Little Big Announcement

Gecko

Yeah, I'm going to have to agree that people saying we're hating seem to be missing the point. What, should we coddle every alliance when they make an announcement? "Hey guys, WE HIT 10K NS! We're awesome!"

Seriously, there is absolutely nothing special about hitting 50K NS and it just makes them look silly proclaiming it. The treaty stuff I get, but yeah. Shielding alliances from criticism isn't being polite, it's doing a disservice.

If they're happy in their alliance, then by all means keep at it. But announcing a 50K NS milestone is noobish.

Indeed. For us to let someone announce something irrelevent to us would undermine the sanctity of these forums.

Keep on fighting, boys. If we let them make announcements, they win.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a weekend gig tbh.

Oh snap- Jyrinx explained it in words that people actually understand and take seriously. D:

Thank you for annihilating your own defense that you were simply here to state an opinion.

Good luck to your comrade going over the ocean. o7

Edited by ModusOperandi

Good for you guys.

If you are pleased with yourselves, $%&@ the haters. No one made them read the thread.

For those claiming to teach LBA a lesson or something out of this, you are entirely missing the point. I see something like this a reminder to us all that LBA still exists, more than bragging about their "milestone."

Many alliances have grown well by playing the PR game right.

Why all the hate?

Congratulations on your milestone, it's tough being a small alliance but it seems like you have a good head on your shoulders so I predict big things in the future if you get yourself aligned to the right players.

I've decided I like this guy.

50,000 is a milestone. If they have worked hard to that point, and are proud of it, they should have every right to announce it and glorify it on this board. I suggest the 'haters' in this thread try and do exactly what these guys have tried to do and realise it isn't that easy at all.

Congratulations, LBA.

No, I highly doubt either TOP nor Gramlins was ever 3k ANS.

Of course we were. You don't get from 0 to 60k without passing 3k.

It says something for the state of politics that friction is being created over this, but it is fairly laughable to make a big deal over a total alliance score that fits three times over into some nations.

Thank you for annihilating your own defense that you were simply here to state an opinion.

Exactly how did I do that? My sarcastic "weekend gig" remark? It may have made me look like an !@#$%^& but I highly doubt it actually refuted my own argument.

Good for you guys.

If you are pleased with yourselves, $%&@ the haters. No one made them read the thread.

For those claiming to teach LBA a lesson or something out of this, you are entirely missing the point. I see something like this a reminder to us all that LBA still exists, more than bragging about their "milestone."

Many alliances have grown well by playing the PR game right.

Thank you, this is how I feel about it. If we seriously wanted to brag about being 50K NS, we would have written a paragraph or two about that. Instead it was more like a friendly reminder that we existed, we're growing, and it had some updates on our government, etc. And if you read the [OOC]OP[/OOC] it hasnt been edited. Ever.

Of course we were. You don't get from 0 to 60k without passing 3k.

It says something for the state of politics that friction is being created over this, but it is fairly laughable to make a big deal over a total alliance score that fits three times over into some nations.

I doubt that, when you guy's first started up weren't most of you guys over like 40k-50k NS? Some alliances never have a lower average ns than 10k from starting. It's 50/50, some alliances founding members are under 10k ns, and some are over 50k ns.

I doubt that, when you guy's first started up weren't most of you guys over like 40k-50k NS? Some alliances never have a lower average ns than 10k from starting. It's 50/50, some alliances founding members are under 10k ns, and some are over 50k ns.

The Grämlins started out as a tech selling allliance, so yes, they climbed all the way up.

No, I highly doubt either TOP nor Gramlins was ever 3k ANS.

Well I do have a problem with people berating a smaller alliance, especially when they are throwing weight around. When was the last time USN had a major discussion worth posting in? Now that being besides the point, you are ruining our community by putting the smaller alliances down. They have no experienced members and therefore are pushing towards staying in the cyber-community. So until you actually start from scratch on an alliance and have experienced the time it takes to build up your alliance, please keep quite.

Summary: You just made me berate your alliance USN. So please learn how to respect other alliances and better your own.

(Well I do think all of these alliances should change their name) Acronyms are getting to close :S

Edited by Tick1