Next war?

mhawk

Aggressive wars over minor CB?  

424 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nah we always wanted to go to war against GRAN. Don't think we ever backtracked on what we wanted...it just wasn't feasible. As I've said, we have no desire to attack GRAN at this time. As long as we both stay on seperate sides of the playground I don't forsee us coming anywhere near war again.

1) If we tell an alliance not to recruit from us and their director of recruitment recruits from us...I don't even know where to go with this. It's pretty cut and dry

2) Everytime you say we outnumbered you, I lol IRL. We had a ANS of about 4k and I don't think we had any nukes. I was 5k at the time and I wasn't even hit because I was too small.

3) Cocaine's a hell of a drug?

4) We didn't threaten TOOL at all. Not our style. We brought to their attention some serious concerns about one of their protectorate's actions. I know I wasn't there for most of the discussions, but the parts I was there for were very cordial.

I think its no mystery Athens has wanted our heads for the longest time and the only reason they have yet to do something about is because they simply have no excuse (CB) for a war, Infact by my count Athens has tried to get a CB to roll us 3 times in the past six months, However maybe with the new merger athens will turn over a new leaf, or at least they are behaving slightly more friendly to us.

p.s. mhawk how dare you call us Puny!!! THIS MEANS WAR!!!! :P

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its no mystery Athens has wanted our heads for the longest time and the only reason they have yet to do something about is because they simply have no excuse (CB) for a war, Infact by my count Athens has tried to get a CB to roll us 3 times in the past six months, However maybe with the new merger athens will turn over a new leaf, or at least they are behaving slightly more friendly to us.

p.s. mhawk how dare you call us Puny!!! THIS MEANS WAR!!!! :P

It was two times, get it right. :laugh:

:awesome:

I dont know about that id have to check my sources but I dont think none of it was a laughing matter contrary to what you might think I dont take joy in destroying alliances perhaps you do. anyways I do wish the cool people from DE bring some light to athens or the very least they take a page from their former protectors in MK and start showing some respect for alliances smaller than them.

I dont know about that id have to check my sources but I dont think none of it was a laughing matter contrary to what you might think I dont take joy in destroying alliances perhaps you do. anyways I do wish the cool people from DE bring some light to athens or the very least they take a page from their former protectors in MK and start showing some respect for alliances smaller than them.

We always try to show respect those we come across, but should we feel they wronged us, our allies or our protectorates we can become aggressive and obviously, both those times we did feel you wronged us. But to be very honest, I don't see Athens or GRAN ever being in a situation that could lead to war between our alliances and the " We want you dead" tone in Athens is starting to slip away. Maybe some day we can all sit back and laugh at these times, but no one can be too sure about that. Only time will tell. :P

No you are mistaken, you're forgetting the time you accused a member of ours of pouching from a protectorate of yours (without proof I might add) just to re-check.

1st incident - Athens gets offended by a comment made on irc, although the person making that comment offered an apology later, Athens still threatens to attack with the brave Spartans at their back, but right as the Sparthenian army was marching towards battle a phoenix showed an warned them not to proceed, being very fearful of the mighty bird the army turned around and headed home :P

2nd Incident- Athens claims a member of ours Stonewall14 pouched a member of Dice, Although no concrete evidence was ever provided. Such member then decides to leave GRAN and immediately after leaving Athens attacks that member for no reason.

3rd Incident- Athens claims that we enticed a member of Pyramid government to leave pyramid and create his own alliance thus leading to the eventual disbandment of Pyramid, The only evidence ever provided was irc logs of a former GRAN member claiming we had done this horrible act, however upon further investigation it was discovered that the GRAN member being used as evidence retracted her statement and claimed that the logs of her conversations had been faked, further cross referencing of witnesses also proved that the logs were completely fake. Even after the evidence was proven to be fake, Athens was nice enough to offer us surrender terms which included payments of over 300 tech and 60 mill, Of course we rejected them, upon being told that no terms would be paid Athens returned to their Parthenon to plot their next move against the Evil Armies of GRAN.

This post will probably spark the next Athenian witch hunt against GRAN, so to all our faithfull Fans stay tuned for the next installment of the GRAN Athenian Conflict :P

p.s. although we have had much history, GRAN still retains its policy that we are willing to sit down and iron out our differences with Athens, we offered to do this twice in the past and our offer still stands.

