Next war?

mhawk

Aggressive wars over minor CB?  

424 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Or maybe they just heard about some of their DE friends starting a new alliance and decided to join. If two friends are talking and one says "yeah, I'm starting a new alliance" an the other says "can I join", that's not recruiting. Friends talk, and often they stick together. If people leaving to join a breakoff with friends is evidence of recruiting, I can think of at least two alliances I could have rolled when I was TOOL HoFA. But that's not evidence. You shouldn't roll someone because you suspect they might have mentioned something to their friends about a new alliance.

-Bama

As far as I'm aware, they're not friends. The members aren't active and weren't just sticking with friends. The members went along with the merger until days later when they switched to Menotah, the same time the recruitment ss is from.

Your argument assumes that this was a case of friends joining with friends, and it's not. The original friends formed Menotah, which there is no issue with. The issue comes from when they then decided to recruit from Athens-DE.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I'm aware, they're not friends. The members aren't active and weren't just sticking with friends. The members went along with the merger until days later when they switched to Menotah, the same time the recruitment ss is from.

Your argument assumes that this was a case of friends joining with friends, and it's not. The original friends formed Menotah, which there is no issue with. The issue comes from when they then decided to recruit from Athens-DE.

The Menotah guys were ex-DE. How can you know those guys weren't friends with them?

-Bama

But can anyone prove how they heard about it? No. Speculation is not a CB. Every breakoff alliance has people who, somehow or another, find out about it and join. But their former alliances usually don't go out for blood.

-Bama

You're right. Athens can't really prove they were recruited unless they turn states evidence and rat out the ones who recruited them but neither can you say with any certainty that they weren't recruited.

I don't want to go to war over something like this. I really don't but GATO owes IAA a lot and there's no way that if something happens and IAA finds themselves at war that we aren't gonna help.

I'm seeing a lot of examples of people who aren't in on the actual talks, or who are guessing about the situation (or "piecing together" as DK put it), and are spouting off rhetoric about how Athens are hyprocrites and/or ebil.

I'd like you all to ask yourselves one question: when drama happens that involves your alliance, do you appreciate people speculating and throwing accusations and generalizations our about your alliance, when they have no solid information about the situation in the first place?

At least some critics in this thread, such as Bama, as actually know what's going on. The rest of you have no business taking pot shots at Sparta or Athens regarding this matter if you don't even have both sides of the story (I'm looking at you, RV).

These people weren't active and did not switch from Athens to Menotah until the time of ss'ed sent pm.

I'm friends with people who aren't very active. How is that proof that they're not friends?

Again, is that proof? I thought we'd moved past CBs based on shaky guesswork.

-Bama

I didn't vote since my choice wasn't up their. I don't believe that a new war will start tomorrow, nor next

week and saying that the new order of peace will keep the peace forever is just amusing. Possibly maybe a couple of months or a year.

Edited by kevin32891

I'm friends with people who aren't very active. How is that proof that they're not friends?

Again, is that proof? I thought we'd moved past CBs based on shaky guesswork.

-Bama

Menotah has admitted to recruiting.

Edited by Rafael Nadal

The next war will be upon us when the Number 666 is given to all who follow the false prophet. When all of planet Bob switch currency to Yin. Ye and the false prophet walks among thee now. Save yourself! The end of the world is near!

:war:

Menotah has admitted to recruiting.

What, you mean sending a ban evader to ambush one of their gov on IRC and getting him to "admit" it? The poor guy didn't look like he had any diplomatic experience at all. It looked to me from the logs that he was saying "we recruited from them accidentally". As in, the message sent to the Athens member. Nowhere did he say that the message was intentional.

-Bama

I'm seeing a lot of examples of people who aren't in on the actual talks, or who are guessing about the situation (or "piecing together" as DK put it), and are spouting off rhetoric about how Athens are hyprocrites and/or ebil.

I'd like you all to ask yourselves one question: when drama happens that involves your alliance, do you appreciate people speculating and throwing accusations and generalizations our about your alliance, when they have no solid information about the situation in the first place?

At least some critics in this thread, such as Bama, as actually know what's going on. The rest of you have no business taking pot shots at Sparta or Athens regarding this matter if you don't even have both sides of the story (I'm looking at you, RV).

Meh, we can only return the favour no?

I thought this situation was solved when Menotah allowed the guy who sent the message (cybermaster (he rerolled after)) to be ZI'd by Athens. Unless this is about someone else also recruiting from Athens?

I thought this situation was solved when Menotah allowed the guy who sent the message (cybermaster (he rerolled after)) to be ZI'd by Athens. Unless this is about someone else also recruiting from Athens?

