IRON's terms end

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beer reviews (and really, they didnt HAVE to be over beer) humiliating? With ulterior political motives behind it? Comparisons to "kissing Fark's feet?"

And calls for less honesty?

Really?

I think a lot of you don't really get the concept of Farkistan. Though I guess if this is the only stuff you guys can find to complain about I guess we did pretty good.

/sorry pet poove

Yeah out of everyone I fought, he made it the most interesting. Not to mention the excellent recipe swap we had.

Why do you think I re-declared on you? I needed an idea for dinner.

Thanks for the good fight and the kind words.

----------------------------------------

As the person who reviewed every IRON nation at least once a week to check for compliance on the military terms, I will say that in general they complied within a couple of days once reminded of the terms. But I did have to remind about a 20% of the alliance. There were only a handful of nations that failed to ever comply with the surrender terms.

Why that many people needed reminders, and why those handful are not smoking craters is not mine to say.

Also, I forgot to post this...

I wish Fark well as we depart from the remnants of this past war (treaty). I fought two great Farkers (idsfa and Fark Dansker) and they were awesome opponents, good company in war. While we may have differences, I hope we might be able to know each other on more friendly terms rather than in the result of a conflict.

I was glowing green for a week after idsfa declared on me after i declared on Sarcasmolia. :awesome:

Edited by Ivan V

I am glad to see this day come.

I personally have much respect for the many Farkers I traded nukes with, all of them played with honor and dignity which is more than I can say for some other opponents.

I think all in all the OP could have been a little more diplomatic especially if Fark's intentions were to improve future relations. It is a parting shot in ways that certainly was not going to improve relations. So, one has to wonder.

Nonetheless, it is over and we are well on our way to rebuilding to where we belong.

Long Live The Republic!

Ferro Credimus!

Also, I forgot to post this...

I wish Fark well as we depart from the remnants of this past war (treaty). I fought two great Farkers (idsfa and Fark Dansker) and they were awesome opponents, good company in war. While we may have differences, I hope we might be able to know each other on more friendly terms rather than in the result of a conflict.

I was glowing green for a week after idsfa declared on me after i declared on Sarcasmolia. :awesome:

And thanks to you as well, Ivan. The glow made it easier to attack at night.

/It's the goodwill like this that makes the compliance issues such a downer.

Im in CSN :P you're already ahead of us. Also as far as the number of MPs IRON had SEVEN more than Fark did during the war..double the membership and seven more MPs

also re: Article 10, How come none of you folks whined like this when the terms were first announced?

Well, you better believe it

Ah I got confused with you flying a Fark Pip and having them as a TE alliance.

Also I believe we had much better things to do when terms were released then worry about what was though to be a joke beer reivew.

Congrats IRON...well done.

FARK )): Your OP sounded like a petulant child. Always thought better of you as an alliance. But as you said you didn't want to paint a broad picture of IRON, so I won't take a broad picture of FARK...

also re: Article 10, How come none of you folks whined like this when the terms were first announced?

I am not sure bout others, but for myself, i figured that a joke term like that would not be reinforced that heavily nor would it be criticized by FARK as it was (looks at the crap about bay). Now that FARK has brought that to light, there is much more to see and to discuss about article 10.

it is not our fault that FARK decided to criticize IRON's failure to be happy go lucky about a joke term. I have seen many alliances sign terms they would rather refuse just to get war over with.

The funny thing is, FARK was suppose to protect us.... right! haha

We'd get attacked and We would go to FARK, their answer "just attack them by yourself"

There was no protecting... What a joke!

One side of every story is not the true side of any story....the truth lies somewhere in between.

I take it that you're still in the know then? Despite the fact that you left your allies out to dry after a few days of war? Good to hear that the hardly boys and the rest of their posse still trust you. Now if you want to share this "absolute truth" with us I am sure that we will be delighted.

I am also sure that the true believers of admin disagree with you. The holy book of Bob is absolute truth and it's pretty one sided. ;)

I have seen many alliances sign terms they would rather refuse just to get war over with.

I'm having difficulty coming up with surrender terms that alliances would sign except to get war over with.

So far, the only one I've thought of is drinking some decent beers and telling people what you thought of them.

I guess if we've learned one thing, it's that beer drinking will often lead to arguments.

Congrats on your freedom, IRON. I'll say again that you guys put up a good fight and I give shout outs to all my respectable opponents, but I'm sorry that what was intended as a friendly peace brought out a bitterness between our alliances that war could not.

Cheers.

Edited by Captain V

Well then, I am glad to see FARK's perception of things. I still disagree with you calling FARK's observations that of a 'petulant child,' though.

Yet the originator of the post calls IRON a petulant child...

I do not know the facts, I am not judge or jury. I am capable of understanding that one side stating something in a post, does not make that post the absolute truth.