Edited by outworld

No you are mistaken, you're forgetting the time you accused a member of ours of pouching from a protectorate of yours (without proof I might add) just to re-check.

1st incident - Athens gets offended by a comment made on irc, although the person making that comment offered an apology later, Athens still threatens to attack with the brave Spartans at their back, but right as the Sparthenian army was marching towards battle a phoenix showed an warned them not to proceed, being very fearful of the mighty bird the army turned around and headed home :P

2nd Incident- Athens claims a member of ours Stonewall14 pouched a member of Dice, Although no concrete evidence was ever provided. Such member then decides to leave GRAN and immediately after leaving Athens attacks that member for no reason.

3rd Incident- Athens claims that we enticed a member of Pyramid government to leave pyramid and create his own alliance thus leading to the eventual disbandment of Pyramid, The only evidence ever provided was irc logs of a former GRAN member claiming we had done this horrible act, however upon further investigation it was discovered that the GRAN member being used as evidence retracted her statement and claimed that the logs of her conversations had been faked, further cross referencing of witnesses also proved that the logs were completely fake. Even after the evidence was proven to be fake, Athens was nice enough to offer us surrender terms which included payments of over 300 tech and 60 mill, Of course we rejected them, upon being told that no terms would be paid Athens returned to their Parthenon to plot their next move against the Evil Armies of GRAN.

This post will probably spark the next Athenian witch hunt against GRAN, so to all our faithfull Fans stay tuned for the next installment of the GRAN Athenian Conflict :P

p.s. although we have had much history, GRAN still retains its policy that we are willing to sit down and iron out our differences with Athens, we offered to do this twice in the past and our offer still stands.

We want you dead. :ph34r: mwahahahaha

It's late, Ill get someone else to comment on those. ;)

well since you werent there it was only LONDO and some other dude from athens ill let you know how it went.

londo shows up and tells us how much he wants to avoid a war and how he will not stop until he has investigated the situation to the fullest. then an HOUR later londo shows up and says GRAN I now pronouce you GUILTY here are your surrender terms accept them or die. We ofcourse taking rebel virginias advice that athens is a very ballsy alliance sent our banks to peace and got everyone ready for a fight but the spartathenian army refused to march on their winter festivals so we got dressed up for nothing :P (braveheart joke), it was a very bad affair that I hope no alliance has to ever endure that kind of treatment not even you athens. Furthermore LONDO showed absolutely no proof that GRAN had done anything wrong he simply said "I have it and you know you are guilty so just accept the terms or well you know what will happen if you dont", after we proved to him that the logs he was using as evidence were faked he countered by saying he had more evidence that proves our guilt, but he could not show it to us, when asked why he could not show it he simply said "you know your guilty so i dont want to waste my time showing it to you"

but you know jgoods our offer to sit and talk is still on the table think about it.

Edited by germanicus

I think what you were trying to say was,

"I am not allowed to communicate with you except to say I am not allowed to communicate with you"

agentsimons.jpg

This is standard Athenian policy, by tomorrow morning Athenian Sector 7 forces will analyze my post and prepare an official responce which will include big words such as "Defamation, outrageous, preposterous" and it shall all be capped off with the infamous phrase “ I am not a crook”

agentsimons2.jpg

On a serious note, GRAN has also moved on and if athens is willing to do the same I am pretty sure we can both forgive and forget.

Edited by outworld

The fact that almost everyone thinks you deserve to be rolled after that Pyramid stunt should probably tell you something about how you behaved yourselves. Did you actually read the thread or conveniently ignore it and assumed people were on your side. But hey, maybe next time mhawk can get overemo again and try another cheap PR stunt.

I think what you were trying to say was,

"I am not allowed to communicate with you except to say I am not allowed to communicate with you"

This is standard Athenian policy, by tomorrow morning Athenian Sector 7 forces will analyze my post and prepare an official responce which will include big words such as "Defamation, outrageous, preposterous" and it shall all be capped off with the infamous phrase “ I am not a crook”

Big words, big words, what does that remind me of? hmm... Oh God.

Listen, everyone from the ol hegemony loves to say how Athens is the new pacifica but I sincerely doubt Vladimir is going to be taking the reigns and start posting essays on their behalf.

At least I hope.

Big words, big words, what does that remind me of? hmm... Oh God.

