Recognition of war

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're missing my point.

If NSO consider that any attack on their members requires a full DoW on the alliance responsible without any recourse to diplomacy, where are the DoW's on RIA, Lawless, The Solid States and Nex Consortio?

the circumstances of those individual wars are quite different, which, correct me if I'm wrong, is most likely why NSO responded differently.

You're missing my point.

If NSO consider that any attack on their members requires a full DoW on the alliance responsible without any recourse to diplomacy, where are the DoW's on RIA, Lawless, The Solid States and Nex Consortio?

Because the RIA member wasn't a real RIA member, and lawless was made buy two player who got tech raided by us and wanted to get back at us. As for the other two I really don't care since I don't know who they are. Plus they didn't go ahead on the OWF

and make a declaration like RAD did.

Hey Moldavi:

If I jokingly attacked one of your government boys, would you several minutes later post a declaration of war against the whole of CSN without even attempting to talk to anyone at CSN? (Let's be honest, this isn't a recognition, as RAD as an alliance never moved against you)

Or was it that RAD, due to their treaty ties and member count, was just a more convenient target?

Are you a govt member? If yes, then I can answer for him. Your alliance would be in the same position RAD is in now.

edit:grammar is so hard.

Edited by Lennox

You're missing my point.

Perhaps you could point out where any of those alliances posted an open declaration of war which included recognition that they would be responsible for their actions and perhaps you could follow that up with acknowledgement from the attacking nation, who happens to be government. Otherwise it is apples and oranges and such comparisons are really just ridiculous.

Ok ok, how about we dont go off on random insubstantial tangents about theoretical wars that you guys are spawning in your heads? a

and yay i agree with hyperion!! :D

and CSN dropping threats now or just some ignorant members? ugh I hope not, CSN is cool B)

You're missing my point.

NSO does not "consider that any attack on [our] members requires a full DoW."

Indeed they do, what I'm trying to find out here is why RAD seems to have drawn the short straw in this instance. Usually you can see this plainly enough in the CB. Here though, the CB seems to revolve around NSO declaring war on RAD because NSO doesn't have a sense of humour. Where more "serious" tech raids, such as the ones I've shown there, are left slide without such a heavy-handed reply.

I like the think that we simply have a more evolved sense of humor.

Please, i'd love to see a declaration on RIA

Have at it, I won't get in your way.

Don't be silly, that'd actually have consequences for NSO.

Attacking alliances tends to have consequences? I had no idea.

the circumstances of those individual wars are quite different, which, correct me if I'm wrong, is most likely why NSO responded differently.

You are the winner. Congratulations. Nice to see you post something that isn't outright condemning us, as well. :P

Having read through all of the threads related to this conflict, I'm left with one question. It's not about whether or not RAD's thread was a joke. (Clearly, it was not.) It's not about whether someone from RAD launched a military attack against a member of the NSO. (Nobody's debating that.) Neither is it about whether the NSO has the right to defend its membership in any manner it sees fit. (NSO enjoys that right, as do all alliances.) Finally, it's not about some silly questions related to morality, over-reaction or anything like that. (I'm not in the business of telling the leaders of alliances how to conduct their business.)

No, my question is this: Is Monos Archein allied to RAD in some way that's not mentioned on the Wiki? I ask because it has been made clear that Jason8 was (and still is) identified as a member of RAD's government, when in fact he apparently isn't any longer. RAD's Wiki entry is obviously out of date.

I'm just trying to understand why MA's Deputy-Minister of Defense1made veiled threats, then backtracked, and now sports a signature that attacks the bloc NSO belongs to. (And which includes my alliance.) I was unaware that the New Polar Order, the Liquor Cabinet or the Siberian Tiger Alliance had done anything to antagonize Monos Archein in any way.

Perhaps I'm mistaken?

----------

1. I see he no longer identifies himself by said title.

Hi. I'm still the Deputy Minister of Defense for Monos Archein. I did not make veiled threats. I am very forward about any threats, and if there were a reason for me to threaten anybody I wouldn't make them veiled. The thread I posted was not backtracking, it was an explanation.

As to what connection we have to RAD, we are allies with RoK, who are allies and former protectors of RAD.

Trust me, if I needed to threaten someone it wouldn't be 'veiled'.

You're missing my point.

Why don't you point out the announcements made by all those alliances similiar to that of RAD? Also why don't you point out the increasing tensions over time with all of those alliances and NSO? You can't because you won't find either so why don't you just cease trying to force NSO into a little box so that they have to act the exact same way to each situation instead of deciding for themselves just like every other sovereign alliance.

That is what you are trying to do, you realize that of course, right?

Edit: Aww hell, this is what I get for stepping away for a few. A couple pages past the point I was so that I end up repeating that which others have already said.

Edited by HeinousOne

Couple more things I missed. Why my signature? Because I don't support all of FB's posturing lately, against SF and against Citadel. It's quite annoying.

Government members, even low-ranking ones, speak for their alliances.

How about this: I'll tell you when I'm speaking for Monos Archein and when I'm speaking for Superfriends. Because I haven't (ooc)posted(ooc) anything on behalf of either party, ever. When I do I'll be sure to give you, Kingzog, warning :)

Now do my actions reflect upon my alliance? Sure, to many people they do. But am I speaking on behalf of my allies? Nope, I'm not.

Edit: also I laughed out loud when I saw my (ooc)sig image in someone else's sig(ooc) so I decided to give it some more exposure. Common, you gotta admit, it's funny :D

Edited by Penkala

Couple more things I missed. Why my signature? Because I don't support all of FB's posturing lately, against SF and against Citadel. It's quite annoying.

How about this: I'll tell you when I'm speaking for Monos Archein and when I'm speaking for Superfriends. Because I haven't (ooc)posted(ooc) anything on behalf of either party, ever. When I do I'll be sure to give you, Kingzog, warning :)

Now do my actions reflect upon my alliance? Sure, to many people they do. But am I speaking on behalf of my allies? Nope, I'm not.

Oh that is rich. "Hey look Citadel, we should be friends because FB postures against both of us."

Oh please...spare me.

Didn't you say something about RAD having the full weight of SuperFriends behind it earlier in this thread? Pretty sure that was you....