Monthly STA Press Conference

pezstar

Speaking of this, the STA does a decent number of diplomacy games. If you start one at webdiplomacy.net with 24 hour turns and then post in our Ice Bar, you'll almost certainly get a lot of interest.

And if you don't know what Diplomacy is, go learn about it. It's like a fusion of chess and risk, except with no dice rolling (and thus no luck) and heavy emphasis on strategy and (surprise) diplomacy.

Oh right, and never trust anything Uhtred says in Diplomacy. :P

Don't listen to Jyrinx. Diplomacy is a bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad baddd BAD game. If you want to play a real game just go with Risk.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before I go on - I know skippy only said LP was the best Valhallan because I left - I just know it <_<

But I do have a question, when is Uhtred coming to TheZoo so we can coup Toga? :D

Unfortunately I don't even know you D:

But you are on the same page as most of STA in wanting to coup Tyga, so you get a cookie B)

If you leave STA, that means I can go too as you'd have no reason to nuke me for leaving. Woohoo! I can finally be free!

He could still nuke you, if you left and didn't help remove Toga...

Unfortunately I don't even know you D:

But you are on the same page as most of STA in wanting to coup Tyga, so you get a cookie B)

Really need to get out and about more I do - well just say I'm 10x the person LP ever was/is :P

Edited by MadScotsman

Really need to get out and about more I do - well just say I'm 10x the person LP ever was/is :P

Lurking in our channel, and 30 or so other channels helps. Talking but not gibbering (not saying you do gibber of course)

What? Are we holding our press conferences in a motel now or something? What happened to the grand conference hall?

Well, Otto was doing some renovations at STA HQ and we had to outsource. <_<

Out of curiousity, do you have any data between the correlation of membership applications and the holding of these Q&A's?

No.

that's only the Komodo Dragon (/me still thinks real dragons would beat tigers, no offense :P though still :wub: you guys)

fun question: Ice Dragon vs Siberian Tiger- who'd win?

Siberian Tiger. :P

real question: what STA's plans for the coming year?

To bring some new cubs into the alliance and build them up. After a long recruitment freeze our average NS is at a good level and it is time to bring new blood into the alliance in the shape of well managed nations. A year is a long time in the Cyberverse and I'm assuming a large war will occur within the next 12 months but as an alliance we hope to push past 200 members and 6 million total NS which will leave us in good shape.

FA-wise, just keep walking the same path and see what other alliances we develop solid enough relationships with to consider a treaty. We are quite content with our current treaties so no real push in this department.

Is this allegation true that Tygaland is NOT really Santa Clause and that STA is NOT located at the North Pole?

This allegation is correct. I am no one's delivery boy and the North Pole lacked the land mass to support the foundations of my immense palace and adjoining Twinkie factory staffed by expert Twinkie makers brought in from Uralica. The permafrost of Eastern Siberia is a more fitting home.