Ultimatum to MFO

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As JoshuaR is not available right now I would like to make the following statement:

Reparations are being sent to the nation of Schloss Eggenberg to repair any damages caused by Sunny Side King, the actions of Sunny Side King will be dealt with by the MFO Council and Cabinet as we see fit and he will be ordered to do his homework for his upcoming test :P

I would like to apologise to the Cult of Justitia for any inconvenience cause by these unauthorized attacks and extend my hand to the Cult hoping that this has not caused any hard feelings between our respective alliances, hopefully we can get to know each other through more peaceful methods in the future.

o/

MFO agreeing to the reparations and terms presented in option 1, and CoJ having offered them, CoJ accepts the apology of MFO and puts all faith in its sincerity. Though the Cult is young, I have long known MFO and its levelhead and even hand. I am very pleased that this situation was resolved peacefully, and await Sunny Side King's essay and peace offer.

CoJ expresses its sincere thanks to those who showed their support in this dire time.

I don't see why posting this in public is considered wrong, yes it could have been done privately but the only argument against doing it in public is that it could cause bad PR for MFO.

No, the bigger problem is that these kinds of incidents are incredibly common.

I look forward to the days when 10-15 threads are started in Alliance Announcements each day that are substantively identical to the OP.

As JoshuaR is not available right now I would like to make the following statement:

Reparations are being sent to the nation of Schloss Eggenberg to repair any damages caused by Sunny Side King, the actions of Sunny Side King will be dealt with by the MFO Council and Cabinet as we see fit and he will be ordered to do his homework for his upcoming test :P

I would like to apologise to the Cult of Justitia for any inconvenience cause by these unauthorized attacks and extend my hand to the Cult hoping that this has not caused any hard feelings between our respective alliances, hopefully we can get to know each other through more peaceful methods in the future.

o/

And Mister Fix-It Online just proved how wonderful and honorable they really are. Kudos to you MFO!

No, the bigger problem is that these kinds of incidents are incredibly common.

I look forward to the days when 10-15 threads are started in Alliance Announcements each day that are substantively identical to the OP.

I see your point Haflinger, my dear friend, but I rather enjoy this type of thread, than 9000 identical threads about surrender terms where the majority of logical posts are ignored and many instead argue about the meaning of words. This was at the least, a well worded OP.

If every time an alliance were tech raided by some ignorant newb, this forum would be nothing but threads like this for the first 5 pages.

This is simply the case of a small alliance vying for "airtime" with the big boys by making a spectacle of a very common mistake. A mistake that would have undoubtedly been addressed in a satisfactory manner, whether it was discussed privately or in public.

Let's just hope CoJ grows enough that some members make mistakes down the road, and we can make sure to parade around the forums shouting about those mistakes.

While the people of Georgian Bay have had a long and storied history with those of Schloss Eggenberg, our dislike has long since subsided in favour of humorous affection. It has brought tears to many in this fine nation upon hearing of these atrocities committed against innocent Eggenbergers.

Schattenman, you have my support. Sunny Side King has made a terrible mistake, and one way or another he must pay for his crimes against humanity.

The hearts of Eggenbergers are softened at this expression of solidarity and condolence from a former enemy.

If every time an alliance were tech raided by some ignorant newb, this forum would be nothing but threads like this for the first 5 pages.

This is simply the case of a small alliance vying for "airtime" with the big boys by making a spectacle of a very common mistake. A mistake that would have undoubtedly been addressed in a satisfactory manner, whether it was discussed privately or in public.

Let's just hope CoJ grows enough that some members make mistakes down the road, and we can make sure to parade around the forums shouting about those mistakes.

The fact of the matter is that the ruler in question has been on a techraid bumble spree, this was not a one-off. The Cult will not bend its will based on membership count or public opinion. I know the MFO and, yes, I did know that the situation would be handled with extreme class--as it was--and beyond my satisfaction--as it was. As for members making mistakes for you to shout about, it looks like you're already there, though I don't see any mistakes.

Surrender Bandwagon Failure to the Cult and I will put you back in the mainstream.

Edited by Schattenmann

I noticed that, however your status at the time of the war declaration was unaligned, screenshots available if required.

Heh, so you approved the raids and screened my nation's status?

Seems like someone doesn't like me much. I'll take a note of that.

I guess that explains why he did more than just attempt to steal tech.

Edited by Starfox101

Heh, so you approved the raids and screened my nation's status?

Seems like someone doesn't like me much. I'll take a note of that.

I guess that explains why he did more than just attempt to steal tech.

This is how it works:

You were unaligned at the time, you were in his range, he raided you. While I do not actually support tech raids nor do I support his "raiding technique", as per our rules on tech raiding (and you'll probably find many other alliances have the same rules) he was not violating them, in this case at least.

I screened the war screen between SunnySideKing and yourself, not your nation page and I did this 30 minutes ago, not prior to him raiding you. The reason for screening the war screen was in case you asked for evidence concerning the claim that you were unaligned, I can assure it is nothing personal.

