So, uh, Athens...

Penkala

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really should reread the definition of "tech raid." There is no set limit on the size of the alliance, so long as their is a profit to be gained.

That's where I feel you are wrong. The large majority of Planet Bob feels that tech raiding alliances is wrong in any case. Only unaligned nations being acceptable for raiding. And for all we know Athens even broke their charter to do this. Apparently attacking aligned nations is against their charter. But, oh wait, no they changed it to 10 maximum. Oh nevermind, they are 'tech raiding' a 40 man, 800k NS alliance. Why should I believe that Athens changed their charter prior to this 'techraid'? They could be lying. (and I quote tech raid as I think this is a war, not a tech raid)

Edited by DogeWilliam

I could argue what is NSO doing in this thread, as for me i m both MDoAP to Athens and FoB.

What the crap did NSO do in this thread? I'm almost literally the only person from our alliance to have made any comments here.

Quit making stuff up.

Actually, come to think of it, you're lying and attempting to distract anyway, so I guess you may as well keep on trucking. Have fun with that.

I remember when this kind of thing used to happen all the time. The alliances who did it were called \m/ and GOONS and they ascended via the unjust path or something like that.

If you're gonna throw mud on long dead alliances, at least do it right. GOONS and \m/ had rules in place. They only tech raided AA with less than 15 members, a requirement that the WUT used to recognize the state of an alliance, and the raids are never sanctioned by the government. Members who did it are on their own, without backup from their respective alliances.

This "tech raid" on a 40-members alliance is sanctioned by athens as a whole. Karma indeed. I'm disgusted.

Edited by Zero-One

You really should reread the definition of "tech raid." There is no set limit on the size of the alliance, so long as their is a profit to be gained.

This isn't a "raid". A raid is maybe one or two wars that individual nations declare freely, something small to take land, tech, etc. and then leave. This is 39 declarations of war, from one alliance two alliances on another.

Edited by Katsumi

Which is you trying to use a smokescreen called "irrelevant bitterness" to try and distract from a legitimate topic at hand. That you can't even back up your false assertions makes your efforts even more frustratingly asinine to have had to put up with.

Um, okay. So that addresses the legitimate topic right?

This isn't a "raid". A raid is maybe one or two wars that individual nations declare freely, something small to take land, tech, etc. and then leave. This is 39 declarations of war, from one alliance on another.

A war would involve much more than ground attacks.

Edited by Unavailable Contact

This isn't a "raid". A raid is maybe one or two wars that individual nations declare freely, something small to take land, tech, etc. and then leave. This is 39 declarations of war, from one alliance two alliances on another.

No, this is 39 individual nations tech raiding.

Usually alliances stop the raid when the target isnt inactive.

This is condoned bullying.

To be fair, what are they supposed to do if the nation they are tech raiding does attack them, not retaliate? I don't think that applies to this situation however, since this is more of an alliance-wide war then a tech raid.

Asked to be attacked insomuch as posting a link to his nation and saying "do something about it." Quite stupid. But not nearly as stupid as you actually doing it, and choosing to open hostilities between your two alliances.

I was overly-assertive that it was a fun duel between Anthony and I and went so far as to go to their IRC channel and ask him if he wanted to attack first. How could it not be considered a joke war?

...You're right, we totally need to go invoke the Moldavi Doctrine in support of Athens now to remain completely true to our previous actions.

Give it a rest already, you bitter, unfunny jackass.

Go suck on a lollipop. All I was saying is that you took a really cheap shot on an alliance you've had in your cross-hairs for a long time, and when public opinion wasn't 100% behind you, your alliance wimped out and gave peace in three days. Go find your "Recognition of Hostilities" thread and watch how the war begins with no set end-date, then becomes a 7-day war, then after a few more pages, it becomes a 3-day war.

Your entire alliance lacks a cumulative spine. No one cares. Go away.

Joke or not they attacked NSO what make war justified, to joke happens both sides need to agree with. And why you do not attacked? OH sorry, PC just take part of curbstomps.

