An apology to the GPA

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, the whole of the world is now under your protection?

The Toilet Bowl lives on, apparently.

Next thing you know, Citadels gonna post screenshots of NSO "spying" on their forums, quickly followed by a wonderful glossing over of any apparent hypocrisy in comparison to the NPO's reign, and then a demand for Ivan to post a pre-written apology that meets the approval of 18 alliances getting ready to attack NSO.

I wish that was total hyperbole, but with a few changing of names and alliances, you've more or less got the terms drama tl;dr'd right there.

Edit: Clarification

Edited by Chron

Next thing you know, Citadels gonna post screenshots of NSO "spying" on their forums, quickly followed by a wonderful glossing over of any apparent hypocrisy in comparison to the NPO's reign, and then a demand for Ivan to post a pre-written apology that meets the approval of 18 alliances getting ready to attack NSO.

I wish that was total hyperbole, but with a few changing of names and alliances, you've more or less got the terms drama tl;dr'd right there.

Funny how you flipped the current situation, this isn't about Citadel this is about NSO and their recruitment from the ranks of a neutral alliance and how'd you guess Citadels next move <_<

Edited by Emperor Brutus

Even more amusing is that the biggest deal about the messages from NSO were the insulting aspects of them. Is that more insulting then Hellsangel calling these neutrals "defenseless alliances"?

I bet they take that as an extreme insult as they seem to have handled themselves very well in defense of those very minor insulting attacks done through mail.

Funny how you flipped the current situation, this isn't about Citadel this is about NSO and their recruitment from the ranks of a neutral alliance and how'd you guess Citadels next move <_<

Well, it was about that but then those neutral alliances all accepted the apology of NSO and this all was worked out. Unfortunately some of your blocmates and others decided to try and continue to roast NSO as you saw fit to use this opportunity. One of your blocmates made the mistake of saying it was your place to defend those poor defenseless neutrals as you are obviously now the police of the New World Order. We did not have to flip a damn thing, you guys did that with your overpursuit of this situation.

Edited by HeinousOne

Citadel members made it about Citadel, considering the OP and first two pages actually took care of the issue between NSO and the messaged alliances. Everything after that has been the braying of Third Parties, and the empty posturing of would-be World Police in Citadel.

HeinousOne, what you fail to realise is that the new top bloc needs an evil foe in order to promote itself as the bastion of all that is good in the Cyberverse.

Some in Citadel are desperate for Frostbite to be that evil foe and will try and manufacture it in anyway they can. This is why they continue to snipe when the alliances involved here have resolved the incident and moved on.

To those in Citadel angling for this scenario, look elsewhere for your evil foe. Frostbite was not formed to become the top bloc, we are four alliances most of which have shared treaties for sometime. Our forming as a bloc was to formalise the mutual defence links between our alliances rather than sign a myriad of treaties amongst ourselves.

We have no intention of pushing any agenda nor do we have any desire to provoke conflict in the Cyberverse. We will defend ourselves from aggression and innuendo. This recruitment incident is a minor one that has been resolved so, rather than keep trying to pick at the scabs, move on. Your evil foe is in another castle.

HeinousOne, what you fail to realise is that the new top bloc needs an evil foe in order to promote itself as the bastion of all that is good in the Cyberverse.

Some in Citadel are desperate for Frostbite to be that evil foe and will try and manufacture it in anyway they can. This is why they continue to snipe when the alliances involved here have resolved the incident and moved on.

To those in Citadel angling for this scenario, look elsewhere for your evil foe. Frostbite was not formed to become the top bloc, we are four alliances most of which have shared treaties for sometime. Our forming as a bloc was to formalise the mutual defence links between our alliances rather than sign a myriad of treaties amongst ourselves.

We have no intention of pushing any agenda nor do we have any desire to provoke conflict in the Cyberverse. We will defend ourselves from aggression and innuendo. This recruitment incident is a minor one that has been resolved so, rather than keep trying to pick at the scabs, move on. Your evil foe is in another castle.

Hopefully after reading this, they'll look elsewhere for their manufactured foe.

So what I got was you are sorry for the wording of the message but not sorry for recruiting form a sovereign alliance :rolleyes:

Ivan apologised for the tone and wording of the message and pledged not to recruit from alliances again. I'm not sure what more you require.

Some in Citadel are desperate for Frostbite to be that evil foe and will try and manufacture it in anyway they can.

Really...I think this is a bit too much. Nobody is manufacturing anything here, the problem is that Ivan did something utterly stupid, and he still believes himself to be in the right. This was not manufactured by anyone.

I'm pretty sure HellAngel was referring to the defense of Aqua rather than Citadel policy on the whole. He's welcome to correct me if I'm wrong, though.

So, TDO is the defenseless alliance?

Really...I think this is a bit too much. Nobody is manufacturing anything here, the problem is that Ivan did something utterly stupid, and he still believes himself to be in the right. This was not manufactured by anyone.

Yet, those aggrieved have accepted such. Why dont you come forward with why you think it should still be pursued?

