Countdown to Athens Rep Payment

Bilrow

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I hate it you've contacted the Knights of Ni! and asked them for an explanation about this and they've said that everything is set up and they've given Athens a list of nations they wish to receive money? Because, you know, if you hadn't and Athens didn't get a target list yet you'd look mighty stupid, wouldn't you.

I also trust you've talked to Athens in private and asked if they had a good reason for the delays and not just assumed that internal and external tech deals (which are, of course, usually organized ad-hoc by the individual members involved, and may have been arranged some time ago) were indicative of complete and full activity? Because, again, if you didn't and this was the reason you sure would look mighty stupid.

Why would Athen's need to get a list from Knights of Ni of who to aid? They already made a list of who was to be attacked in their little pseudo-raid and it seems only fair that the people who were attacked are the people who are reimbursed. Athens need only send reperations to those KoN nations that were on their target list and all this would go away. But they haven't, have they? They've done nothing but dick around.

Why would Athen's need to get a list from Knights of Ni of who to aid? They already made a list of who was to be attacked in their little pseudo-raid and it seems only fair that the people who were attacked are the people who are reimbursed. Athens need only send reperations to those KoN nations that were on their target list and all this would go away. But they haven't, have they? They've done nothing but dick around.

feels-good-man-trans.png

Thanks, you're clearly an econ major. We should just aid the 138th largest nation in the game a few million bucks and everything will be better. There's no better way to say sorry than using 15 million dongs to clog the slots of a 18.5k infra nation. He'll be back to where he was in no time with that kind of money! We're paying the reps that Ni asked for in negotiations. If that's not good enough for you then $%&@ off. I've seen some !@#$ posts in this thread that rival the GGA glory days.

"oh noes rsox is so mean and isn't taking this very seriously"

Come at me with serious points that haven't already been answered and I'll give you a nice response.

EDIT: Silly me, he has a DRA! 18 million dongs will definitely be enough!

EDIT2: than=/=then

Edited by rsoxbronco1

The people attacked are not necessarily those that would get the reparations or at least reparations in the form that Athens would be paying out. For example, if I was attacked, it would make more sense for monetary reparations to be paid to a small nation and that nation to send me the equivalent value of tech. That way I get tech, the young nation gets money. We get double the reps from the same amount!

The people attacked are not necessarily those that would get the reparations or at least reparations in the form that Athens would be paying out. For example, if I was attacked, it would make more sense for monetary reparations to be paid to a small nation and that nation to send me the equivalent value of tech. That way I get tech, the young nation gets money. We get double the reps from the same amount!

^2nd person to ask about the details and receive an answer with all the details.

Greetings, well gluck to the parties to settle the issue. did Athens cut reps after warning if Bilrow posts again, reps would be cut? Because Bilrow posted again.

Regards,

I would of thought that the NPO would of been happy if we diverted some of the reps they owe us to the Knights of Ni!. It was suggested in our own government disucssions, but immediately rejected by rsoxbronco1 and others. This situation has been handled correctly in our minds. War reparations will be paid to Knights of Ni! and all will be good in the end.

This is from 6 days ago and should answer your question

EDIT: gah, you changed the post from when I first saw it.

And no, of course we didn't deduct money from Ni just because Bilrow wanted a little attention. (though it looks like he's either given up, found there's no way to spin our reps, or got muzzled)

Edited by rsoxbronco1

And no, of course we didn't deduct money from Ni just because Bilrow wanted a little attention. (though it looks like he's either given up, found there's no way to spin our reps, or got muzzled)

Wrong on all points. I've been updating the OP daily to reflect the status of your reparations payment.

Or Athen's could send nothing, like they've been doing, and totally ignore the situation in public . :awesome:

Also, I never specified what kind of reperations Athens could send to Knights of Ni!. It's not as though Athens couldn't send money to some of their smaller nations and have them dish out tech to those members of the Knights of Ni who were attacked. Keep in mind, I'm just thinking out loud here, and there's a whole host of other ways Athens could be providing reperations for the Knights of Ni!, but until I see Athens actually sacrificing some of their own aid slots to right their wrong, I see no reason to assume that they are doing so. Either that, or they could always publically state how they're "providing" reperations, but lacking any evidence to the contrary why should I take them for their word? It's not as though they've done anything particularly endearing in recent history that might give me reason to trust them.

Edited by Hydro

Or Athen's could send nothing, like they've been doing, and totally ignore the situation in public . :awesome:

Also, I never specified what kind of reperations Athens could send to Knights of Ni!. It's not as though Athens couldn't send money to some of their smaller nations and have them dish out tech to those members of the Knights of Ni who were attacked. Keep in mind, I'm just thinking out loud here, and there's a whole host of other ways Athens could be providing reperations for the Knights of Ni!, but until I see Athens actually sacrificing some of their own aid slots to right their wrong, I see no reason to assume that they are doing so. Either that, or they could always publically state how they're "providing" reperations, but lacking any evidence to the contrary why should I take them for their word? It's not as though they've done anything particularly endearing in recent history that might give me reason to trust them.