The funny thing is, FARK was suppose to protect us.... right! haha

We'd get attacked and We would go to FARK, their answer "just attack them by yourself"

There was no protecting... What a joke!

Direct your attention a few pages back where i covered this issue. You stay classy now.

I am not sure bout others, but for myself, i figured that a joke term like that would not be reinforced that heavily nor would it be criticized by FARK as it was (looks at the crap about bay). Now that FARK has brought that to light, there is much more to see and to discuss about article 10.

it is not our fault that FARK decided to criticize IRON's failure to be happy go lucky about a joke term. I have seen many alliances sign terms they would rather refuse just to get war over with.

Why would it have been put in the terms if it was a joke clause? did this look like the joke war Chill had in mind?

I disagree. I am glad that FARK used this as an OP, actually. It is good to know "how things went down."

As Hakim said, one side is not the only side. Obviously we thought things went differently. I wasn't thrilled by them yelling at us for military violations after they had authorized us to defend ourselves.

As per Article 10:

As additional reparations for their larger involvement in the war, the following leaders of IRON; FinsterBaby, Shan Revan, Peron, Griffon, MCRABT, Matt Miller, Grizz Goose, Krash, and bay102174 are required to conduct a thorough evaluation of at least five beers. Any member of the IRON leadership with a weak liver, insufficient age, or other impediment to a proper evaluation of said suds may instead conduct a similar study of at least three variations of bacon. Their final report must be submitted to Pope Rodger, Squirrel of Farkistan to be published in the CyberNations Forums within 30 days of the signing of this agreement. Any evaluation of a malted beverage that contains the word "light", "lite", or "ultra" will be considered a crime against humanity and said evaluator shall submit to public ridicule until this matter is forgotten.

bay102174 is underage, FinsterBaby, Shan Revan, Peron, Griffon, MCRABT, Matt Miller, Grizz Goose, Krash are all unable to purchase alcohol due to themselves living in a country (that shall conveniently) remain nameless where alcohol is a capital offense. Whilst I am not in anyway IRON leadership or have anything to do with the IRON command structure Id like to give you a beer review in lieu of my comrades in the desperate hope of steaming if nothing else; the flow of tears.

BNT's Beer Review

budweiser-label1.jpg

Good Points: The label looks good. Good adverts in the past

Bad Points: Pretty much everything else

General comments: In my opinion truly awful, little more than marketing in a bottle. Not even brewed in the US anymore for the main part. Brewed with a collection of various grains, rather than barley which is what beer should be made from.

Advertised as tasting "Fresh". For "fresh" read bland.

People who like beer don't like Budweiser.

Still, I'd drink it if it was all there was available (and have done in the past).

When this war started it was an honorable battle. There really was not much ill will between the alliances fighting IRON. It started as close to as you can get to a gentleman's war. IRON leaders express good lucks and best wishes to our opponents. We also expressed that no punches would be pulled just because they is no great amount of hatred.

After some time into the war with IRON greatly outnumbered (5 to 1, I do believe) and out gunned it was apparent that we were not going to win. Further fighting would only do more damage to our opponents as we fell, because we were armed to the teeth. The annihilation of IRON was not on the table, so kicking us while down was only going to cause ill will towards our opponents. Here is where it gets a little complicated. The alliances that were fighting us did not all agree on anything. So when we went to the table, two of them wanted to stop, shake hands and call it a day. At least two of them, one of them being FARK, wanted to take us to nothing and demand ridiculous reps. FARK even clamming that if they did not receive reps there would be a full scale riot in their alliance that their Gov could not control. This went on for several rounds of fighting. I got the impression that we were dealing with little children pissing down both legs who had won their first fight. I warned them several times that by doing this it could turn the members of IRON against them. Changing this from an honorable war to a dishonorable act of overaggression on their part. Other Council members of IRON warned them also. Those two aforementioned alliances warned them. All to no avail.

After extortion level rep demands were thrown around, one alliance had had enough. They started to put pressure on FARK (and the others) to give us realistic terms. It was made very clear to us, by them, this was a one time deal. Sign now, or be in a perpetual state of war. I very much wanted the beer review and snide comments removed from the TOS. It looked childish and unprofessional. We reluctantly signed though. There was just not enough reps for FARK to have their hand out at the end.

FARK knew they carried the war way to far. Even after being warned of the consequences of their actions. FARK thinking that things such as beer reviews would provide them with some good graces from IRON is silly. Not after the way we were treated by them. For the record I like beer. I could have posted a very good review about several beers you may not have tried. I was going to damned to hell if I was going to post a worthy review in your thread made to ridicule IRON.

This is my reaction to a very sore winner. I have always encouraged gracious victories in IRON. Graciousness was clearly not extended to us by FARK.

Thank you to our friends and allies for the well wishes in this thread. Thank you to the opponents that we fought in this war that have honor both on the battle field and off. Thank you Iamthey and bamabuck for the excellent posts.