IS-CG

Fort Pitt

Who do you support?  

369 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like anyone in CG, though two of those people have already left, on the other hand I feel a small amount of support for IS, purely because to me, it seems like people are mindlessly supporting the underdog or just have some problem with IS.

This was basically a tech raid like any other, and all of a sudden there is this incredible moral outrage people feel about it? It seems to me at least, that since Karma arose, along with vocal supporters painting the hegemony as pure evil bringing everyone together to fight evil, everyone is just trying to paint each other as the next big evil entity on planet bob, and everyone wants to throw themselves out there as moral crusaders for good, or maybe justice.

And no, I have no idea why i was putting that in italics.

I don't like anyone in CG, though two of those people have already left, on the other hand I feel a small amount of support for IS, purely because to me, it seems like people are mindlessly supporting the underdog or just have some problem with IS.

This was basically a tech raid like any other, and all of a sudden there is this incredible moral outrage people feel about it? It seems to me at least, that since Karma arose, along with vocal supporters painting the hegemony as pure evil bringing everyone together to fight evil, everyone is just trying to paint each other as the next big evil entity on planet bob, and everyone wants to throw themselves out there as moral crusaders for good, or maybe justice.

And no, I have no idea why i was putting that in italics.

yes, because obviously if people support someone YOU don't like, then it is just mindless supporting. And having a problem with IS could very well be the reason but it seems you don't support CG because you do not like them and have problems with CG...... but please continue showing your hypocrisy.

As for it being a tech raid, does it truly matter? seriously, IS attacked the entire alliance. raid or not, it is still a DoW that does not need to be taken lightly. Most alliances do not tend to attack an entire alliance for just a tech raid. And obviously, IS was fundamentally wrong in the amount of friends that CG actually has.

but yes, continue to paint IS as some idyllic and smart alliance.......

yes, because obviously if people support someone YOU don't like, then it is just mindless supporting. And having a problem with IS could very well be the reason but it seems you don't support CG because you do not like them and have problems with CG...... but please continue showing your hypocrisy.

I'm not really showing any hypocrisy... Anyway, in the threads that have spewed forth from this issue, everyone and their dog are just following the crowd's general opinion, voicing whatever everyone else does. These days when one small group is up against a large group, almost always everyone will support the small group, very vocally as well, for example rebel Virginia against sparta, against the Family and also GDI against the Family.

Pre-NoCB war, if a small alliance did anything the large alliance members would harass them and troll them and follow exactly what we are seeing today except in the opposite direction. I would know, because I was in a small alliance back then, most announcements we made were trolled for no reason.

This is mindless supporting, everyone just suddenly changed their views on the world? I don't really think so, people are just tooting each others horns. This is what annoys me, people shouldn't be walking around as sheep here. Nothing to do with my personal opinion of CG.

As for it being a tech raid, does it truly matter? seriously, IS attacked the entire alliance. raid or not, it is still a DoW that does not need to be taken lightly. Most alliances do not tend to attack an entire alliance for just a tech raid. And obviously, IS was fundamentally wrong in the amount of friends that CG actually has.

but yes, continue to paint IS as some idyllic and smart alliance.......

Like above, if this happened pre-NoCB war, public opinion would be totally different, so does that change how fundamentally right or wrong they are? I don't really care to be honest.

Also, I never painted IS as anything, I stated my disdain with the people swaying their stance on everything the moment it benefits them more or shows them in a better light.

This.

See, the funny thing about the "Immoral" sigs is that yesterday I indeed made a statement claiming that my alliance was not lulz, but in fact Immoral. On these very forums, I proved this point.

Putting "Pink/IS is immoral, sig if you're down" is just like putting "NPO stands for New Pacific Order, sig if you're down". There's no point to be made.

See, the funny thing about the "Immoral" sigs is that yesterday I indeed made a statement claiming that my alliance was not lulz, but in fact Immoral. On these very forums, I proved this point.

Putting "Pink/IS is immoral, sig if you're down" is just like putting "NPO stands for New Pacific Order, sig if you're down". There's no point to be made.

Depends on how you veiw it.

CG, but not because I have any problem with raiding. What I do have a problem with is that IS used spy attacks, bombers, and CMs violating every established rule of raiding etiquette. I raid, but I always just hit with GAs and send peace launching other attacks that just cause shows this wasn't a raid, but an unprovoked war without a DoW. Now it's clear that IS was the aggressor and did not even have the courtesy of offering a CB (however weak it may/may not have been).

CG, but not because I have any problem with raiding. What I do have a problem with is that IS used spy attacks, bombers, and CMs violating every established rule of raiding etiquette. I raid, but I always just hit with GAs and send peace launching other attacks.

It's up to the raider, or the raider's alliance if they have one, to determine the etiquette required.

I for one very nearly bought the MP this month purely to raid people in my NS range and nuke them whilst I was at it. I don't care that nuking them eradicates tech that I can steal.

What I don't understand, is why everyone is labeling an entire sphere immoral lately? There are more people than IS on that sphere, or even RAD.

So you are blanketly telling everyone here that ANYONE on that sphere is immoral and you don't like them? Sounds childish to me.

On the other hand, this war is just stupid. So people aren't using their heads too much I suppose.