So someone may have already been placed on a ZI list for this.

They rerolled, and Athens still wants to go to full out war and roll an alliance over it after the alliance already agreed to let the original member who sent the message get zi'd?

Interesting if that's true.

This thread is positively hilarious to read from start to finish right now, especially given that no war broke out last night. That and the attempts to paint certain alliances as "THE SAME EVIL UNDER A NEW NAME DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN" are coming out earlier than expected, which is a delightful treat for all involved.

There's no better barometer for how well you've done your job than the amount of emo pouring out from the folks you've defeated.

So someone may have already been placed on a ZI list for this.

They rerolled, and Athens still wants to go to full out war and roll an alliance over it after the alliance already agreed to let the original member who sent the message get zi'd?

Interesting if that's true.

Lol, what. There is no zi list. You can halt your visions of an absolute wet dream of a situation to call us hypocrites about zi lists.

This thread is positively hilarious to read from start to finish right now, especially given that no war broke out last night. That and the attempts to paint certain alliances as "THE SAME EVIL UNDER A NEW NAME DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN" are coming out earlier than expected, which is a delightful treat for all involved.

There's no better barometer for how well you've done your job than the amount of emo pouring out from the folks you've defeated.

If that's a good barometer, the Hegemony did their job very well.

-Bama

EDIT: Rafa, it was Zikawe who said "ZI list".

Edited by BamaBuc

If that's a good barometer, the Hegemony did their job very well.

-Bama

Where's that ice burn image when you need it?

Seriously, any crisis you might think was averted by posting this doesn't get any more averted by the pointless mudslinging in here. Those directly involved are clearly negotiating and I await the results of that process. Hopefully, the result will be less dramatic than this thread has been.

The truth shall out itself in time. I am sure you guys will all be there when it does. It seems pointless to adjudicate people on things they have not done yet (especially when you're not even sure what those things they might do are). I am merely repeating the rational things that have already been said in this thread but apparently they bear repetition. It's Friday afternoon, how about we drink more beer and less haterade?

I'm done, you can go back to bickering...

EDIT: Rafa, it was Zikawe who said "ZI list".

I just said Menotah was allowing Cybermaster to be attacked and ZI'd if that is what Athens wanted. To be honest I don't know if he got to ZI, I only saw the initial attacks and then noticed that he had rerolled today. Having talked to the government of Menotah I assumed he was at least getting ZI. I hope that clarifies my statement.

I just said Menotah was allowing Cybermaster to be attacked and ZI'd if that is what Athens wanted. To be honest I don't know if he got to ZI, I only saw the initial attacks and then noticed that he had rerolled today. Having talked to the government of Menotah I assumed he was at least getting ZI. I hope that clarifies my statement.

There is no lingering issue with Cybermaster or any reroll of his.

Where's that ice burn image when you need it?

Seriously, any crisis you might think was averted by posting this doesn't get any more averted by the pointless mudslinging in here. Those directly involved are clearly negotiating and I await the results of that process. Hopefully, the result will be less dramatic than this thread has been.

The truth shall out itself in time. I am sure you guys will all be there when it does. It seems pointless to adjudicate people on things they have not done yet (especially when you're not even sure what those things they might do are). I am merely repeating the rational things that have already been said in this thread but apparently they bear repetition. It's Friday afternoon, how about we drink more beer and less haterade?

I'm done, you can go back to bickering...

:iceburn:

We shall see. I doubt anything will happen at this point, for the simple reason that certain parties have shown testicular fortitude that certain other parties did not expect them to show. They wanted a tech raid, not another world war. Regardless... We shall see.

-Bama

It wont be to long after NPO surrenders. Some alliances will try to make a power grab, well some already are, and they will fail pretty badly at it, like they already are. Theyll piss off the wrong people and get attacked. Itll turn into a major war and at the end there will be 2 sides much weaker than the stronger side.

:iceburn:

We shall see. I doubt anything will happen at this point, for the simple reason that certain parties have shown testicular fortitude that certain other parties did not expect them to show. They wanted a tech raid, not another world war. Regardless... We shall see.

-Bama

No, they wanted to punish Menotah for their transgression. However, it's hard to dole out punishment when you end up getting rolled for it, you know, your message kinda gets lost when that happens.

I expect everything to be worked out just fine, agreeable to all involved parties.

No, they wanted to punish Menotah for their transgression. However, it's hard to dole out punishment when you end up getting rolled for it, you know, your message kinda gets lost when that happens.

I expect everything to be worked out just fine, agreeable to all involved parties.

The transgression of one recruiting message being sent? Because it's all guesswork beyond that.

-Bama