An Announcement from FIRE

9ta1vt1cfn7w8x3kict5.png

The Post-Cartergate Government of FIRE and Ragnarok lack the communication, trust and same visions we desire to call ourselves allies, we believe it is in the best interest of both alliances to cancel the "FIRE RoK Accords" MDoAP. We did come to this decision mutually and diplomatically. FIRE would like to wish RoK the best of luck in all of their future ventures, and hope that one day we may re-consider this decision.

Article VII: Cancellation

It is the hope of both signatories that this pact may last forever, or until the bond it represents grows to the point where an upgrade is merited. Given the uncertainties of the future, however, it is recognized that should any of the above Articles be violated, or should some major irreparable disagreement arise, that this pact maybe canceled after 5 days notice.

After discussion on June 30th, effective immediately "The Fire RoK Accords" MDoAP is void.

Edited by Shadow King

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, well this is definitely an interesting tinfoil moment.

Not really. Given the ineptitude shown by Carter and others in FIRE, as well as the general instability of the thier alliance this cancelation was inevitable and not unexpected. Not to mention a good move by Ragnarok.

Not really. Given the ineptitude shown by Carter and others in FIRE, as well as the general instability of the thier alliance this cancelation was inevitable and not unexpected. Not to mention a good move by FIRE and RoK.

Fixed. Both alliances decided to cancel on a mutual level.

Edited by Nintenderek

Yeah, I'm sure that's exactly how it happened.

I don't give a damn if you believe me or not. I was there. You weren't. Get over yourself.

Also, if we weren't at least mutually deciding to cancel it, we wouldn't be announcing it now, would we?

Edited by Nintenderek

Yeah, I'm sure that's exactly how it happened.

Actually if you'd like to know exactly how it happened I could supply you with logs sometime, with the permission of RoK. And not the ones that occured at night but the afternoon ones :)

We notified RoK that the communication wasn't there, on both of our parts, and that the treaty was no longer valid. We're not a cliche alliance, we don't do treaties for political purposes. (which is another major reason why we wanted the treaty cancelled for the time-being on our end. Our alliances communications between each other were almost non-existent. Perhaps Carter and their communications were okay, but FIRE as a whole and RoK's communications were non-existent. In my opinion, they're not the only ones at fault we also share the blame. This cancellation was best for both of us, hopefully in the future a relationship between this new FIRE and RoK may form. Until then, as I've stated many times, I and the rest of FIRE wish RoK the very best of luck) So knowing what type of people we are is essential before posting. :) Thanks!

EDIT:

Also Derek, you silly rabbit :P You weren't there.

EDIT 2:

My bad, you weren't there for the afternoon talks but you were for the night talks. :P <3

Edited by Incitatus

I don't give a damn if you believe me or not. I was there. You weren't. Get over yourself.

Also, if we weren't at least mutually deciding to cancel it, we wouldn't be announcing it now, would we?

No you weren't.

Actually if you'd like to know exactly how it happened I could supply you with logs sometime, with the permission of RoK. And not the ones that occured at night but the afternoon ones :)

We notified RoK that the communication wasn't there, on both of our parts, and that the treaty was no longer valid. We're not a cliche alliance, we don't do treaties for political purposes. (which is another major reason why we wanted the treaty cancelled for the time-being on our end. Our alliances communications between each other were almost non-existent. Perhaps Carter and their communications were okay, but FIRE as a whole and RoK's communications were non-existent. In my opinion, they're not the only ones at fault we also share the blame. This cancellation was best for both of us, hopefully in the future a relationship between this new FIRE and RoK may form. Until then, as I've stated many times, I and the rest of FIRE wish RoK the very best of luck) So knowing what type of people we are is essential before posting. :) Thanks!

EDIT:

EDIT 2:

My bad, you weren't there for the afternoon talks but you were for the night talks. :P <3

Don't spin dude. Our communication was fine before you couped Carter then decided to troll our gov't members when we talked to you. ;)

EDIT:

EDIT 2:

Certain other worldly issues have kept me out of the loop during the afternoon the last week or so, and all weekend, however I was there for some of the discussions.

No you weren't.

Don't spin dude. Our communication was fine before you couped Carter then decided to troll our gov't members when we talked to you. ;)

I don't remember any trolling, however from what I've seen of logs and such, it looked more like RoK trying to decide FIRE internal affairs, which is something we at FIRE can just not put up with.

Edited by Nintenderek

I don't remember any trolling, however from what I've seen of logs and such, it looked more like RoK trying to decide FIRE internal affairs, which is something we at FIRE can just not put up with.

Asking upon what legal grounds FIRE had to coup Carter is deciding internal affiars?

That's new to me.

Asking upon what legal grounds FIRE had to coup Carter is deciding internal affiars?

That's new to me.

We both know you didn't just ask on what legal grounds we had. Even before the coup, certain members of ex-members of RoK (I'm not sure if they were an ex-member at the time) were trying to get involved where they don't belong. While, I will admit certain members of FIRE government have been known to over react to such questions, taking them the wrong way, I do not believe that was the case this time.

