tLC's way of techraiding: teasing and destroying a nation

Denniswerf

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats an incredibly interesting story. What world do you live in?

Not yours, thankfully. You dont even have a little bit of self reflection, dont you?

Of course, everything thats gonna come out of this is more propaganda. And any propaganda is good propaganda, right?

Im just gonna sit back and enjoy the show.

I´m not a big fan of drama to be honest. It´s nice, and the lead up to a war is very nice in terms of propaganda and drama, but to have it happening 7 days a week kinda dilutes the drama and makes it seem every day.

I am a fan of war however, and a good scrap accompanied by a month or more of rising tensions is what makes this game a blast. The thing is I don´t see the NSO doing any of that. I see the drama, but like every other alliance it has no intrest in starting any war unless it can win it with 100% certainty, or thinks it can, which makes all the drama it starts over nothing seem kinda weak and pointless. It´s like my yapping chuhuahua, he looks cute in the corner barking, and it catchs my attention for lets say 1 minute or so, but I know nothing will come from it unless he found a small mouse which he could terrorize.

So it´s a mixed reaction you get from me. Thanks for giving me something to waste my time with reading on occassion (I didn´t even bother reading this thread fully, mostly the first 2 pages and the last 2 pages), but as for anything more intresting, I feel you are lacking.

Normally I don´t do this, but you guys seem so quick to critisize, I figured you wouldn´t mind some critisizm directed back at you guys.

Edited by Khyber

Not yours, thankfully. You dont even have a little bit of self reflection, dont you?

I certainly do! It's how Im able to remember what I actually said in a post I just made that you intentionally butchered while quoting.

Thats an incredibly interesting story. What world do you live in?
Vs.
Thats an incredibly interesting story. What world do you live in, by the way, where your bait...er, views, are consistent with reality?

One does wonder why folks are just so shameless these days.

I am a fan of war however, and a good scrap accompanied by a month or more of rising tensions is what makes this game a blast. The thing is I don´t see the NSO doing any of that. I see the drama, but like every other alliance it has no intrest in starting any war unless it can win it with 100% certainty, or thinks it can, which makes all the drama it starts over nothing seem kinda weak and pointless. It´s like my yapping chuhuahua, he looks cute in the corner barking, and it catchs my attention for lets say 1 minute or so, but I know nothing will come from it unless he found a small mouse which he could terrorize.

Normally I don´t do this, but you guys seem so quick to critisize, I figured you wouldn´t mind some critisizm directed back at you guys.

Well, I certainly have to say I am quite a fan of the drama and noteworthy acts that TOP has made over the course of it's existence. You know, their brave stand of picking fights in wars they knew the results of beforehand, taking non-existent risks, doing anything of real note aside from always acting in the best interests of their infra and basically being boring and uninteresting.

It's quite inspirational and wonderful entertainment, really, not doing anything. I mean, it's hardly like TOP ever bothers picking fights it isnt 100% sure they can come out on top of beforehand. Oh dear me, I made a pun! If you find what we do boring, then I suggest you get over your laziness and entertain yourself, if you don't like going through that effort then learn how to spell "criticize", and then do your own self-reflection before making intentionally baiting critiques like you are now.

Oh that is rich. You know I have to touch on this one.

I won't speak for TLC since I am not a member, but I can tell you that the Sith have enjoyed nothing but success since our creation over 6 months ago. Name a single alliance that has come from nothing and grown faster than we have. You cannot. We are undefeated in battle. (Fun Fact: Doppelganger/Corinan is undefeated in battle spanning his entire Cyber Nations career, from the Citrus Wars, to the Great Patriotic War, 'til now! Un-freakin-defeated! It's true!)

We're pretty much the closest thing to perfection this game has ever seen and you should all thank us and bless the NSO every time you log into your nation. We're the best and most entertaining alliance this game has and you all damn well know it whether you'll admit it or not.

We are here for you! On behalf of the rest of the New Sith Order, you are welcome, Cyber Nations!

That is some ego you have there oh mighty viceroy. I mean I know you are viceroy of the best sphere in the game, but that shouldn't over inflate your ego thattttttttt much. :awesome:

I´m not a big fan of drama to be honest. It´s nice, and the lead up to a war is very nice in terms of propaganda and drama, but to have it happening 7 days a week kinda dilutes the drama and makes it seem every day.

So it´s a mixed reaction you get from me. Thanks for giving me something to waste my time with reading on occassion (I didn´t even bother reading this thread fully, mostly the first 2 pages and the last 2 pages), but as for anything more intresting, I feel you are lacking.

As you know I've respected some of your previous posts, but this is just super ironic coming from a member of TOP lol. If you like war your clearly in the wrong alliance. Top doesn't do a damn thing but sit on its hands with an undeserved sense of smugness. When has top done anything noteworthy in its history, ever? Besides of course being a good little lackey to people with more courage and intelligence. Since we're into making analogies, TOP is like a stereotypical white trash girlfriend. She talks the talk and throws a few slaps in behind her boyfriend, but once hes out for the count he gets kicked to the curb and shes off the find someone else to leech off of.

We've just finished dismantling pink; give us a week or two to scheme up something new. In the mean time, if your bored maybe you should take it upon yourself to create some fun. But hey that might be asking to much of the all-mighty top.

(Fun Fact: Doppelganger/Corinan is undefeated in battle spanning his entire Cyber Nations career, from the Citrus Wars, to the Great Patriotic War, 'til now! Un-freakin-defeated! It's true!)

Out of interest, why did you leave NPO? I have wondered this for a while but never got the chance to ask until now.

