War!

AironthFlamewing

Are you going to hold Grecians hand the entire time? Or have you pushed them to do this yourselves?

"We consider them close allies, so I intend to look out for my ally, indeed.

Pushed them to do what themselves? Uncover a pitiful attempt to spy on a nation?"

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Well, on my news thread, I roleplayed raising a 600,000 strong men army over the course of several RP months (which apparently seems to be the norm; and the old FRY had that much troops and had less people, either way) and stated that recruitment would continue so to make the army a million men. Yeah, I went inactive for a few days due to work experience, exams and scholarship-filling (and my short inactivity was probably the reason why graniteknight decided to invade me without letting me know through PM's - thanks for being classy, btw. :rolleyes: ) so I'll downscale to the 600,000 I RP'd - but I'll keep recruiting over the course of the war, of course - and I'll RP the reserves being called upon, too (not hard to get that much when someone attacks you completely out of the blue, you know...)

Also, you can't be seriously crossing 4 million men across the borders - which is pretty much your whole army. No one EVER does that because it's so retarded and unfeasible. Ever heard of logistics and mountains that divide our borders? Also I do have troops, you know. Not recognizing these absurd movements. BTW, the major cities of the FYR are: Skopje, Kumanovo, Bar, Podgorica, Plovdiv, Sofjia, Burgas, Varna, Beogard, Novi Sad, Nis, Kragujevac, Sarajevo, Banja Luka, Mostar, Split, Rijeka, Osijek, Ljubliana, Postjona and Koper. I need yours as well.

And Stig, I'm sorry but even though FYR is neutral, it isn't retarded - the Balkans and its population has seen god knows how many wars in the last centuries - it'd easily be ready for a total war. On the other hand, the Greeks mobilizing four million troops over a fake Causus Belli...

IC: As a response to the spy accusations, the Bezbednosno-Informativna Agencija (BIA; Security Information Agency) has declassified all of its secret documents not pertaining to organized crime or suspected domestic terrorists (so to not tip those off) , including past and present operations.

"Any neutral international observer is more than welcome to analyze whatever our Intelligence Service has been doing lately - which obviously does not include placing any spies in foreign land, as they will find out. Also, we find it odd that the British - masters of subjugating people against their will - is accusing us of spying. Care to provide evidence or any of the supposed "spies", or will you just lie and incite more war as usual?"

Across Yugoslavia, millions of people rallied in farms, small towns and major cities in support of their nation and chanted pro-Yugoslavian slogans. On the meanwhile, hundreds of JNA stations distributed weapons such as AK-47's and Glocks to reservists (who showed up en masse) to those who did not already have weapons at home as well as canned food, water and medication. Some Yugoslavs who had rifles at home set off for the mountains to camp so to snipe incoming Greeks. Populations near the Greek border barricaded their homes and stocked up on supplies in case the enemy army managed to penetrate into Yugoslav territory, whereas cities in southern Serbia, southern Bulgaria, Macedonia and Montenegro set up hedgehogs on the streets and built improvised control stations so to allow friendly vehicles to pass through. Near the Greek border, Yugoslav troops dug in, placed artillery pieces and maneuvered tanks as they awaited for the Greek troops, who were slowly pouring in. Because of the highly mountainous terrain, the Greeks would certainly have a hard time making through.

On the meanwhile, the Yugoslav Navy scrambled into the sea, closing off the Adriatic Sea to any Greek-related vessel as well as stationing by the western Black Sea. Not many of the new Yugoslavan Navy vessels were ready - five months was enough to finish most submarines, but only few destroyers and frigates - the aircraft career with the most progress was only half-done, literally. Merchant vessels were thus taken and begun to be mounted with anti-ship guns, RPG's and machine guns.

"We'll let the Greek know that our channels are open for a peace settlement at any moment - the only thing they need to do is ask. We do not want to see blood split in the Balkans once again, but we absolutely refuse to bow before lies and blind aggression and will use as much force as we can to drive imperialists from our homeland."

