World War III

Californian

OOC: To the best of my knowledge America's SDI was technically Krypton. Which is deorbiting at this moment due to the impact of the ISS into it.

IC: The Russian Federation demands that all nations that has declared war upon it immediately cease hostilities, or they will face retaliation.

***CLASSIFIED***

Siberian, Uralic, and European nuclear divisions on high alert. SDI to max.

***CLASSIFIED TO CHINA***

I believe we should jointly strike at Alaska. You should, however, also watch your southern flank. Strive to make sure that Viet Nam and Indonesia don't do anything sneaky.

IC: "Are you !@#$ting me? Cease hostilities? Why don't you go stand in a bread line, you Communist $%&@?"

OOC:

Many, many things are wrong with this.

1) LOGISTICS

The British Empire has Roleplayed this amount of logistic preparation for anything: 0. There has been absolutely no preparation for this war, and thus support for any of these troops will be absolutely impossible. This attack came 100% out of the blue. There was no preparation, no mobilization, no motivation, and absolutely no way that the British are going to be able to support this war. Supply trains have not been set up; food, ammunition, and other supplies have not been massed, meaning that the British Empire will have no means of supporting these troops for more than they are naturally prepared, which is absolutely 0, since there was no roleplay of mobilization or preparation for battle.

There is also no way that Britain, or Russia for that matter, is going to be able to invade the Americas. Again, logistical problems are key here. Supply trains would be immediately taken out by the American submarine fleet, as soon as we RP that, leading to the notion that there would be no fuel, or extra ammunition for the troops in Bermuda, making the invasion impossible. This is so, unless there is some sort of RP of the defense of this supply train, and any support would mean that the American fleet would decimate the British fleet even further.

2) NUCLEAR ISSUES

This one has been gone over numerous times. The facility at Krypton is a joint venture, meaning that both Britain and America must put in their codes to launch those nukes. There is no way that Britain would be able to steal these codes from America, either, barring a major fight that would have taken out both of the forces in the facility. Second, Britain only has only 160 working nuclear warheads, all of which are in nuclear submarines in the Arctic Ocean. On top of this, there is the speed of the nuclear weapons, and the fact that America would have noticed if nuclear weapons were being launched at them, which leads me to my next issue.

3) SDI's

There is absolutely 0 defense against nuclear weapons. Let me say that again, THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO DEFENSE AGAINST NUCLEAR MISSILES. And even if the SDI did work, only the American Confederation has one, and only the United States ever had one, and they are the only one that has ever had one, because the US is trying to develop one in real life today. Russia, Britain, and China do NOT have SDI's and cannot simply say 'lol we launch satellites and they shoot down yer nukes'. These things take DECADES to research, develop, and put into use. The US started developing this in the 1980's, and still it does not work. WE HAVE NO DEFENSE AGAINST INTERCONTINENTAL BALLISTIC MISSILES.

4) CIVILIANS

What are your civilians going to do? And your military? Britain has done nothing but expand since its recreation, and now they are invading the greatest ally Britain has ever had? Britain's best friend is being invaded....by Britain. Your soldiers and your civilians are not going to support this. Sure, there are those that will do whatever the hell you want unquestioningly, but there are defintitely going to be people that will absolutely refuse to fight, something that will not be a problem for any other country in this war. Canada was attacked directly, as was America, and Brasil, Vietnam, Indonesia, etc. have never RP'd liking Britain. Britain is going to face major riots and problems in trying to get its people to support this war, and will likely face a revolution by the end of it. It's just logic.

There are more things, and I will get to them later. These need to be discussed first.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IC: Very well then.

***CLASSIFIED***

ICBM launch underway. Targets include: Ottawa, Sasketoon, Windsor, Toronto, Quebec, Calgary, Vancouver, Yellowknife, Iqaluit, and Nova Scotia.

Research will also begin on reintroduction of the Fractional Orbital Bombardment system, out of commission since 1978.

OOC: Of course there is defense against ICBMs. Moscow is protected A-135 system, and all of Russia is under the protection of the A-35 anti-ballistic missile system. Also, I utilize the Galosh interceptor a lot. China and I's new space based interceptor program is a Brilliant powers orbital mini-impactor system.

