Open-Door Policy

fenrir

United Purple Nations Announcement: Open-Door Policy

PurpleFlagwithouttext-1.jpg

“We need to give each other the space to grow, to be ourselves, to exercise our diversity. We need to give each other space so that we may both give and receive such beautiful things as ideas, openness, dignity, joy, healing, and inclusion.”

The old policy of the UPN was to keep the knowledge of who we speak with secret and let everyone guess to what we are doing. However, after much counsel it has been decided amongst the Administration of the UPN to allow for an Open-Door Policy when it comes to our foreign affairs. This means that instead of just seeing your embassy in our Embassy section of the UPN Forums one will be able to see all alliances in their Team Color section.

We believe that this policy will assist in making a more efficient and more open policy that will help anyone who is a friend or wanting to become a friend to the United Purple Nations.

Alliances who wish to possess a private forum where discussions maybe done on matters that are a little to sensitive or merely just want a place to talk a little less formally, may merely said a message to the Ministry of the UPN and request for that private board.

Thank you for reading.

-Fenrir of Highwind, Minister of UPN Foreign Affairs

However, after much counsel it has been decided amongst the Administration of the UPN to allow for an Open-Door Policy when it comes to our foreign affairs. This means that instead of just seeing your embassy in our Embassy section of theUPN Forums one will be able to see all alliances in their Team Color section.

I always thought an "open door policy" meant that you try to make yourself available as often as possible for people who want to talk to you (literally by leaving your office door open so as not to put people off). I never realized it could also be for the purpose of letting other people hear your conversations. Interesting idea.

And now I wonder who gave you the bright idea ;):P

Yours are even more open, an ambassador can see every embassy in every colour. Invicta was doing it this way from before we even had an embassy with NPO.

Yes, this type of embassy setup makes sense and simplifies administration considerably. Sensible move by our allies. :wub:

I don't think that is a good idea because some questions need privacity to be discussed, but if you are open to allow private rooms there isn't problem I guess.

Of course. Members who are officially friends to the UPN have private rooms... cause we <3 you so much ^^. We want to keep a little more open in our Foreign Policy because many problems are triggered by mistrust. We don't wish to have such misunderstandings. Since friends want to have more of a private domain, we will be happy to oblige if necessary.

I always thought an "open door policy" meant that you try to make yourself available as often as possible for people who want to talk to you (literally by leaving your office door open so as not to put people off). I never realized it could also be for the purpose of letting other people hear your conversations. Interesting idea.

We will do that as well. People can speak to the UPN Ministers and officials whenever they need to. We are willing to work with anyone and everyone. The Open-Door Policy is merely to try and resolve misunderstandings and suspicion without resorting to more aggressive means and elevating any possible concerns with knowledge.

“Suspicion is the companion of mean souls, and the bane of all good society” - Thomas Paine

Isn't that what IRC is generally used for?

Or PMs?

Sometimes issues require more then one Minister to get involve and it could be over a very complicated matter that may require many days of talking and work to resolve. IRC can be used for some matters but not all since some people have odd schedules to adhere by and maybe unable to meet at certain times. PMs can only be done effectively with one minister making it less then effective with an issue that requires the entire Ministry.

Hope this policy works well for you all. We did something like this back in DE. It works out well, and if someone desires things be spoken about in private, they just request as much. I have seen no problem with it. Good move fenrir. I will have to stop by and say "hey"; It's been a while.

They can request a private embassy if they wish, it's not a problem.

Also, our door is always open if anyone wants to talk. :)