And for the record, stating that my alliance needs to "learn a lesson" because a tech raider did something stupid will not make me think very highly of you.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

So the age of Karma means politeness goes out the window? One of their guys raided you having no idea who you were, it's not the end of the world. You don't have to kowtow to anyone. Just go to them and ask for reps. If they refuse and tell you to "do something about it", THEN bring it here.

-Bama

Oh my Justitia.

An announcement here is the same as an approach to MFO in private. Schattenman has made it clear what CoJ demands in reparations for this unwarranted attack (much like he would in private). There is no attempt at a PR smear as far as I can tell, just some diplomacy for the whole world to see.

Speaking of PR smears, nice job trying to paint this as somehow being Karma's fault.

Let's get some more Kleenex for you.

Edited by MaGneT

Nemesis as a treaty partner to CoJ, will support Schattenman wherever he goes.

That being said we hold nothing against MFO and indeed like them.

I personally really like this new kind of diplomacy where things are shown to the people.. its interesting.

The Cult is ever thankful for the support of its first and only allies, Nemesis.

This is how it works:

You were unaligned at the time, you were in his range, he raided you. While I do not actually support tech raids nor do I support his "raiding technique", as per our rules on tech raiding (and you'll probably find many other alliances have the same rules) he was not violating them, in this case at least.

You seem to think that your nation had the right to rob from another because it was not violating your rules. Where does this right come from, sir? And if you don't support tech raiding, why are you in an alliance that does?

And for the record, stating that my alliance needs to "learn a lesson" because a tech raider did something stupid will not make me think very highly of you.

Your alliance needs to learn a lesson.

edit: edited.

Edited by Sal Paradise

Oh my Justitia.

An announcement here is the same as an approach to MFO in private. Schattenman has made it clear what CoJ demands in reparations for this unwarranted attack (much like he would in private). There is no attempt at a PR smear as far as I can tell, just some diplomacy for the whole world to see.

Speaking of PR smears, nice job trying to paint this as somehow being Karma's fault.

Let's get some more Kleenex for you.

Woah there. First of all, a private convo would be much more respectful... MFO hasn't committed some great wrong, it's just a case of one member going on an unsanctioned raid. This happens dozens of times a day and is handled in private. There's really nothing interesting or dramatic about it. Odds are the same thing is going on somewhere right now. Now, if something were to go wrong during negotiations, then maybe we'd have some dramaz.

Easy now. If you'll look closely, he said something along the lines of "this is the Age of Karma, things are done in public", and I replied with "the Age of Karma shouldn't mean throwing courtesy out the window." I don't know where you got the idea I was blaming Karma. How does that even make sense? Karma is unrelated to this dispute.

-Bama

Ooooook, everybody, don't get all crazy about MFO. Their guy has stepped over the line (I can totally see him not knowing who he was attacking and I can also find it hard to believe he attacked me and Starfox by coincedence), I pushed the envelope as far as how everyone expects things to be done, and MFO has been very accomodating, friendly, and courteous as they always are. I had some good clean fun, MFO had fun, and I hope you can all have fun without getting rowdy, too.

But seriously, don't raid the Cult of Justitia. I will not PM for peace.

You seem to think that your nation had the right to rob from another because it was not violating your rules. Where does this right come from, sir? And if you don't support tech raiding, why are you in an alliance that does?

Your alliance needs to learn a lesson.

As far as we are concerned, if the nation in question is unaligned and not residing on the Black Team raiding is authorized, however should the nation retaliate then we will not support the raider militarily or financially. Raiders raid at their own risk.

It is our policy, so it our sovereign right to do so. While you or I may not agree with the raiding of unaligned nations, some of our nations do not have a problem with it. The reasons for me residing in MFO are my business, because I do not agree with one policy does not mean I should rule out the fact that there are good people here and it is a good strong and friendly alliance which I am proud to be a part of.

It is similar to NSO and recruiting from other alliances, if they believe it is right, they are free to do so.

And all this talk of lessons, what kind of lesson?

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

Why?

It makes this game more interesting when things are out here in the open.

If every tech raid mishap was dealt with here, they'd have to create a new subforum. These things are very routine.

-Bama

It is our policy, so it our sovereign right to do so.

Policies do not confer sovereign rights.

While you or I may not agree with the raiding of unaligned nations, some of our nations do not have a problem with it.

Irrelevant.

The reasons for me residing in MFO are my business, because I do not agree with one policy does not mean I should rule out the fact that there are good people here and it is a good strong and friendly alliance which I am proud to be a part of.

There may very well be good people in MFO. Good people that sit on their hands while their alliance mates engage in robbery.

It is similar to NSO and recruiting from other alliances, if they believe it is right, they are free to do so.

Except that it's not similar to it at all. Believing something is right does not mean you are free to do it. If what you are doing is in fact wrong, no amount of believing is going to change that.

And all this talk of lessons, what kind of lesson?

One in common sense, it would seem.