They are continuing to push this incident even though it has been resolved for all involved. I see no reason for it, nor the frequent mentioning of Frostbite other than to create an illusion of Frostbite being their evil foe.

I'm pretty sure HellAngel was referring to the defense of Aqua rather than Citadel policy on the whole. He's welcome to correct me if I'm wrong, though.

When did GPA move to aqua?

Apologies were accepted.

In fact, the entire issue was resolved by the Second Page of this thread, even with TDO over in the 60+ page thread.

Pretty much everything after that has been manufactured by folks eager to drag this out for whatever reason (although Tyga's explanation is probably an accurate deduction of the obvious)

And i expect their allies to punch some sense into them. If they continue this path, FB is in for an "interesting" time.
I believe you are wrong, and I think I don't need Hellangel to reiterate his irrelevant stance again for the sake of clarification.

He has made an abundance of posturings in this subject to make his stance abundantly clear.

When did GPA move to aqua?

Probably referring to TDO rather than GPA, since the other thread is deadish.

You can always ask for clarification from him, though. I'm just speaking from what I read into his statements.

You mean we prevent defenseless alliances from getting bullied?

Yeah what the hell were we thinking...

You can always ask for clarification from him, though. I'm just speaking from what I read into his statements.

See the s? I boldened it for you. I doubt we will see a clarification from him on this as it was a very poor decision to make that statement, much like it was a poor decision of NSO to send those messages. That is done and over though and this has turned into a different issue entirely.

Well, this topic concerns GPA, I'm sure any aqua issues could be raised in the TDO topic. As far as I'm aware, the issue with both GPA and TDO has been resolved for a while, yet the innuendo and rhetoric continues unabated.

The issue has been resolved to the satisfaction of the parties involved, aqua team or otherwise, so the continued needling is unnecessary and rather transparent.

Yet, those aggrieved have accepted such. Why dont you come forward with why you think it should still be pursued?
They are continuing to push this incident even though it has been resolved for all involved. I see no reason for it, nor the frequent mentioning of Frostbite other than to create an illusion of Frostbite being their evil foe.
Apologies were accepted.

In fact, the entire issue was resolved by the Second Page of this thread, even with TDO over in the 60+ page thread.

Pretty much everything after that has been manufactured by folks eager to drag this out for whatever reason (although Tyga's explanation is probably an accurate deduction of the obvious)

Although I haven't been following this thread religiously, in my opinion you are either missing the point or misinterpreting said comments.

Yes, the specific issue was "resolved", but there is the larger problem of the fact that Ivan did this and that he thought it was a good idea. His motives are being put into question, and furthermore, people disapprove of the fact that he thinks it's okey to recruit from other alliances. Now, all of these things supersede the specific issue, which is why they are still being discussed.

The reason Frostbite was mentioned, I can reasonably assume, is because you lot appear to support Ivan, and his unjust actions/thoughts.

Although I haven't been following this thread religiously, in my opinion you are either missing the point or misinterpreting said comments.

Yes, the specific issue was "resolved", but there is the larger problem of the fact that Ivan did this and that he thought it was a good idea. His motives are being put into question, and furthermore, people disapprove of the fact that he thinks it's okey to recruit from other alliances. Now, all of these things supersede the specific issue, which is why they are still being discussed.

The reason Frostbite was mentioned, I can reasonably assume, is because you lot appear to support Ivan, and his unjust actions/thoughts.

As far as Frostbite is concerned and the lot of us I am able to speak for, meaning myself, I am able to say that it was a very stupid thing to do but they are my allies and I do think they have learned to not do such a stupid thing. They may think it is silly that everyone is so up in arms about such but that is their right. All you have the right to push for is for them to not do the act, but you wish to police their thoughts as well. That is where you come off looking much more silly then them.

The HellAngel quote Chron posted was fairly clear to me.

lol

So, Ivan does something he thought was a good idea, people cry foul, he apologises as per the aggrieved parties' request and pledges not to do it again and you think there is still more to discuss about this matter? Ivan is entitled to his opinion whether you agree with it or not. Regardless, I do not see it as a valid reason to make thinly-veiled threats against Frostbite.

Really? Please post the quotes from myself stating my support for recruitment from other alliances. Grub said he didn't agree with it either but felt the reaction was over-the-top. You are welcome to assume, it does not make your assumptions correct.

Edited by Tygaland

I realize people disagree with recruiting from other alliances. Some people don't like speeding and some don't like when governments raise taxes. If you want to bring up discussions about minor points of morality, that fine. We'll discuss them with you. Just don't try to make the discussion into something it shouldn't be. Like for example, a huge drama fest.

I realize people disagree with recruiting from other alliances. Some people don't like speeding and some don't like when governments raise taxes. If you want to bring up discussions about minor points of morality, that fine. We'll discuss them with you. Just don't try to make the discussion into something it shouldn't be. Like for example, a huge drama fest.

Exactly. Feel free to discuss the rights and wrongs of recruitment from other alliances. Just leave the posturing over Frostbite or anyone else out of it.