As you know I've respected some of your previous posts, but this is just super ironic coming from a member of TOP lol. If you like war your clearly in the wrong alliance. Top doesn't do a damn thing but sit on its hands with an undeserved sense of smugness. When has top done anything noteworthy in its history, ever? Besides of course being a good little lackey to people with more courage and intelligence. Since we're into making analogies, TOP is like a stereotypical white trash girlfriend. She talks the talk and throws a few slaps in behind her boyfriend, but once hes out for the count he gets kicked to the curb and shes off the find someone else to leech off of.

We've just finished dismantling pink; give us a week or two to scheme up something new. In the mean time, if your bored maybe you should take it upon yourself to create some fun. But hey that might be asking to much of the all-mighty top.

lol, you know nothing.  You never will know why you're wrong because you're not important enough.  Too bad most history isn't in the textbooks for know-it-alls like you to get a clue.

Sorry, I couldn't just let you sit there with your absolutely undeserved smugness at critiquing an entity that has done far more than you ever will.

Edited by Dr. Dan

That right there is the only type of response that TOP members ever seem to give in the face of criticism. 'It is too complex for your simple minds, nothing is ever black and white, you are not important enough to understand'. An insubstantial rebuttal (if you can even call it that) which doesn't explain or prove anything. Surely you can do better than that.

Edited by Aimee Mann

That right there is the only type of response that TOP members ever seem to give in the face of criticism. 'It is too complex for your simple minds, nothing is ever black and white, you are not important enough to understand'. An insubstantial rebuttal (if you can even call it that) which doesn't explain or prove anything. Surely you can do better than that.

Or, it could be the fact that Dr. Dan was a goverment member of TOP for many moons, and he would naturally know a lot more about our alliance than some random person from the peanut gallery. Or it could be what you said, who knows?

That right there is the only type of response that TOP members ever seem to give in the face of criticism.

That is a complete fallacy.  This is the only response I have to give to people who claim we are solely leeches.  They are ignorant of the truth.  I never claimed he had a simple mind, just that we have done more than he has claimed and that he has done himself.

Or, it could be the fact that Dr. Dan was a goverment member of TOP for many moons, and he would naturally know a lot more about our alliance than some random person from the peanut gallery. Or it could be what you said, who knows?

I don't doubt that he is familiar with the workings of TOP, which is why it's all the more confusing to see him resorting to childish insults instead of offering up a decent reply.

I don't doubt that he is familiar with the workings of TOP, which is why it's all the more confusing to see him resorting to childish insults instead of offering up a decent reply.

I apologize if I matched the tone in which it was directed at my alliance.  Gets a bit tiresome.

I agree with Blue, this thread is regarding the tech raiding policies of tLC and one player's encounter with them. If anyone want to know more about TOP, our culture, history, or philosophy: I invite you to visit our forums at http://ordoparadox.com to learn more about us.

Edited by Titus Pullo

lol, you know nothing.  You never will know why you're wrong because you're not important enough.  Too bad most history isn't in the textbooks for know-it-alls like you to get a clue.

Sorry, I couldn't just let you sit there with your absolutely undeserved smugness at critiquing an entity that has done far more than you ever will.

One could very reasonably say that it's TOP that sits with absolutely undeserved smugness. But then again, it was one of your members that picked this fight, so maybe if you don't like folks criticizing your alliance, you should point out to your membership that baiting usually engenders a response? :awesome:

I apologize if I matched the tone in which it was directed at my alliance. Gets a bit tiresome.
You could always do what Khyber recommended and do things to make the game interesting, rather than the "chihuahua-ing" around that he seems to despise. Im sure that would go a long way towards blunting some of the "tone" that is directed towards your alliance.

You could always do what Khyber recommended and do things to make the game interesting, rather than the "chihuahua-ing" around that he seems to despise. Im sure that would go a long way towards blunting some of the "tone" that is directed towards your alliance.

I guess the Sith always did have a hard time understanding the dichotomy of good and evil and their necessary places in the world. Well, for that matter, so did the Jedi.

I guess the Sith always did have a hard time understanding the dichotomy of good and evil and their necessary places in the world. Well, for that matter, so did the Jedi.

So are you saying that TOP are the "good guys", then? Because, frankly speaking, the Sith arent known for preaching about morality and their place in supporting it.

So are you saying that TOP are the "good guys", then? Because, frankly speaking, the Sith arent known for preaching about morality and their place in supporting it.

The connections between the 'good' and social stability, as well as between 'evil' and social instability, are strong ones throughout most monotheistic societies, and that's the primary relationship between the Sith and Jedi from what I've seen/heard of the Star Wars mythology. Some sort of social stability is necessary for the existence or at least relevance of instabilizing forces. Good and evil are really just the broadest terms that can be used to describe that sort of mutually interdependent relationship.

Speaking of super-irony, look! an NSO member espousing his alliance's superior worth while decrying another's "undeserved sense of smugness"!

It's sad that a throwback to the old world like NSO can so consistently get away with painting themselves as harbingers of change.

The connections between the 'good' and social stability, as well as between 'evil' and social instability, are strong ones throughout most monotheistic societies, and that's the primary relationship between the Sith and Jedi from what I've seen/heard of the Star Wars mythology. Some sort of social stability is necessary for the existence or at least relevance of instabilizing forces. Good and evil are really just the broadest terms that can be used to describe that sort of mutually interdependent relationship.

Well said.

So what does that have to do with anything?

If the NSO was so keen on war then why did tLC and the rest of Frostbite crawl back this far the moment we actually stood up for Dennis.

I mean come on, at least give us some fun. Don't be the paper tiger you appear to be right now.

What?

If you want to declare war on us just go ahead. But don't post idiocy like this, it does everyone a disservice.

e/ Also I'm just going to pretend this is actually in World Affairs now.

Edited by Heft