the fact that he doesn't keep his story straight. Is he IG, IC, a combo? This has never had a definitive answer, or rather, the answer changes when convenient.

Alright, as much as I don't care for Botha Mode, it's not an inherent problem. Botha has been here for a very long time and his way of playing isn't disruptive at all. He is consistent and does so in a respectful manner. What Junio is doing, though, is essentially isolating himself from the entire world, as if he is on another planet, and refuses to recognize any injunction against him. Excuse me for saying this, but that is chicken!@#$. Even Botha has said he recognizes, though I presume under certain circumstances, unplanned wars. But even then, I have never seen Botha once complain about anything regarding international interactions with his nation OOCly.

As much as I hate to say it, though, I do regret going forward with the Somalia Italianna ordeal. Why? It started all of this nonsense and it turned into a childish masquerade. But, it has to be noted: Junio was not adhering to Botha mode by having that colony. He was outside his sphere of influence. Perhaps that is a minute detail, but just keep that in mind. I have no problem with Botha mode, but I do have a problem with an optional Botha mode.

I'd have to go out and say yes. Not because he's "ignoring" the community, but due to the fact that he doesn't keep his story straight. Is he IG, IC, a combo? This has never had a definitive answer, or rather, the answer changes when convenient.

I agree with this, he needs to decide if he's part of the community or not.

I clicked null vote, but i will not leave. I know some people will not ignore me, and that's fine for me.

You are trying to use the word "community" (a community developed in an IRC channel) as weapon against me, which is something i don't tolerate. I respect CN rules and i translate my CN stats and IG mechanics in roleplay, that's what i do and i will always do.

I was part of this community before many other players who came here, which is irrelevant to the issue actually, but i just want you to know i'm not the newest guy with no experience and history behind.

I was King Joseph III of the Kingdom of Sahrani

I was Boris Pochenko of Slovetzia

I was President Aliyev of Azerbaijani Republic

I was Rothenber of the American Union State

I am Junio Borghese of Repubblica Italiana

Sahrani was a pro-democratic Monarchy

Slovetzia was a stalinist soviet republic

Azerbaijan was a presidential democracy

The American Union State was a nationalist-conservative authoritarian republic

Repubblica Italiana was/is a fascist country

People started to "bring it on me" since i established the fascist state - coincidence.

You can't come here and say "ok now you are gone, we ignore you", this game is free and it's my right to roleplay here as long as i don't break the forum rules (something i have done like 2 times in almost 2 years).

Edited by Junio Borghese

I clicked null vote, but i will not leave. I know some people will not ignore me, and that's fine for me.

You are trying to use the word "community" (a community developed in an IRC channel) as weapon against me, which is something i don't tolerate. I respect CN rules and i translate my CN stats and IG mechanics in roleplay, that's what i do and i will always do.

Dude, you are seriously bent on thinking the world actually gives two !@#$s about hating you. We don't hate you. #CNRP is an inanimate object so no, it cannot develop anything. So unless you can prove to me that MSN can make me chocolate cupcakes, your argument is moot. In all seriousness, we don't sit it consorting on IRC how to make your RP miserable. We talk about random stuff. It just acts as another medium for the community. However, if you refuse to recognize the actions of the community, then you will be unrecognized by the community. It's as simple as that.

I vote no, he is a CNRPer.

I also think this vote is bad precedent, we don't kick people out of the community out of character - in character actions only.

I agree right here. Although I disagree with what Junio is doing, kicking him out is also something we should not, or are even allowed, to do.

Dude, you are seriously bent on thinking the world actually gives two !@#$s about hating you. We don't hate you. #CNRP is an inanimate object so no, it cannot develop anything. So unless you can prove to me that MSN can make me chocolate cupcakes, your argument is moot. In all seriousness, we don't sit it consorting on IRC how to make your RP miserable. We talk about random stuff. It just acts as another medium for the community. However, if you refuse to recognize the actions of the community, then you will be unrecognized by the community. It's as simple as that.

I have the MSN logs of Sargun asking me oocly how many soldiers i had stationed in Somalia... and i answered... two minutes later he deployed troops according to the number of troops i had stationed there - how did he know the number of my troops in Somalia? Did he roleplay any spy action at least? No he didn't... and that's when i started thinking "Ok, if this is going in MSN, it means someone wants me out for OOC reason - i will lot anyone kick me out like that of the community i have been part of for almost 2 years".

I remember the chats during the nordland war.. when i was Azerbaijan, and you know what really "scares" me? I was against Kaiser Martens, and i remember using the OOC chat to say "we will win, we will defeat nords"... months later i discovered the reasons of that war... the real reasons, the OOC arguings of the #cnrp channel. Since then i think the CNRP chat is damaging the roleplay.

