Why Karma made me a Pacifican

Brutal Psychoticus

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is some mindless hailing:

As for the OWF sucks I have to admit to having made a mistake here, I was under the impression that SithPie was an NPO member. On further inspection it appears that this is not the case, and as such I apologise for accusing you of hating on OWF in this thread (although you have done it in others, so I'm not totally making things up).

Although I would argue such responses can't really be considered 'mindless', I'll just leave it at that and let this thread continue on its merry way. Wherever that may be.

Another "I love Pacifica and you Karma people are mean ABLOO ABLOO" thread. Sigh.

They have been trying hard lately, but this one isn't even legit. He says we made him Pacifican, but he's been there since before the war, and I don't remember a "Karma draft"

Yes I am in peace mode. It's the first time since the war started. I will be back in the fight.

Yes, I joined NPO to preserve my pixels and what happened is that I lost them all. I could have left to avoid this but I did not. Prior to this war I had a casualty count of 2000 something. Now it stands over 1/2 million. I have not seen a single aggressor of my nation with anything even close to that.

I applaud those who respect my position while disagreeing with the position of my alliance.

I really expected Londo to have a more thought out response than "But I see you are in peace mode" seeing as he has been speaking on behalf of Karma at times.

I probably could have found a good community other than NPO but as an uneducated player I came here. Now that I am somewhat educated I don't see reason to abandon those who supported me while my nation was torn to shreds via nukes and attacks.

My ending line is not a veiled threat but more of a reminder that Karma is creating new hatred through their flames and actions rather that bringing about a "New era on BOB" as I have seen many posts refer to. Newer player such as my self are seeing Karma as the "Evil" alliance in all of this and not seeing any civility. Why would someone coming into the fold of CN and reading what they are reading want to join with such haters and flamers?

Just saying....

They have been trying hard lately, but this one isn't even legit. He says we made him Pacifican, but he's been there since before the war, and I don't remember a "Karma draft"

A Karma draft? That's a good one :D

Oh God, can you imagine it...

I can honestly say that I didn't know the true reason for the start of the war...

And there's your problem

I probably could have found a good community other than NPO but as an uneducated player I came here. Now that I am somewhat educated I don't see reason to abandon those who supported me while my nation was torn to shreds via nukes and attacks.

It's sad, but this is what Pacifica really does. They feed their meatshields with mass-produced propaganda until they see the world through rose-tinted glasses.

My ending line is not a veiled threat but more of a reminder that Karma is creating new hatred through their flames and actions rather that bringing about a "New era on BOB" as I have seen many posts refer to. Newer player such as my self are seeing Karma as the "Evil" alliance in all of this and not seeing any civility. Why would someone coming into the fold of CN and reading what they are reading want to join with such haters and flamers?

You're wrong in that this war is not bringing a new level of prosperity to Bob. In the past, with everyone living under the hooves of the NPO, free speech was a ridiculous concept, and no alliance could ever be created with the hopes of being the #1 alliance, or even powerful for that matter; NPO was the one, true, and certain power that existed.

Now, in this Age of Parity, alliances will all be gunning for political gain, to put down those that stand in their way and to fight wars if it serves them right. They'll also be able to forge relationships with other alliances openly and freely, and hopefully we'll see more alliances aiming for true friendship rather than just making another MDP to keep up with NPO's treaty web.

Edited by Stonewall Jaxon

Yes I am in peace mode. It's the first time since the war started. I will be back in the fight.

Yes, I joined NPO to preserve my pixels and what happened is that I lost them all. I could have left to avoid this but I did not. Prior to this war I had a casualty count of 2000 something. Now it stands over 1/2 million. I have not seen a single aggressor of my nation with anything even close to that.

Probably because you can't dish it back out. My casualty count stood still in my 6 wars with NPO, but skyrocketed when I hit TPF nations.

I applaud those who respect my position while disagreeing with the position of my alliance.

I really expected Londo to have a more thought out response than "But I see you are in peace mode" seeing as he has been speaking on behalf of Karma at times.

To be honest Londo didn't mean disrespect, he probably meant to provoke thought and discussion as to WHY you were in peace mode. A simple refuel is fine. Don't stay too long, or Londo will get bored.