Also I can you see you among those who are doing this dumb raid, I'm not surprised that PC or ex-PCers taking part of that.

NSO was justified in their war against RAD. I will admit that. But instead of swinging their massive ego around and trying to look tough, they could have actually told me that they didn't see the joke as a joke?

Also, think about it. A person that enjoys raiding will OBVIOUSLY join an alliance that enjoys raiding. People left PC and joined Athens. Makes sense, no?

Edited by Jason8

If you're gonna throw mud on long dead alliances, at least do it right. GOONS and \m/ had rules in place. They only tech raided AA with less than 15 members, a requirement that the WUT used to recognize the state of an alliance, and the raids are never sanctioned by the government. Members who did it are on their own, without backup from their respective alliances.

This "tech raid" on a 40-members alliance is sanctioned by athens as a whole. Karma indeed. I'm disgusted.

I could care less about \m/ and GOONS tech raiding. MCXA and Norden Verein did tech raiding. Rather, those two alliances bragged about it constantly, and their leaders threatened people in even sanctioned alliances like ODN with attack over minor annoyances.

And you continued by posting a pile of gibberish that had nothing to do with anything mentioned.

I don't believe the NSO has anything to do with this, however, you see fit to try and bring up a completely unrelated point to take the discussion off-course, and admit to doing so. I'm sorry if you don't quite grasp the concept of personal responsibility, but I'm not going to let you try and use some unrelated incident as an excuse to air your own bitter disappointment over your past failures.

Get over it, move on, man up.

No, because then I would be supporting unjustified alliance-wide wars. This is a tech raid. The justification for a tech raid is tech (or land or whatever you're trying to pillage).

If I am understanding your argument correctly, does that mean it's bad if they DoW with a dumb declaration? But okay if they do it & call it a tech raid? Trying to follow along here.

NSO was justified in their war against RAD. I will admit that. But instead of swinging their e-peen around and trying to look tough, they could have actually told me that they didn't see the joke as a joke?

Also, think about it. A person that enjoys raiding will OBVIOUSLY join an alliance that enjoys raiding. People left PC and joined Athens. Makes sense, no?

I'll agree with you too, NSO could have told you that they didn't see the joke as a joke. What I fail to see is people trying to compare NSO-RAD war with this dumb move made by Athens and others.

Go suck on a lollipop. All I was saying is that you took a really cheap shot on an alliance you've had in your cross-hairs for a long time, and when public opinion wasn't 100% behind you, your alliance wimped out and gave peace in three days. Go find your "Recognition of Hostilities" thread and watch how the war begins with no set end-date, then becomes a 7-day war, then after a few more pages, it becomes a 3-day war.

Your entire alliance lacks a cumulative spine. No one cares. Go away.

You want us to go away, and yet you bring us up at every opportunity. What hypocrisy, why don't you give it a rest already? You all are the ones that exhumed this dead horse, nothing would please me more than us all getting back on the proper topic.

I'll agree with you too, NSO could have told you that they didn't see the joke as a joke. What I fail to see is people trying to compare NSO-RAD war with this dumb move made by Athens and others.

I don't see how it was even brought up. I'm just in here defending myself from all the "modified" history that's being spewed around here.

You want us to go away, and yet you bring us up at every opportunity. What hypocrisy, why don't you give it a rest already? You all are the ones that exhumed this dead horse, nothing would please me more than us all getting back on the proper topic.

Feel free to do the same. We'll see who can hold out longer.

Edited by Jason8

I don't see how it was even brought up. I'm just in here defending myself from all the "modified" history that's being spewed around here.

Dig back through your quotes throughout this thread, and start with the ones you were agreeing with. That should give you a pretty good idea of how this topic has nothing to do with the NSO.

Because I was trying to compare how NpO reacted to two "unjustified" war scenarios. Although I believe tech raiding is fair game, apparently most people don't when Athens does it.