Accountability

Sargun II

"Nordland has collapsed. The various countries of the Greater Nordlandic Reich have seceded - most of them. And with that, many in the Hanseatic Coalition are planning on only punishing those who have stayed in. This is foolish! Was Prussia not one of the nations in the GNR when the coalition declared war? Was Prussia not one of the nations that invaded Slavorussia? Did they not participate as Nordland in the invasion of Mariehamm? The answer to all these questions is: yes, they were. Every country in Nordland is still guilty of all the crimes they committed in the past, whether or not they cried and surrendered when someone finally stood up to them."

Televisions all across Louisiana flickered as President Hiley pointed at pictures of the various Nordlandic leaders. "These.. these people, they think that they can crush the cultures of Europe, invade those who are not a part of their nation and assimilate everything in the name of whatever the hell it is they believe in. Nations large and small both fell under the Nords, who were able to get away with it until the world stood up to them. This is not the first time that they have spread themselves across Europe and invaded those who opposed them!" A screen went through hundreds of pictures of invasions in seconds.

"There is no need to be lenient. Even those who have surrendered must be punished. There is no picking and choosing. There is no room to be nice. The only thing we can do, the only thing we must do is punish all those who are and were a part of the Greater Nordlandic Reich. They will be punished for their sins. I call for the unconditional surrender of every Greater Nordlandic Reich country, whether you are still fighting or have turned tail at the sight of an invading army. Surrender now - do not punish your people for your sins."

After that, he handed off the broadcast to the Hansa.

From a bunker safely away from Australia, the face of Sarah Tintagyl appeared on the television. She looked tired, stressed and as though she had just finished crying. But there was an aura about her, an aura that hadn't faded even through this brutal war.

"Citizens of the world." She spoke, her voice at first hoarse at first but then began to build in strength. "What existed as once was the Greater Nordic Reich is coming to an end. All ready we have seen the secession of various countries from the Reich, however, it does not end there. The blame must be placed on the countries comprising of the Greater Nordic Reich and just punishment ensured so that another war like this does not need to take place. We are finally atoning to the sins created in the invasion of Slavorussia and before then. Therefore, the Coalition that has formed of our countries, demands the unconditional surrender of all European Powers once associated to the Greater Nordic Reich."

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

From a bunker safely away from Australia, the face of Sarah Tintagyl appeared on the television. She looked tired, stressed and as though she had just finished crying. But there was an aura about her, an aura that hadn't faded even through this brutal war.

"Citizens of the world." She spoke, her voice at first hoarse at first but then began to build in strength. "What existed as once was the Greater Nordic Reich is coming to an end. All ready we have seen the secession of various countries from the Reich, however, it does not end there. The blame must be placed on the countries comprising of the Greater Nordic Reich and just punishment ensured so that another war like this does not need to take place. We are finally atoning to the sins created in the invasion of Slavorussia and before then. Therefore, the Coalition that has formed of our countries, demands the unconditional surrender of all European Powers once associated to the Greater Nordic Reich."

A short announcement from Singapore is sent to the rest of the world.

"Let it be known that Singapore stands fully behind Lady Tintagyl and the rest of the Coalition."

Yamato advises Mr. Hiley to consider HIS role in making the Second Nordland the (formerly) most powerful nation in the world. We hope he considers it.

If you want the private files of Artemis to be released, those showing the plans that were to take the men that were behind Nordic lines to betray their buyers and cause a crippling blow to the Nordic war effort mere hours after the Slavorussians surrendered, then you'll get them.

Slavorussia supports Lady Tintagyl's position. Nothing less than the unconditional surrender of all GNR nations shall suffice, secession from the GNR alone will not absolve you of your sins. We note however that all former Reich states have been very cooperative thus far.

If you want the private files of Artemis to be released, those showing the plans that were to take the men that were behind Nordic lines to betray their buyers and cause a crippling blow to the Nordic war effort mere hours after the Slavorussians surrendered, then you'll get them.

The fact remains Mr Hiley supported Nordlandic Operations in Azerbaijan and Alvonia the same crimes you yourself demand nations to give up their citizens for.