OOC sorry but yeah

its called a missile shield.

in simplistic terms the one russia got pissy about in eastern europe is simply a network of patriot missile sites with anti missile warheads :)

they DO exist.. just not satelight defence ones.

but it is possibe to be defended agianst ICBMs via ground absed anti missile networks.

IC -RP commander of stigs atlantic fleet and govener of the falklands.

Classified memo to the Govenors staff

The Royal Navys Atlantic Fleet dropped anchor around the Falklands Eastern Island.

The kings orders are simple, plan your attack, be prepared and dont do anything foolish.

You have at your disposal 3 thermonuclear warheads with clearence to deploy at your descretion.

If you decide to deploy, only fire 1 to start with and await a response and deliver this ultimatum to the target nation

"The King Implores you to lay down your arms and surrender

Failure to cply will result in absolute destruction"

(stigs letting me RP 3 of his nukes under his control.. keyword is ROLEPLAY)

End memo

All OOC... again. :rolleyes:

OOC: Except for one thing...doesn't America have an SDI too? And I still await your explanation on just HOW you can seize a system you need codes from two nations to activate.

The only SDI they have ever RPed is Krypton which is. Well, gone.

The British Empire has Roleplayed this amount of logistic preparation for anything: 0. There has been absolutely no preparation for this war, and thus support for any of these troops will be absolutely impossible. This attack came 100% out of the blue. There was no preparation, no mobilization, no motivation, and absolutely no way that the British are going to be able to support this war. Supply trains have not been set up; food, ammunition, and other supplies have not been massed, meaning that the British Empire will have no means of supporting these troops for more than they are naturally prepared, which is absolutely 0, since there was no roleplay of mobilization or preparation for battle.

Yes, it came out of the blue. EXACTLY. :facepalm:

As for preparation, what do you think I've been doing in my news thread for the past week? Besides, I'm not going to RP the creation of food for goodness sake. Now you're just being picky.

There is also no way that Britain, or Russia for that matter, is going to be able to invade the Americas. Again, logistical problems are key here. Supply trains would be immediately taken out by the American submarine fleet, as soon as we RP that, leading to the notion that there would be no fuel, or extra ammunition for the troops in Bermuda, making the invasion impossible. This is so, unless there is some sort of RP of the defense of this supply train, and any support would mean that the American fleet would decimate the British fleet even further.

The supplies didn't come from Bermuda, the fleet was simply stationed there. All the supplies are on the ships. Bermuda is practically empty, the fleet landed in New York a while ago buddy.

This one has been gone over numerous times. The facility at Krypton is a joint venture, meaning that both Britain and America must put in their codes to launch those nukes. There is no way that Britain would be able to steal these codes from America, either, barring a major fight that would have taken out both of the forces in the facility. Second, Britain only has only 160 working nuclear warheads, all of which are in nuclear submarines in the Arctic Ocean. On top of this, there is the speed of the nuclear weapons, and the fact that America would have noticed if nuclear weapons were being launched at them, which leads me to my next issue.

I have already said this, America previously used Krypton without my permission. This is the same scenario here. No-where has it ever been specified that the launch codes are joint. It is a joint facility perhaps, but that doesn't mean anything.

As for our warheads, we are in 2013. Not 2009. I have built more - a LOT more, I can assure you.

There is absolutely 0 defense against nuclear weapons. Let me say that again, THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO DEFENSE AGAINST NUCLEAR MISSILES. And even if the SDI did work, only the American Confederation has one, and only the United States ever had one, and they are the only one that has ever had one, because the US is trying to develop one in real life today. Russia, Britain, and China do NOT have SDI's and cannot simply say 'lol we launch satellites and they shoot down yer nukes'. These things take DECADES to research, develop, and put into use. The US started developing this in the 1980's, and still it does not work. WE HAVE NO DEFENSE AGAINST INTERCONTINENTAL BALLISTIC MISSILES.

I researched it and built it. Problems?