I have the MSN logs of Sargun asking me oocly how many soldiers i had stationed in Somalia... and i answered... two minutes later he deployed troops according to the number of troops i had stationed there - how did he know the number of my troops in Somalia? Did he roleplay any spy action at least? No he didn't... and that's when i started thinking "Ok, if this is going in MSN, it means someone wants me out for OOC reason - i will lot anyone kick me out like that of the community i have been part of for almost 2 years".

Probably because it wasn't clarified how many people you had there? Satellites can do wonders ICly. And IG, you can see how many soldiers someone has, interesting enough.

the OOC chat to say "we will win, we will defeat nords"... months later i discovered the reasons of that war... the real reasons, the OOC arguings of the #cnrp channel. Since then i think the CNRP chat is damaging the roleplay.

You mean all of the BAWWWing in the #cnrp made by the people who were losing? They pulled a bunch of crap beforehand that led up to a lot of negative karma points. Simple as that.

I remember the chats during the nordland war.. when i was Azerbaijan, and you know what really "scares" me? I was against Kaiser Martens, and i remember using the OOC chat to say "we will win, we will defeat nords"... months later i discovered the reasons of that war... the real reasons, the OOC arguings of the #cnrp channel. Since then i think the CNRP chat is damaging the roleplay.

I'd like to know those reasons if you're ok with sharing. Also I nulled the vote.

I voted null vote.

I like Junio and personally enjoy his domestic RP. I don't think people should dictate what you can and cannot RP. If someone doesn't like someone else RPing a fascist or communist or whatever state - too bad, they are entitled to do that.

I don't think he should be kicked out as that is simply being 'elitist'.

However... I think he seriously needs to rethink how he carries out his RP in the future with other members of the community. For someone to RP in the so-called Botha Mode, it requires tact, discretion, and treading lightly. Essentially being a neutralist and being as least antagonistic as possible. It also requires having and maintaining the respect of one's fellow RPers, something he has failed to do.

Yes. He deliberately RP's a state that is antagonistic and insulting to many others.

Then refuses to accept that there just MIGHT be consequences for such.

If insulting and being antagonistic is enough to bomb a country, i should shut my window close right now and watch out for bombers. But that's another issue.

Edited by Junio Borghese

If insulting and being antagonistic is enough to bomb a country, i should shut my window close right now and watch out for bombers. But that's another issue.

It doesn't always result in that...but you don't even recognize SANCTIONS unless they are IG. That's also not recognizing consequences.

Even in RL, people do get attacked or sanctioned for being antagonistic and insulting.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

You are trying to use the word "community" (a community developed in an IRC channel) as weapon against me, which is something i don't tolerate.

The CNRP "community" existed years before the IRC channel did, the current one dating back to the old scramble threads. The reason the community has been evoked is due to the fact that this is an issue that involves all CNRPers, and thus the whole community.

The CNRP "community" existed years before the IRC channel did, the current one dating back to the old scramble threads. The reason the community has been evoked is due to the fact that this is an issue that involves all CNRPers, and thus the whole community.

I loved those scramble threads. The days before the map thread where you had to ask where everyone was every few weeks. <___<

Well, it was fun but I like the new system better.

My roleplay style, being isolationist, is something that shouldn't concern anyone else but me. I didn't hurt/insult/harras/threat anyone with my isolationism

It's not that he's in Botha Mode. No, that's a stupid argument. What it is is that Junio doesn't recognize IC actions for what they are. Take my spy for example. I bought a couple spies so that I could spy on Junio. I had an IC reason, I had odds, I needed a roll. Junio contacted me (or the other way around, whichever you wanna call it) and told me he would never recognize it unless it was IG.

I don't want to "kick him out", so to speak, but yes, he has ignored a good bit of the CNRP guildlines and we need to set a precedent about what happens when somebody breaks those rules.

My roleplay style, being isolationist, is something that shouldn't concern anyone else but me. I didn't hurt/insult/harras/threat anyone with my isolationism

This is an entirely different point and has nothing to do with what I said. Now that the red herring bit is cleared, I will address this point. Your RP style is a concern of other RPers, purely due to the fact that you exist and because people care about international issues and people, which is what foreign affairs are. While you are isolationist, you make comments which other countries do not agree with, and at times, are disturbed and concerned over. That makes them more likely to act, through war (as MC1 has), through economic sanctions (which I had throughout your fascist period), and through diplomatic actions. Furthermore, some world leaders have problems with government systems such as fascism, due to their country's respective history or other reasons. This makes them more likely to take action against your nation, even if you have not committed any "wrong" per say. As such, your domestic and foreign affairs are the concern of others, whether you can agree with it or not.