As an uneducated player once, I wanted to be different and joined Aurora Borealis. It was a good place, but didn't suit my persona. I left after a while.

Just saying....

The ending line is not a reminder that Karma is creating hatred through flaming, it's a pretty clear threat. Most Karma members try to stay respectful of the NPO but grow tired of how the NPO treats them. I've only been playing for just under a year now, but from friends telling me about past wars and reading past wiki/forum posts, I can see that the NPO only tries to maintain total dignity when preparing for war.

You appear to be in peacemode.

From the said nations NS-efficiency and death count it is obvious that he has fought the war until now, so I fail to see why you should brought it up. Cycling in PM is a common technique, or at least I think so.

A loyal member wouldn't even contemplate leaving his alliance during war time, regardless of the actions that lead to war. That it took all this to get you to be a fiercely loyal Pacifican is commendable, however you're only doing what any loyal member of any alliance would do.

I agree with this statement, but loyalty and determination are not as common traits as we think. I remember during GWI, when I was in GATO, people were jumping the boat although the war was almost a certain win, especially after the short interference of ODN and Legion (it was actually the reason I left GATO after GWI).

Some alliances in CN are communities entirely separate from this game. The NPO is not. Don't get me wrong. It's great that you have a sense of community in the NPO. However, do not delude yourself into thinking that it is the only one that can inspire this same sense of belonging. I have belonged to many alliances, including the NPO, and I can assure you that there are many out there with a far greater sense of community.

I agree that this can be the case for alliances with members that share bonds outside the game (ideologies, hobbies etc.) but from my, admittedly, limited experience, Pacifica has a culture that was adapted really good in CN and allows the build up of noticeable comradeship, for an alliance of this size. I am not claiming that every nation ever joined Pacifica will consider her as home, it is a matter of taste, but I think we have a great sense of community compared with alliances that exist only to planet bob. The resolution of many of Pacifica’s newest members can attest that.

Just saying....

By the same logic the NPO along with its allies would have never gotten as big as they did. Here's why this won't have any (major) effect:

1st - Old players know how things were before this whole thing started, and so wouldn't ever come to see Karma as the supreme evil - or better put, they'd never consider the NPO to be an oppressed angel.

2nd - New players tend to go for the winner - just as you did. Had you any insight on what the NPO's history was, you probably would have made a completely different choice.

Of course, there are always exceptions - and yes all this does have an effect on Karma's overall image, however if you think it will bring people rallying behind you, you're severely mistaken.

[...]

Just saying....

This is exactly what I have been saying here.

It is part of the game to disagree with each other, to have a different perspective on things however stupid and/or wrong they may be. It is what should make this game more fun. Fact is, that this wasn't the case during the past 1-2 years. But now we can expect a time in which you can freely speak about falsehoods or wrongdoings without fearing being ridiculed or even curbstomped which was present in CN for such a long time.

This is exactly what I have been saying here.

It is part of the game to disagree with each other, to have a different perspective on things however stupid and/or wrong they may be. It is what should make this game more fun. Fact is, that this wasn't the case during the past 1-2 years. But now we can expect a time in which you can freely speak about falsehoods or wrongdoings without fearing being ridiculed or even curbstomped which was present in CN for such a long time.

If this "new world" is around by Christmas I will bake a cookie and send you a picture.

I will accept whatever terms are agreed to by parties larger than myself. That is not my role. I hold no official title within the Order. I don't recall begging for anything in this thread. I have always been more of a lurker than a poster and I only chose to speak out because I think that not everyone involved in this war is as evil as claimed whether they be of Karma or Hegemony.

Edited by Brutal Psychoticus

I think he was trying to alude to the concept of "those in Pacifica" and "Pacificans" being completely different entities. There are those who are in NPO solely for their large size, (previously) #1 standing, and impressive rhetoric. Those who just sit around to inflate numbers and NS. Your ordinary, everyday CN player. Then there are those devoted to NPO, who serve NPO wholeheartadly, people who are among the true "Pacificans." Invicta has a similar "members of Invicta" and "Invictans." Of regular members, not much is expected or given beyond the basics of newbie and war aid, trades, protection, etc. However, of those graduated to senior members, we expect active contributions to the community, for them to listen to us in more than just to basics, and in return we also reward them with preference in aid programs, greater chance of promotion to gov, etc. A senior member, an Invictan, is what we strive to culture all our members into, as they form the core of our alliance. I expect that the concept of "members of Pacifica" and "Pacificans" is much the same as this. Any NPO members care to comment?