What are your civilians going to do? And your military? Britain has done nothing but expand since its recreation, and now they are invading the greatest ally Britain has ever had? Britain's best friend is being invaded....by Britain. Your soldiers and your civilians are not going to support this. Sure, there are those that will do whatever the hell you want unquestioningly, but there are defintitely going to be people that will absolutely refuse to fight, something that will not be a problem for any other country in this war. Canada was attacked directly, as was America, and Brasil, Vietnam, Indonesia, etc. have never RP'd liking Britain. Britain is going to face major riots and problems in trying to get its people to support this war, and will likely face a revolution by the end of it. It's just logic.

Since we transformed to become an Empire, we've taken a much more arrogant viewpoint on life, and this is reflected in the general public view. America effectively 'betrayed' Britain when it went against us following the annexation of Australia. I've said this plenty of times in regards to Australia, so I'm going to say it again in caps for you all.

THE AUSTRALIAN PUBLIC VOTED FOR IT TO BE ANNEXED BY THE BRITISH

Thus, we were betrayed by most of our major allies, including America, for doing something completely moral and legal. Understandably, our country is slightly irritated. Of course many will be against it, as with any war. But ultimately, I decide what happens with my people and I am telling you that the majority support it.

Any further rants? I would like us to move away from this OOC rubbish and get back to what matters, the war. So stop hiding behind your OOC tags because you're afraid you may lose and RP the losses from the nukes that Russia just sent over to you.

The Grand Republic of Madagascar was completely unprepared for the surprise attack on its peaceful nation. the north of the island and the capitol were the hardest hit, with an estimated 50,000 military and 1,000,000 civilian casualties. We consider this a declaration of war from the British empire, and will join the war in the favor of Kuwaiti.

** Classified **

Massive Stockpiles of weapons have been moved to a secret location on the island, and distributed, along with Passports and money to Al-Queda, under the condition that they attack the British empire, to which they happily agree, being that they were very displeased with the recolonization of Africa. The remaining 500,000 troops on the island regroup in the small city of Ihosy and dig in.

** Public **

The Grand Republic of Madagascar sends out a plea to other nations on our great continent to help stop this unprovoked aggressor. We also begin frantically deploying our missile defense systems in hopes to stop future attacks.

OOC: My bad, this is ERP, not CNRP. Sorry.

Edit: OOC Tags

Edited by TheStig

In all areas, air support and artillery shells from naval ships used to blast away enemy defences as British troops swiftly pass through the obliterated landscapes. Ballistic missiles used on invasion areas and most major cities have been destroyed, including all capital cities to induce internal instability and impede morale.
Other than the nuclear attacks, (of which I only RPed the obviousness that most life would be destroyed) I have not done such a thing.

OOC: There. You just Godmodded.

OOC: First off, I refuse to recognize nuclear missiles from my own SDI hitting me. That never happened.

And to hell with conventional warfare. If you want to play like a brainless fool, I'll fight fire with fire.

IC: **Classified**

Nuclear ICBMs launched. Targets: Moscow, St. Petersburg, Volgograd, Arkhangelsk, Novgorod, Ryazan, Tbilisi, Baku, Yerevan, Murmansk, Beflast, Dublin, London, Aberdeen, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham, Cardiff, Oxford, Bermuda, Heraklion, Nicosia, Yekaterinburg, Samara, Ufa, Kazan, Chelyabinsk, Omsk, Novosibirsk, Penza, New Delhi, Delhi, Mumbai

The Falkland islands went into red alert and the fleet manning battlesations for ICBM Launch.

*classified*

40 miles from the cost of buenos aires (OOC sorry for spelling.. dyslexia ftw)

HMS Vanguard prepares to fire a nuclear warhead at the BRazillian Capital City.

10 minutes later

"ICBM ready for launch sir" came a muffled voice on the intercom, the voice echoing around the command bunker undernieth Stanley.

"Fire at Will, and may god help us all and forgive us for these crimes" came the cracked and strained voice of the Govener, having just been notified of Nuclear launches from the Northern hemisphere, trajectory.. England.

It is not with a heavy heart that the republic of south Africa declares neutrality in this conflict. Recent actions undertaken by the british empire have made it apparent that we can no longer hold association with their government. Whatever the world thinks, south Africa hereby withdraws from the treaty of buckingham. We cannot in good conscience stand beside tyrants, even if they were partially responsible for the birth of our great nation. We hereby elevate our defcon to 1. If anyone brings this war to our doorstep, we will swiftly send you away.