Fact (Read Opinion) Finding Mission

magicninja

GATO? Never heard of 'em.  

326 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't see why any of us would allow a leader to curb democratic ideals such that the system is gone. We will just have to live without your respect.

I remember checking your charter recently. There's pretty much nothing to stop it.

If the Congress, and AC want to make a change, there's nothing really to stop it. Except your judges.

Luckily each one of those positions is elected. It wouldn't be hard for the group of them to come together and say "We aren't going to be a democracy anymore. This is now an Oligarchy with us in charge" After that just about all the general membership could do is leave.

all dictatorships have failed in-game

Wait what? Name any dictatorship on Planet Bob that has failed worse than GATO has in its history. I'm really curious here.

Why?

In 3 years you have yet to show yourselves as having improved at all. Unless you count withdrawing from politics completely so you'd stop embarrassing yourselves.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Meh"

I had a fair amount of respect for GATO, especially during the war with the NPO.

You guys held up marvelously, and I hope no one ever forgets that. You accepted horrible terms. I suppose you felt that you didn't have much choice.

There really wasn't much of a choice. Every time we tried to talk, we received a "don't call us, we'll call you" response. So we waited and when the terms came, we took them. We weren't happy with them but we took them.

And then, once released from those terms, you (almost) immediately signed a treaty with those who tried to destroy you. I understand that it's necessary to come to terms with one's former enemies; indeed, that has been one of the key tasks I've set for myself as Nordreich's leader. However, the timing of that was simply terrible. You set yourselves up for all of the 'Stockholm Syndrome' comments.

So...."Meh"

It is what it is. B)

However, I'm optimistic about the future.

Coolio. :) We are too. :D

There really wasn't much of a choice. Every time we tried to talk, we received a "don't call us, we'll call you" response. So we waited and when the terms came, we took them. We weren't happy with them but we took them.

I think most people realized that, which is why your turning around and immediately signing a treaty was viewed so negatively.

Regardless, the fact that you guys kept your community together in the face of that obvious attempt to destroy it speaks volumes about your alliance. Hence why I said I'm optimistic about your future.

In 3 years you have yet to show yourselves as having improved at all. Unless you count withdrawing from politics completely so you'd stop embarrassing yourselves.

We don't need to improve, we're already the best. :P

GATO's only "embarrassing" actions have been when we opposed the NPO, something that the Karma coalition has done as well... just more successfully.

I voted WAE :v:

Also, I voted Old GATO, because it was more fun when the political landscape was newer. Though the current scope of everything is magnificent in its own regard.

A rare OWF appearance. )):

I say new.

Edited by Heyman

GATO has Esau of Isaac and Griffy, so I can't bring myself to say too much bad about them.

:wub:

I remember checking your charter recently. There's pretty much nothing to stop it.

If the Congress, and AC want to make a change, there's nothing really to stop it. Except your judges.

Luckily each one of those positions is elected. It wouldn't be hard for the group of them to come together and say "We aren't going to be a democracy anymore. This is now an Oligarchy with us in charge" After that just about all the general membership could do is leave.

The chances of all of our elected officials deciding to form the alliance into a dictatorship is about as likely as the Sun spontaneously exploding in five minutes.

We have, you just don't accept them as improvements.

It's your prerogative to do that; you're wrong, but you're entitled to your view.

A rare OWF appearance. )):

I should post on the OWF more :v:

Edited by Esau of Isaac

I think most people realized that, which is why your turning around and immediately signing a treaty was viewed so negatively.

Regardless, the fact that you guys kept your community together in the face of that obvious attempt to destroy it speaks volumes about your alliance. Hence why I said I'm optimistic about your future.

the PIAT was initially agreed to by the viceroy-appointed government, and later re-ratified by an elected government, but regardless it was not signed by an independent GATO.

I fought alongside GATO in GW2 and GW3.

They are a fine group of people.

Their military organization was never anything spectacular but they were always a pleasure to talk with.

They always treated you as an equal, even if you were in some tiny micro alliance that everybody else would have dismissed as insignificant.

The new GATO looks very promising but I voted for the old GATO just for nostalgia reasons.

I've always disliked GATO ever since it's lame and cowardly attack on FOK during the UJW.

Hey, at least they bothered to declare war on you.

Why is it that when I speak frankly it seems like I hate someone? :P

hehe.

Feb 22 08:51:46 <Starcraftmazter> I really really hate you laura

Feb 22 09:00:41 <Starcraftmazter> I hate you so much laura

Jan 10 10:11:51 * Starcraftmazter slaps Arrnea|iFOK around a bit with a large trout

Jan 10 10:11:53 <Starcraftmazter> i hate you

Jan 10 10:11:53 <Starcraftmazter> ><

Apr 17 07:00:24 <Starcraftmazter> i hate you

Apr 17 07:00:28 <FinnishCommie> I know you do

But goddamn, boy, people whining and !@#$%*ing about how we've been treated in the past and how this should automatically mean we should hate their guts !@#$@#$ piss me off to no end. I have no objections to advising caution and some level of distrust. I do have objections when you throw a goddamn fit over expressing any friendliness to former enemies, throwing around generalizations, insults, and misapplied psychological terms in your efforts to poison the atmosphere and relationship. You wanna do that, then you can join the rest of the population who mindlessly follows their grudges to the end of time. You'll fit right in with the same people you hate, and you can be happy hating each other all you'd like.

Yeah, I always did like your posts. Nice to see you not letting me down. :)

I'll take that as a compliment, lol :P

We didnt really want to in all honesty. People must remember that at the time of the UJW, GATO didn't have many allies. You guys were in the process of administering a serious beat down to the only people who were still friendly to us. If you had picked ANYONE but NTO/AID we would never have even looked in your direction. In retrospect, after what AiD pulled off after our coming to help them, I would have rather have gone after goons.