Listen, everyone from the ol hegemony loves to say how Athens is the new pacifica but I sincerely doubt Vladimir is going to be taking the reigns and start posting essays on their behalf.

At least I hope.

Speaking of which, when can we expect your next essay?

I'm sure the basic plans for the next big one are already largely in place. I'd say less than 6 months.

There will probably be several small ones in the meantime. Alliances need to replace land and tech that was nuked away. Many of their future enemies have been recovering or faced much less resistance in this war. Some just sort of didn't fight that much and let others on their front take the damage.

That land won't be rebought. The only way to get it back is to steal it, the most effective way to steal it is short, non-nuclear wars with smaller alliances. You'll see alliances making even the most flimsy evidence into CBs to get these organized raids started.

On a serious note, GRAN has also moved on and if athens is willing to do the same I am pretty sure we can both forgive and forget.

If I wanted to bury the hatchet with someone, I wouldn't dig up a 4 day old comment in a thread that had been quiet for 3 days in order to say how rotten I think they'd been in the past.

I have had zero to do with any GRAN situations, and I really don't know you from Bob*, so I have no feeling about you either way. But it's my opinion that if this is how you go about wanting to forgive and forget, you're actually being obstructive to your own cause. I do hope you and Londo and whomever else get past this.

*there are loads of leaders and influential alliances I wouldn't know

The fact that almost everyone thinks you deserve to be rolled after that Pyramid stunt should probably tell you something about how you behaved yourselves. Did you actually read the thread or conveniently ignore it and assumed people were on your side. But hey, maybe next time mhawk can get overemo again and try another cheap PR stunt.

If what your saying is true why didn’t Athens roll us then? After all they had your full support? Fake evidence fell apart after we were able to show concrete evidence that we were in fact innocent. Also stop complaining about mhawks PR stunts, these forums would be very boring if the only threads were simple alliance announcements.

On a side note i just realized that this topic was 3 days old, I had not checked these forums for days up until last night an I was directed here by someone on irc so assumed it was new.

btw on a completly different topic, i just noticed in almost every thread, i see members of Sparta answering questions for Athens and vice versa i see some Athenians answering questions for Sparta, you guys Rock at role play. Just for Lolz who do you think would win if Sparta and Athens faced each other in war?

If what your saying is true why didn’t Athens roll us then? After all they had your full support? Fake evidence fell apart after we were able to show concrete evidence that we were in fact innocent. Also stop complaining about mhawks PR stunts, these forums would be very boring if the only threads were simple alliance announcements.

On a side note i just realized that this topic was 3 days old, I had not checked these forums for days up until last night an I was directed here by someone on irc so assumed it was new.

btw on a completly different topic, i just noticed in almost every thread, i see members of Sparta answering questions for Athens and vice versa i see some Athenians answering questions for Sparta, you guys Rock at role play. Just for Lolz who do you think would win if Sparta and Athens faced each other in war?

Their evidence was real but but not quite a CB. People mainly thought that you should be rolled after all the stunts you've pulled. That particular act in of itself wasn't enough for a CB. Also, your further inflammation of relations probably doesn't help too much I would guess. Athens seems content to leave you alone if you stay on your side of the playground. I would hope that's enough reason for you to do so.

Also, did you expect me to be happy about mhawk making up nonsense about my alliance? Why wouldn't I complain?

EDIT: typo :(

Edited by Matthew Conrad

Their evidence was real but but not quite a CB. People mainly thought that you should be rolled after all the stunts you've pulled. That particular act in of itself wasn't enough for a CB. Also, your further inflammation of relations probably doesn't help too much I would guess. Athens seems content to leave you alone if you stay on your side of the playground. I would hope that's enough reason for you to do so.

Also, did you expect me to be happy about mhawk making up nonsense about my alliance? Why wouldn't I complain?

EDIT: typo :(

How can their evidence be real? I mean really their whole argument was "your responsible for their destruction because when Dan marino asked you for a protectorate you should have turned him down" BTW we actually did turn him down the first time he asked us for protection the evidence of that was shown to londo an at that point they decided to drop the whole thing, but the fact that they even approched us with such a ridiculous accusation is sad enough.

I also find it funny how you say I am inflammating the situation when I have only stated facts on historical events, I wasnt aware retelling the past was considered inflammation these days, infact if you read my post i have not insulted them or compared them to other alliances or called them bullys anywere. Infact this is probably one of the most civil verbal jousts we have ever had with Athens.

