An apology to the GPA

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vox Populi is like the ex girlfriend that you thought was so amazing at the time but you look back and you realize it wasn't really that amazing at all and that your memory of her was much more intriguing than the actual girl.

That said, I don't really see anything wrong with open recruitment of any alliance.

If the parties to the disagreement are satisfied then it's settled and the rest of this is just bored people trying to stir things up I guess.

I am not a party to the dispute, I'm just putting in my two cents because I did take the time to read this whole crazy thing so I might as well.

If I were a party to the dispute I would be very disappointed in this apology. I am not sure I would have accepted it. However as I have no iron in this fire that is only an observation, nothing more.

Apologizing for the wording and stating you won't do it again is one thing, apologizing for the sending of the message in the first place is another.
So what I got was you are sorry for the wording of the message but not sorry for recruiting form a sovereign alliance :rolleyes:
I would call that an apology for the wording of the recruitment message. Not an apology for the act itself.

But I'm just speculating. :rolleyes:

This is exactly what I was thinking. The OP very specifically apologises for the wording of the message, but does not apologise for attempting to actually recruit from the GPA.

Ivan apologized for the wording of the message, and he said he would only recruit from alliances that recruit from NSO. What else is there to do?

What else is there to do? I would have thought that's a no-brainer... Apologising for recruiting would have been the best place to start.

This is exactly what I was thinking. The OP very specifically apologises for the wording of the message, but does not apologise for attempting to actually recruit from the GPA.

What else is there to do? I would have thought that's a no-brainer... Apologising for recruiting would have been the best place to start.

As long as he doesn't do it again I would think that is all anyone would require. Yet, you have to try to change his way of thinking too? What the hell, do the thought police hand out a nice shiny badge when you join them or something?

There is nothing wrong with sending recruitment messages.

There is nothing wrong with sending recruitment messages.

Actively recruiting people in other alliance is frowned upon.

Perhaps NSO should send out recruitment PMs to every member of alliances such as TOP, Gremlins and the like, and see if there's anything wrong with that... Also, if there is nothing wrong with it, why would the NSO stop?

Actively recruiting people in other alliance is frowned upon.

That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the act, though.

Perhaps NSO should send out recruitment PMs to every member of alliances such as TOP, Gremlins and the like, and see if there's anything wrong with that...

We find nothing wrong sending or receiving recruitment messages. If any of those alliances send us recruitment messages, we will return the favor.

Also, if there is nothing wrong with it, why would the NSO stop?

We were politely asked to stop. We Sith are nothing if not polite.

That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the act, though.

We find nothing wrong sending or receiving recruitment messages. If any of those alliances send us recruitment messages, we will return the favor.

If there was nothing wrong with it, it wouldn't be frowned upon.

Now you're implying that another alliance sending your members recruitment messages is a prerequisite for yours to return the "favor". Did the neutral alliances you tried to recruit from, try to recruit from you first?

If there was nothing wrong with it, it wouldn't be frowned upon.

Well, I can find no holes in that logic.......

Now you're implying that another alliance sending your members recruitment messages is a prerequisite for yours to return the "favor". Did the neutral alliances you tried to recruit from, try to recruit from you first?

No they didn't. I take it you haven't been paying attention the past few days?

No they didn't. I take it you haven't been paying attention the past few days?

No need to in this situation. It's clear that the NSO was simply taking advantage of these neutral alliances. It was a calculated move on NSO's part, and the fact that you got away with it without even apologising says as much about the NSO as it does the GPA. ;)

No need to in this situation. It's clear that the NSO was simply taking advantage of these neutral alliances. It was a calculated move on NSO's part, and the fact that you got away with it without even apologising says as much about the NSO as it does the GPA. ;)

I agree.