The GMs Court

hawk11

So are we now allowed to discuss in this thread or what? Originally we always had the actual discussion in other threads and did important things like Spy & Nuke rolls in this thread... I would suggest making a new thread to discuss cruise missiles, if the GM's determine as a group if its a big enough of an issue to warrant such a thing, and leave this thread to its original purposes.

How about "GM's be GM's and vote as a group to allow certain people to use them, since there should be a limited amount of trusted people using such deadly weapons anyway, preferable for the greater good of good roleplay. This would limit abuse, and the GM's would withhold the right to, as a group, remove these restrictions," hmm? Just my quick suggestion.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='iamthey' date='05 April 2010 - 02:27 AM' timestamp='1270452453' post='2248854']
When I suggested it I was just thinking...

Third World Tech: Can't use CM's as any sort of WMD (EMP/ or Bio/Chemical/radiological weapon with any wide scale of effect)
Modern Tech + First world Tech: Can utilize CM's as WMD's.

Or no NRL = no non-nuclear WMD's

Or no WRC = no non-nuclear WMD's

Something fairly simple which preserves the open nature of the present system without too many confusing formulas or rules. And of course the design of the weapons themselves would be tied to tech so you couldn't use a modern thermobaric weapon with third world tech.
[/quote]

Yeah yeah, pick on the small guys. :P

[quote name='iamthey' date='05 April 2010 - 03:27 AM' timestamp='1270452453' post='2248854']
When I suggested it I was just thinking...

Third World Tech: Can't use CM's as any sort of WMD (EMP/ or Bio/Chemical/radiological weapon with any wide scale of effect)
Modern Tech + First world Tech: Can utilize CM's as WMD's.

Or no NRL = no non-nuclear WMD's

Or no WRC = no non-nuclear WMD's

Something fairly simple which preserves the open nature of the present system without too many confusing formulas or rules. And of course the design of the weapons themselves would be tied to tech so you couldn't use a modern thermobaric weapon with third world tech.
[/quote]

If third world tech symbolizes Cold War Era technology, then CM's should most definitely reflect some type of heavy weapon system. Themobaric munitions, Daisy Cutters, Chem, etc etc were all maintained during that period. This WAS the era where people feared the world would be destroyed by man.

[quote name='Executive Minister' date='05 April 2010 - 10:24 AM' timestamp='1270488247' post='2249271']
If third world tech symbolizes Cold War Era technology, then CM's should most definitely reflect some type of heavy weapon system. Themobaric munitions, Daisy Cutters, Chem, etc etc were all maintained during that period. This WAS the era where people feared the world would be destroyed by man.
[/quote]
Guys, there is a thread dedicated to discussing this now...down below.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' date='13 April 2010 - 08:12 PM' timestamp='1271214749' post='2259623']
Can i have some spy rolls for CNRP please?

I want to send an SR-71 over Anchorage in Tahoe, but i would like to know the odds on it succeeding before I commit.

Cheers
[/quote]
They need your IG odds first, Zoot.

Most of us are slowing down and waiting for a response. Many of the posts have just been opening moves.

Edited by iamthey

I'd like to get a GM ruling on what I feel is KingChris metagaming. He posted that he wanted to betray Tahoe, I passed the message on to their side because I could (and I had gotten the message IC) and he suddenly backtracks for no real reason. I call metagaming on this because there was no reason to do it until I sent the message, which he would have had no idea about.

He OOC stated that there would be an explanation. An explanation implies that something happened that needs explaining. This further implies that when we were reading the post we were supposed to take what it said with a grain of salt. You are ignoring this - and this is a critical piece of the post, because it obviously shows that he had something planned. He never stated IC that his government sent it. He never said that it was sent by his government or by his leaders. [b]You[/b] are assuming that his leaders sent it, whereas he never specifically RP'd that. He never RP'd any inconsistencies in his IC correspondences.

[quote name='Yawoo' date='15 April 2010 - 04:59 AM' timestamp='1271303931' post='2260896']
Requesting a roll on the sabotaging of Mississippi's naval defenses in the FSA/FRA, under Germanic Republic's command.
[/quote]

1-10: Failure
11-100: Success

Number Rolled: 79 (Success)

[IMG]http://imgur.com/SKruV.png[/IMG]

(For Sargun's satisfaction random.org was used and the rolls were drawn from a pool of numbers 1-100)

[quote name='Californian' date='15 April 2010 - 08:26 AM' timestamp='1271316344' post='2261091']
Need some lovin':

Got 50% on JEDCJT to hack and knock out satellites.
[/quote]

1-50: Failure
51-100: Success

Roll Result: 82 (Success)

[IMG]http://imgur.com/XuQV3.png[/IMG]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/Thing197.png[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/Thing198.png[/img]