Also you never addressed my point that if you actually gave a damn about the Knights of Ni!, morality, or anything other than making Athens look bad you would have gone to them in private and asked what's up. All I see here is the NPO/NSO troll brigade trying to get cheap PR points. If there was actually any problem I'm sure someone from KofN would have mentioned something somewhere in these 35-odd pages.

And before you bring it up, no, I haven't tried to get in touch with anyone about the situation, because I have enough decency to realize it's none of my damn business.

Also you never addressed my point that if you actually gave a damn about the Knights of Ni!, morality, or anything other than making Athens look bad you would have gone to them in private and asked what's up. All I see here is the NPO/NSO troll brigade trying to get cheap PR points. If there was actually any problem I'm sure someone from KofN would have mentioned something somewhere in these 35-odd pages.

And before you bring it up, no, I haven't tried to get in touch with anyone about the situation, because I have enough decency to realize it's none of my damn business.

Why should anyone have to go to Athen's, let alone to the Knights of Ni! in private, when Athen's publically acnowledged that they would rectify the solution. It is only logically consistent that, in choosing to make the issue public, Athens would also publically detail how they are going to rectify the situation. Since Athens has chosen not to publically detail how they're rectifing the solution, other than to offer a few meaningless platitudes, it should be no suprise that people might catch onto this inconsistency and publically point it out.

Also, if you really believed this isn't your business, why are you even bothering to respond to me?

Why should anyone have to go to Athen's, let alone to the Knights of Ni! in private, when Athen's publically acnowledged that they would rectify the solution. It is only logically consistent that, in choosing to make the issue public, Athens would also publically detail how they are going to rectify the situation. Since Athens has chosen not to publically detail how they're rectifing the solution, other than to offer a few meaningless platitudes, it should be no suprise that people might catch onto this inconsistency and publically point it out.

Does it logically follow? Maybe, but that's irrelevant. Just because something doesn't happen the way you expect it to is no excuse for libel. What makes you think you're entitled to know? You didn't do anything, nothing was done to you, so that's exactly what you deserve: nothing. No one has any responsibility to tell you anything.

Do they owe KofN something? Sure, they certainly seem to think so and why should I doubt them. And if KofN wasn't getting what they felt they were owed would there be a problem with them taking it public? Of course not! But that's not what's happening. As soon as I hear one complaint out of KofN I will happily bow out, but they seem to have no further grievance with Athens, and seem to be content with the way things are happening. So then the question is, why do you? Was it NSO who got techraided? One of your allies? I must have missed the memo somewhere. What makes your perception of the situation more important than KofN's?

Also, if you really believed this isn't your business, why are you even bothering to respond to me?

Because I like and respect Athens and find it appalling to see them slandered, just as you apparently find it appalling that no one is spoonfeeding you updates on what is taking place with negotiations and reparations between two alliances you have no connection to. No one appointed you World Police, no one has to tell you anything. If you actually gave a damn about either of the alliances, you'd go to them and get the full story. The fact that you won't do that, well, I think the conclusion is obvious.

Does it logically follow? Maybe, but that's irrelevant. Just because something doesn't happen the way you expect it to is no excuse for libel. What makes you think you're entitled to know? You didn't do anything, nothing was done to you, so that's exactly what you deserve: nothing. No one has any responsibility to tell you anything.

Do they owe KofN something? Sure, they certainly seem to think so and why should I doubt them. And if KofN wasn't getting what they felt they were owed would there be a problem with them taking it public? Of course not! But that's not what's happening. As soon as I hear one complaint out of KofN I will happily bow out, but they seem to have no further grievance with Athens, and seem to be content with the way things are happening. So then the question is, why do you? Was it NSO who got techraided? One of your allies? I must have missed the memo somewhere. What makes your perception of the situation more important than KofN's?

Because I like and respect Athens and find it appalling to see them slandered, just as you apparently find it appalling that no one is spoonfeeding you updates on what is taking place with negotiations and reparations between two alliances you have no connection to. No one appointed you World Police, no one has to tell you anything. If you actually gave a damn about either of the alliances, you'd go to them and get the full story. The fact that you won't do that, well, I think the conclusion is obvious.

Nor do I recall being appointed World Police. Nor have I demanded that I be told anything. Nor have I come anywhere near to threatening action, which incidentally, (having the ability to take action) would be a necessary requirement to being World Police, and I'm more than happy to point out that I do not have the power you seem to be implying I have- speaking of defamation... What I have done is attack something that is logically inconsistent and publically shared my conclusions based on what I've observed. I have done nothing wrong and your claims of libel against me are completely spurious. All I've done is offer a private opinion for public consideration and, just because you might not appreciate it, doesn't make it libel.