Classified to the Union:

"Of course we never spied on the Greek - we don't have any reason to do so at all and our operation records are there to be checked. By the way, any assistance is highly appreciated. If you can send troops, supplies and oil our way that would be highly appreciated - a declaration of war against Greece - even better, you never know what they might do next. If you can host potential refugees too - that'd be great."

Classified to the Americans:

"Is there any chance we can have your support? If the British get into the war for real, we might not be able to hold our waters. And considering they are supporting senseless aggression and a completely false, unproven accusation - they might try to strike elsewhere and further destabilize the globe."

"This is wasting my time. Continue with your war, but if anyone should attempt to attack the Greeks, I will be inclined to activate the Mutual Defence article of the Buckingham Treaty."

"We will not drive the Greeks beyond our own borders. We, however, reserve the right to shell them while they are invading our territory."

Espionage is a serious accusation, that should be taken seriously, but to declare war on a country for spying before even confronting them is absurd. There is a time when citizens of a country should critically question the level of intelligence of their leaders. For the Greeks that time is right now.

Yugoslav troops rejoiced as they observed the Greeks retreat before they even clashed. However, the FRY was to only recognize a state of ceasefire.

"It's not over yet. The Greeks not only have completely fabricated a spy ring tale without providing any evidence of it, they also invaded our national territory with military troops. We cannot just pretend it did not happen. We strongly encourage the Greek to accept the following:"

1) An apology for fabricating a Yugoslav spy ring story in order to justify an invasion of the FRY.

2) Greeks will not be able to station more than 10,000 troops within a 100km radius from the Yugoslav border to prevent another surprise invasion of Yugoslav territory.

3) An indemnity of $50 million to Yugoslavia as a way to compensate for losses caused by mobilization and fortification of Yugoslav cities.

Classified to the Americans:

"Is there any chance we can have your support? If the British get into the war for real, we might not be able to hold our waters. And considering they are supporting senseless aggression and a completely false, unproven accusation - they might try to strike elsewhere and further destabilize the globe."

*Classified Reply**

Should the Greeks refuse to end the war, you will have our military's support. For the time being, we will send shipments of M16A4s, M4s, and ammunition, along with a number of trainers to help raise your army. Two carrier battle groups will be sent to the Balkans to protect your coast, if you so wish. We'll be guaranteeing your independence for now.

The Mozambique Confederacy arrives in Greece, only to turn right around. We wish for the conflict to be ended, with a white peace on both sides. It seems this war was provoked by a misunderstanding, nothing more

** Classified to Greece **

It is rather obvious that we will not be able to be of much assistance in this war, but will do whatever we can to help. If you wish to continue with it, we have other means...

OOC: Mr graniteknight. What happened?

IC:

*Classified to FRY*

We will host potential refugees and send supplies but it seems like you will not need it. However, it will be there if you need it in the near future.

*End*

OOC: Must have missed this...

IC: Canada condemns this fight and, following the evidence of misleading and forged information as discovered by America, we do not recognize this war as legitimate and do thereby support Yugoslavia. Should combat break out once again, Yugoslavia can expect our full support in terms of economic and supply chains, however we will refrain from military involvement.

"Because of the failure of the Greek to respond at all, 200,000 Yugoslav troops have moved on to occupy key cities of Greek Macedonia and Thrace, including Thessaloniki, Kavala, Katerini, Komotini and Kozani. They will be withdrawn once the Greek government finally agrees to peace talks."

EDIT: wtf, did graniteknight disappear in thin air or what

Edited by V The King

"Sweety I'm right here and I am waiting for you to kindly get out of my lands. 400,000 troops that I left in Greece(plus the 4 million or so returning) have you trapped in a pincer so yeah enjoy the attack, unless you pull out and drop all claims to the reparations"

"So you refuse surrender terms?"

OOC: What do you expect after not replying for so long?

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

OOC: i beleive he (like most of us) was unaware that the war was still going on. I assumed there was a cease-fire. Also i dont think you could invade greece without some sort of preparation.

IC:

The Confederacy will have reinforcements on standby should the Greeks require them

Edited by thenb