As far as mhawk making up nonsence on your alliance, I really dont know anything about your alliance other than what I have seen on these forums so I dont know if they are true or not, since I do not know the full facts I wont make a fool of myself by commenting on it or pretending like I know what happened between you two.

Now to answere the first posters question, the next big war will happen in december :P

Edited by outworld

How can their evidence be real? I mean really their whole argument was "your responsible for their destruction because when Dan marino asked you for a protectorate you should have turned him down" BTW we actually did turn him down the first time he asked us for protection the evidence of that was shown to londo an at that point they decided to drop the whole thing, but the fact that they even approched us with such a ridiculous accusation is sad enough.

I also find it funny how you say I am inflammating the situation when I have only stated facts on historical events, I wasnt aware retelling the past was considered inflammation these days, infact if you read my post i have not insulted them or compared them to other alliances or called them bullys anywere. Infact this is probably one of the most civil verbal jousts we have ever had with Athens.

As far as mhawk making up nonsence on your alliance, I really dont know anything about your alliance other than what I have seen on these forums so I dont know if they are true or not, since I do not know the full facts I wont make a fool of myself by commenting on it or pretending like I know what happened between you two.

Now to answere the first posters question, the next big war will happen in december :P

The fallout of information following the disbandment of Pyramid was enough to show how ridiculous it was. The accusation was poaching of members and it turned out to be at least partially true. I wasn't involved in the private discussions of that matter so I won't say for an absolute fact. However, some of the excuses some of your members came up with were almost enough themselves to point towards poaching.

The fallout of information following the disbandment of Pyramid was enough to show how ridiculous it was. The accusation was poaching of members and it turned out to be at least partially true. I wasn't involved in the private discussions of that matter so I won't say for an absolute fact. However, some of the excuses some of your members came up with were almost enough themselves to point towards poaching.

Yes you mean the FAKE logs provided, those logs were between BM the leader of pyramid and Coldielox an ex-GRAN member, Upon being asked to give more information regarding what she knew , coldie completly denied having any knowledge of any "alledged" pouching not only that she even openly stated that those logs had been tamperred with and alterred to say what BM wanted it say, Now I am not really sure if Athens was behind this or if it was just a lonely rant by BM, however what I critizie of Athens is their initially agreesive stance towards us without even seeking to investigate the situation.

Common Matthew can you at least agree with me Athens is 80% mean :P

Yes you mean the FAKE logs provided, those logs were between BM the leader of pyramid and Coldielox an ex-GRAN member, Upon being asked to give more information regarding what she knew , coldie completly denied having any knowledge of any "alledged" pouching not only that she even openly stated that those logs had been tamperred with and alterred to say what BM wanted it say, Now I am not really sure if Athens was behind this or if it was just a lonely rant by BM, however what I critizie of Athens is their initially agreesive stance towards us without even seeking to investigate the situation.

From what I read in that thread further evidence in the form of statements by people involved with the situation involved emerged to suggest you poaching. I won't really speak on the validity of those logs because it turns into a he said she said situation thatGiven your history with Athens, it's hard to doubt something of the sort didn't happened.

Common Matthew can you at least agree with me Athens is 80% mean :P

Yeah, Londo keep hiding behind his meatshields :P

From what I read in that thread further evidence in the form of statements by people involved with the situation involved emerged to suggest you poaching. I won't really speak on the validity of those logs because it turns into a he said she said situation thatGiven your history with Athens, it's hard to doubt something of the sort didn't happened.

Yeah, Londo keep hiding behind his meatshields :P

See its that kind of mentality we have to get away from, so what just because we have had some history with Athens in the past that doesnt mean we went over there and pouched them not to mention they never actually accused us of pouching if you go back an read that thread you notice they accused us of underminning Pyramids gov.

Now if I were to use your thought process of using the past to dictacte the future then i think I know what Sparta's future will be, they are destined to rule CN forever simply because they will just switch to the biggest side whenever a war comes around, now that is not meant as a stab at Sparta however it is an example of how someone could twist around words and use past history to make a false judgement, I used this example because I have already seen it used before as a stab to sparta.

If we start looking back at every alliance past history im sure you are bound to find some skeletons in the closet however situations should be handeled based on the situation at hand not bringing up events of the past to help support your case.