Nor do I recall being appointed World Police. Nor have I demanded that I be told anything. Nor have I come anywhere near to threatening action, which incidentally, (having the ability to take action) would be a necessary requirement to being World Police, and I'm more than happy to point out that I do not have the power you seem to be implying I have- speaking of defamation... What I have done is attack something that is logically inconsistent and publically shared my conclusions based on what I've observed. I have done nothing wrong and your claims of libel against me are completely spurious. All I've done is offer a private opinion for public consideration and, just because you might not appreciate it, doesn't make it libel.
They've done nothing but dick around.
Agreed. Even GGA could do a better job.

Sure sounds to me like you're trying to damage Athen's reputation.

I could point out the posts where you're demanding that Athens explain the matter to you publicly, but somehow I think you're gonna take my word for it this time. Now maybe this is just that we have different definitions of what we call "World Police". To you it seems to be people who go around butting their nose into other people's business with threats of force. To me it simply suffices to be going around butting your nose into other people's business.

Let me restate this for you in case I was unclear. You're upset because Athens isn't dealing with the reparations to your standards. There is no reason why anyone should do anything to your standards unless you're some sort of...

I hereby appoint Hydro the world police. Your move, NoFish.

Welp, that pretty much rules out the crux of my argument, doesn't it? Sorry, Hydro, carry on.

Sure sounds to me like you're trying to damage Athen's reputation.

The quotes you picked up are false in what way? Defamation, as I see it, is deliberately trying to influence other people's opinions in a negative manner by using faulty evidence to support your claims. While I certainly won't claim to be in favor of Athens on this particular issue, the points I've brought up are valid. Hence, the spurious nature of your claims of libel. I think you misunderstand the meaning of libel. Here, this will explain it for you...sorry if it's a bit OOC

I could point out the posts where you're demanding that Athens explain the matter to you publicly, but somehow I think you're gonna take my word for it this time. Now maybe this is just that we have different definitions of what we call "World Police". To you it seems to be people who go around butting their nose into other people's business with threats of force. To me it simply suffices to be going around butting your nose into other people's business.

Please do. I have never once explicitily demanded Athens do so. Perhaps you misunderstood the tone of my posts to imply that I demanded Athens supply said information.

Just as a sidenote, this would be a case of libel, as you've based your claims (Me demanding Athen's supply this evidence) on non-existant evidence.

Let me restate this for you in case I was unclear. You're upset because Athens isn't dealing with the reparations to your standards. There is no reason why anyone should do anything to your standards unless you're some sort of...

It's nice to be told what I'm feeling and why. Very insightful of you. :rolleyes: For the record, I'm actually amused that Athen would delay so much on paying reps to KoN after they publically claimed they would do so.

If you really are interested in whether Athens is paying their reparations or not, it would be wise to ask KoN. After all, that would be the best source to go to in order to discover the truth. For all you know they agreed to have Athens buy them a new [ooc]domain name or more bandwidth[/ooc] and that would be all the reparations. You would not see that on the aid transactions screen, but if you went to talk to KoN, they would surely tell you.

Athens is getting a laugh at you consistently posting here and trying to make them out to be the bad guys when you don't have all the facts. And they have no reason to share all the facts with you because to those that know what's going on, you're just looking foolish. But you can keep posting or you can ask Athens or KoN in private what the actual rep agreement is.

Maybe you should take this time to re-think your own problems and attempt to control the world. Maybe? ^_^

Seeing as one of your own bloc members thinks you're being irrational.

If you really are interested in whether Athens is paying their reparations or not, it would be wise to ask KoN. After all, that would be the best source to go to in order to discover the truth. For all you know they agreed to have Athens buy them a new [ooc]domain name or more bandwidth[/ooc] and that would be all the reparations. You would not see that on the aid transactions screen, but if you went to talk to KoN, they would surely tell you.

Athens is getting a laugh at you consistently posting here and trying to make them out to be the bad guys when you don't have all the facts. And they have no reason to share all the facts with you because to those that know what's going on, you're just looking foolish. But you can keep posting or you can ask Athens or KoN in private what the actual rep agreement is.

Oh wait! I lied two of them. ;)

The question has been answered numerous times, Hal. You ignoring the answer and re-asking the question does not mean the answer given disappears from the public record. I can't imagine why I questioned your comprehension skills...
Edited by Tick1

Good for Athens? I couldn't care less what they think of me.

Seeing as one of your own bloc members thinks you're being irrational.

That's cool. I don't have to automatically agree with my blocmates, nor me with them.

That's cool. I don't have to automatically agree with my blocmates, nor me with them.

Agreeing with your bloc mates shows unity, unity has far greater power than your thoughts. Does it not?