Well, seeing as all of the government in FIRE remains other then Carter...and they didn't think that that is/was the case....again. Maybe communication was fine between RoK and Carter..but between RoK and FIRE as a whole....not where two MDoAP partners should be..or even close. Also the word "trolling" is used a lot these days but I seriously doubt it "trolling"'s definition is "being frankly honest and straight forward". Again I can go get the logs, as I don't remember you being in that meeting perhaps your government members picked and chose parts of the logs. However, I can assure you that "trolling" or other words "edging someone on" or "picking on/being mean to/disrespectful towards" never happened on FIRE's behalf. If saying anything other then "You're my best friend, sorry for all of the miscommunication" is "trolling", then I wish more people "trolled".

Well, seeing as all of the government in FIRE remains other then Carter...and they didn't think that that is/was the case....again. Maybe communication was fine between RoK and Carter..but between RoK and FIRE as a whole....not where two MDoAP partners should be..or even close. Also the word "trolling" is used a lot these days but I seriously doubt it "trolling"'s definition is "being frankly honest and straight forward". Again I can go get the logs, as I don't remember you being in that meeting perhaps your government members picked and chose parts of the logs. However, I can assure you that "trolling" or other words "edging someone on" or "picking on/being mean to/disrespectful towards" never happened on FIRE's behalf. If saying anything other then "You're my best friend, sorry for all of the miscommunication" is "trolling", then I wish more people "trolled".

No you do not do that, you do not get to call a government member of you ally [as we were at that time] an Asshat while both alliances are figuring out whether the treaty is to be continued. Also looking at the logs it is evident that there was a lot of paranoia and projection going on.

All that talk of Ragnarok is 'too wound up with power' or is a 'bigger alliance' and for some reason does not put as much into the treaty as the other partner i.e. FIRE, seems like too much hot air to me. The simple fact is that we were in there to figure out whether FIRE after the coup was a stable group that we could work with. Carter is one individual and NOT the embodiment of FIRE to us. Frankly i was looking forward to working with Nitenderek.

Of course it has ended and we shall simply all go our own way.

We both know you didn't just ask on what legal grounds we had. Even before the coup, certain members of ex-members of RoK (I'm not sure if they were an ex-member at the time) were trying to get involved where they don't belong. While, I will admit certain members of FIRE government have been known to over react to such questions, taking them the wrong way, I do not believe that was the case this time.

Well... let's see... we asked who the head honcho is, what position you were, a tl;dr, what legal basis you guys had for the coup, why Incitatus suddenly left in a huff, and what your plans with BTA are.

In that order. You sure you wanna go down that rabbit hole?

Oh really? I guess you never said Cable was acting like an asshat when he simply said he didn't appreciate you log dumping him via query with no warning. I suppose going off and accusing us of wanting to attack you was so nice and straight forward.

As far as communications go, maybe you should let your other Tri's know that you wanna cancel a treaty before you say something to a Rok gov't member. ;)

No you do not do that, you do not get to call a government member of you ally [as we were at that time] an Asshat while both alliances are figuring out whether the treaty is to be continued. Also looking at the logs it is evident that there was a lot of paranoia and projection going on.

All that talk of Ragnarok is 'too wound up with power' or is a 'bigger alliance' and for some reason does not put as much into the treaty as the other partner i.e. FIRE, seems like too much hot air to me. The simple fact is that we were in there to figure out whether FIRE after the coup was a stable group that we could work with. Carter is one individual and NOT the embodiment of FIRE to us. Frankly i was looking forward to working with Nitenderek.

Of course it has ended and we shall simply all go our own way.

While I do believe you when you say that a member of FIRE called a member of your alliance an "asshat" (as it wouldn't surprise me with certain members in FIRE) I have not seen logs of such. Could you please send those logs to me in a private message, so it can be addressed accordingly?

Oh really? I guess you never said Cable was acting like an asshat when he simply said he didn't appreciate you log dumping him via query with no warning. I suppose going off and accusing us of wanting to attack you was so nice and straight forward.

As far as communications go, maybe you should let your other Tri's know that you wanna cancel a treaty before you say something to a Rok gov't member. ;)

In general, yes he was acting like an asshat. Perhaps that was uncalled for and I gues you could qualify that as trolling :P Grood point ;) However, I stand by what I said, he was acting like an asshat. It wasn't because of the log dump thing, it was his whole attitude in the meeting. And RoK didn't come in with exactly a "how can we fix this", you guys were being very pushy. I've dealt with alliances that have done that before (IE: NPO) and your government members wasn't treating FIRE with the respect that it deserved as a sovereign alliance. They came in with the "we're all big and stuff" attitude. As for contacting my fellow Tri's, we talked about it previously and they weren't around to inform to when I told the RoK government member about cancelling the treaty. :)

(OOC: I am impressed with how you're responding to this tho, this is the fun-type of debates that CN needs and lacks because of all of the "congrats" posts and all of the cliche poop :P lol we need more controversy stuff)