Fact (Read Opinion) Finding Mission

magicninja

GATO? Never heard of 'em.  

326 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a war that they ended up accepting a viceory in as terms and didn't fire nukes in. Just because you've been beaten to a pulp for no good reason by a bully doesn't make you a better person.

I agree, not a stroll in the park, but hardly a show of a good alliance.

Except during the entire war I think we had most 2 people in peace mode, and there was a reason for the no nuke thing

It was a war that they ended up accepting a viceory in as terms and didn't fire nukes in. Just because you've been beaten to a pulp for no good reason by a bully doesn't make you a better person.

I still kinda regret not firing the nukes. However by not doing it, we let a much better prepared alliance do the same thing (you guys.)

To be quite honest, we didnt have good enough conditions to go fully nuclear. We had only recently really taken military preparedness to heart, and many of our nations were still in the process of building up sustainable warchests and SDI/nukes. Combined with the fact that all of our top nations were in war mode (we were told going to peace was automatic war from NPO before they declared,) and so many of them were in anarchy (so we couldn't nuclear stagger or target nations with no SDI.) Simply put, we weren't ready to do enough, or sustain, damage to our enemies in a nuclear war. Not to mention we were better prepared than our other allies (no offense CSN or IAA,) and we REALLY didn't want them to end up eating thousands of nukes either.

So we actually made the decision not to go nuclear. It was hard for most of us to swallow, some people went nuclear anyway, and logically I very well may have made the same choice looking back in hindsight. The AC at the time would have defered to my judgement as MOD, and so would GATO as a whole. Though I always wonder what would have happened if we had gone full nuclear from day 1. FAN did offer to consult us in warfare many times, maybe I should have taken up their offer :P

except, GATO survived, is going strong, and most importantly, has not become a puppet.

except, GATO survived, is going strong, and most importantly, has not become a puppet.

No, GATO's doing absolutely nothing. You're just there. Like a plush toy. What you need is a strong leader. Someone with the balls and conviction to show you the way to glory. And you know something, I think I'm up to the task.

I honestly don't know you guys very well. I was not around for the old GATO and have not had much dealings with the new one. You are one of the only people I have seen posting. On the plus side, I have no strong negative feelings towards GATO.

I honestly don't know you guys very well. I was not around for the old GATO and have not had much dealings with the new one. You are one of the only people I have seen posting. On the plus side, I have no strong negative feelings towards GATO.

Well thats a plus anyway ;)

Come stop by our irc or forums sometime. Were a pretty fun bunch.

I always have a soft spot for GATO as it was my first CN alliance (PW II and GWI). Also new GATO, as it seems some logic has been incorporated into FA.

Logic? In my FA department?

Well, I'll have to stamp that out ASAP.

No, GATO's doing absolutely nothing. You're just there. Like a plush toy. What you need is a strong leader. Someone with the balls and conviction to show you the way to glory. And you know something, I think I'm up to the task.

Oh RV we've replaced you with JB, did you not get the memo? :P Though I do agree a strong leader is good, I do not mind a stable leader for a bit while we gather our bearings and grow a bit in numbers and strength.

And logic in our FA, blasphemy!

Oh RV we've replaced you with JB, did you not get the memo? :P Though I do agree a strong leader is good, I do not mind a stable leader for a bit while we gather our bearings and grow a bit in numbers and strength.

And logic in our FA, blasphemy!

I will be making a grand return whether you like it or not. Mark my words.

I think GATO's got a great core of dedicated members. Between that and the growth since the viceroyship ended, there's good potential. But GATO's got a long history (the longest), and hasn't done enough recently to move its image forward. I think in the absence of a strong modern presence, the default GATO image is going to be based on the past, which you probably don't want. I hope that between GATO's return, the creation of NSO, and our recent merger to form Silence, we can work together to do something cool with Brown.

I voted WAE :v:

Also, I voted Old GATO, because it was more fun when the political landscape was newer. Though the current scope of everything is magnificent in its own regard.

Ha you would....... ^_^

Hmmm the poll results aren't all that bad. It seems the minority is people who think of GATO in a negative way. That's great. I wish more of everyone would've written their opinions down though. Maybe gave a reason why they felt one way or the other. Then, maybe we could address some of the issues they have.