Fact (Read Opinion) Finding Mission

magicninja

GATO? Never heard of 'em.  

326 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well hello. I haven't made a poll in awhile so I thought I'd ask about something that has been a question in my mind for awhile. I've been wondering what other people thought of GATO as an alliance these days. Internally we're doing great. One of the fastest growing alliances on the fastest growing sphere. Hey times are good in that respect. Our foreign affairs team has been doing great but even with a lot of alliances warming up to GATO it seems we still have a way to go in the eye of public opinion with your everyday run of the mill member.

There is no doubt the GATO name carries a stigma that has not made things easy. Most of us know the history of GATO and it's label as WAE. How it has to pick itself up and dust itself off at least once a year. There are old enemies and old allies alike that still don;t think much of GATO regardless of it's ability to persevere.

There are also those who know GATO for what it is. A fine community that is as a whole as dedicated to itself and allies as much if not more than any other alliance out there.

It's tough to see where the majority lies sometimes. So out of curiosity I'd like to see the opinions of those out there on Bob and see just how deep the old grudges are and see if there's a chance to convert the nonbelievers.

Lay it on me. Tell me how you feel. Let it all out.

Edited by magicninja

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worst Alliance Ever is WAE.

I quite like GATO to be honest. Spoke to a few of you whilst I was in OTF and you were under terms. Your recruiting is outstanding and I hope that you get a good number of members staying in the game for a while. A strong GATO is only a good thing for the Brown sphere.

I also like Manis. Nice guy.

I don't really have much to go off in regard to the "New GATO". You didn't define it and even if you did define it some reasonable way (like after the viceroy ended), GATO hasn't done anything of note up to this point. Given that information I selection "lolGATO" and "Old GATO" because I heard you guys used to be pretty cool.

I don't really have much to go off in regard to the "New GATO". You didn't define it and even if you did define it some reasonable way (like after the viceroy ended), GATO hasn't done anything of note up to this point. Given that information I selection "lolGATO" and "Old GATO" because I heard you guys used to be pretty cool.

The GATO today is basically the same (imo) as the GATO post GWIII which is why I defined the old GATO as GW era. The people and the atmosphere that is GATO hasn't changed much since I was last there over a year ago. Same commitment, same wonderful people with some new wonderful people of course but mostly the same. Must be why I feel so at home.

I've always disliked GATO ever since it's lame and cowardly attack on FOK during the UJW.

However recently GATO seems to have stayed out of trouble and out of FOK's way, so I've gone from disliking them to 'Meh'.

Well credit GATO with the reason for Optional defense being expressly written into PIATs these days instead of implied. :P It wasn't anything personal with FOK during the UJP war. It was simply a matter of doing what was in the best interest of the brown sphere at the time. You guys were laying it pretty heavy on a couple of the bigger alliances on Brown. Had we let you crush them our home would've been very unstable with the loss of their nations and loss of trust among us and them. I do agree that the situation with TOP was an afterthought and we were glad that we all got out of it pretty much unscathed, you guys included.

It will come as no surprise that i love GATO, very few communties can claim the mutual ties that you guys can boost....i saw that core weather 9 or so weeks of unrelenting war with little or no respite that would have made many others fold at the drop of hat. Rest assured if i am ever needed i would gladly fight under GATO's banner again no matter the odds: VIVA GATO!!!

As for the old or new it matters little to me, i fought alongside the old in GW1 & GW3 and i fought for the new, both are alright in my eyes.

Edited by Cataduanes

I don't know a whole lot about GATO, but I know most alliances wouldn't have made it through all the crap you guys have had to deal with. I also met your AC Laserwolf last night and he seemed like a great guy. So I'd say yall have some serious potential. I voted new GATO, not having been here for the old.

-Bama

GATO's doing fantastically under Laserwolf's administration.

Ah shucks :blush:. While it's cool to be given props, the real props goes to GATO as a whole for the work and effort we all have put in.

I don't know a whole lot about GATO, but I know most alliances wouldn't have made it through all the crap you guys have had to deal with. I also met your AC Laserwolf last night and he seemed like a great guy. So I'd say yall have some serious potential. I voted new GATO, not having been here for the old.

-Bama

Thank Bama. I, too, enjoyed our brief chat. :)

Edited by Laserwolf

So what was the GATO-1V war then? a stroll in the park? <_<

It was a war that they ended up accepting a viceory in as terms and didn't fire nukes in. Just because you've been beaten to a pulp for no good reason by a bully doesn't make you a better person.

I agree, not a stroll in the park, but hardly a show of a good alliance.

Edited by MagicalTrevor