I think he was trying to alude to the concept of "those in Pacifica" and "Pacificans" being completely different entities. There are those who are in NPO solely for their large size, (previously) #1 standing, and impressive rhetoric. Those who just sit around to inflate numbers and NS. Your ordinary, everyday CN player. Then there are those devoted to NPO, who serve NPO wholeheartadly, people who are among the true "Pacificans." Invicta has a similar "members of Invicta" and "Invictans." Of regular members, not much is expected or given beyond the basics of newbie and war aid, trades, protection, etc. However, of those graduated to senior members, we expect active contributions to the community, for them to listen to us in more than just to basics, and in return we also reward them with preference in aid programs, greater chance of promotion to gov, etc. A senior member, an Invictan, is what we strive to culture all our members into, as they form the core of our alliance. I expect that the concept of "members of Pacifica" and "Pacificans" is much the same as this. Any NPO members care to comment?

You could have just said "members of CN v. Pacifica" and I would have got it, really.

Can you guys stop posting these threads? Nobody cares anymore. Just fight the war and be done with it.

edit: If you really wanna post these threads, post them in your NPO forums where mindless drones can hail it. You will get nothing but resistance here

Edited by King Death II

You could have just said "members of CN v. Pacifica" and I would have got it, really.

I like to talk. That, and I've already written on the suject before in trying to explain it to our own members, so it wasn't hard. :)

Can you guys stop posting these threads? Nobody cares anymore. Just fight the war and be done with it.

edit: If you really wanna post these threads, post them in your NPO forums where mindless drones can hail it. You will get nothing but resistance here

KD just doesn't understand "politics" and "caring." He's one of the ZOMG DISBANDMENT guys who isn't even fighting anymore because he didn't want any disagreement with his cause.

I fully agree Locke. Part of my point in this thread is that as a result of this conflict I will likely seek an expanded role and help to shape the future of the the Order. Karma's actions as whole will help shape the role I will take if I pursue a leadership position. That is why what I said was not a veiled threat but rather a statement that I, as a more engaged player of the present, take the current actions and responses by those against me and my alliance forth into my actions in the future. I can not take the past CN history with me as I don't think even after reading everything I would fully understand it. I don't begrudge those for fighting for their own cause against Pacifica. War is part of the history of any nation. I begrudge those who mock an honest statement here on the OWF and flame for the single reason that "Hey he is NPO therefore he must be flamed." How can future negotiations and dialogue be predicated on this type of discourse? I was a member of the NPO. This war is making me a "Pacifican".

Am I the only person whose mind went straight to Josef Thorne as soon as Locke started singing the virtues of the radio-silenced Pacifican hail machine? Puuuuhhhhhhlllllllleeeeeeeaaaaaasssssssse. To say you decide whether or not you like an alliance by the way two or three people out of 1000 post is like saying you pick which beach is best based on how many fatties you see.

Am I the only person whose mind went straight to Josef Thorne as soon as Locke started singing the virtues of the radio-silenced Pacifican hail machine? Puuuuhhhhhhlllllllleeeeeeeaaaaaasssssssse. To say you decide whether or not you like an alliance by the way two or three people out of 1000 post is like saying you pick which beach is best based on how many fatties you see.

Do you need the concepts of "before" and "after" explained to you as well, or did you misread, the same as Rey did?

If this "new world" is around by Christmas I will bake a cookie and send you a picture.

I can understand this is hard to believe for those who have been at the top for so long and are now facing the consequences of being a bully keeping the rest of CN down for years. As we Dutch would say "Zoals de waard is vertrouwt hij zijn gasten". (Proper translation would be: "One judges other people's character by one's own.")

Edited by Tromp