Plans are not the same as orders. Everyone has contingency plans for survival, even if it means bavkstabbing.

Plans are not the same as orders. Everyone has contingency plans for survival, even if it means bavkstabbing.

It was not a contingency plan for survival. It was orders that were to be given out had Slavorussia not surrendered.

The fact remains Mr Hiley supported Nordlandic Operations in Azerbaijan and Alvonia the same crimes you yourself demand nations to give up their citizens for.

Azerbaijan was beaten down by Nords and Artemis was sent in as a peacekeeping operation. In addition, Hiley has worked with Alvonian governments since then and - ever since the Nordlandic invasion of Slavorussia - opposed the Nords both diplomatically and soon to be militarily. His "crime" was acting as a neutral third party in an invasion, and was hired to do a business. He never allied himself with the Nords.

Edited by Sargun

It was not a contingency plan for survival. It was orders that were to be given out had Slavorussia not surrendered.

Azerbaijan was beaten down by Nords and Artemis was sent in as a peacekeeping operation. In addition, Hiley has worked with Alvonian governments since then and - ever since the Nordlandic invasion of Slavorussia - opposed the Nords both diplomatically and soon to be militarily. His "crime" was acting as a neutral third party in an invasion, and was hired to do a business. He never allied himself with the Nords.

Being hired to fight for someone is the same as being allied with someone you just get a reward. By your own words people must be held accountable.

Working for a side with a new contract is the same as supporting. Mr. Hiley seems to have a double standard, using his position as a businessman to escape responsibility. We hope that he comes out of the delusion.

"What exactly is this 'bavkstabbing', is it a form of cutting up bratwurst?"

OOC: My hands have been stitched and are bandaged atm. Shove it about the typos.

Kilik, in the UMS Grand Headquarters safely tucked away from public knowledge, simply smiled at the television screen. "Well, this was a grand waste of millions of dollars. Oh well... at least we have found the flaws in our military structure." He slumped in his chair and stared at the cement ceiling that hung in decorative dullness.

If the world wishes to charge my Emperor of war crimes for the invasion of Slavorussia, they may. He will be in concordance with the world's demands. Wästerdyskreich has already established an armistice, we will not engage the enemy. If you wish to see my Emperor on trial, he will go and he will testify truthfully. I can tell you now, however, that no war crimes have been committed.

OOC: My hands have been stitched and are bandaged atm. Shove it about the typos.

OOC: Thank you, Sumer, for finally yelling at people who do that. I can't stand it when people think they're being clever when they point out typos.

"Although we do agree that the Nords need to be punish, we must ask, which ones? Ones such as Albert Tanzband, who got the peace conference running, who successfully got Germany's nukes shot down, and whom invaded the Greater German Empire the moment it went weapons-free, should not be tried, as they have proven themselves."

***Classified to Tanzband***

If you can find a way out, or have a place where we can sneak a sub to, and want out, we'd be happy to house you for a bit.

"Although we do agree that the Nords need to be punish, we must ask, which ones? Ones such as Albert Tanzband, who got the peace conference running, who successfully got Germany's nukes shot down, and whom invaded the Greater German Empire the moment it went weapons-free, should not be tried, as they have proven themselves."

***Classified to Tanzband***

If you can find a way out, or have a place where we can sneak a sub to, and want out, we'd be happy to house you for a bit.

To an old friend,

Your support in this time of need is greatly accepted. You have always been a great friend from the first time we spoke to now. There are very few people in the world I can say this about.

In regards to my evacuation from Prussia. I feel incredibly confident in my defense and in my involvement in the collapse of honor and sensibility in Nordland. I will stand trial before my European peers and prove that the fall of Nordland, resulted from the actions of a few and many were loyal to their country and their people, but not the regime that formed unexpectantly.

Regards,

Albert Tanzband

OOC: A good number of nations (RA, Hansa, The Republic, UMS, Yawoo, LVN, Xaristan, etc) declared war on GNR. GNR flailed like a flounder. GNR is, essentially, defunct.

OOC: I never.

IC: In these times, we should be both lenient and fair. Although the leaders of these nations are ultimately responsible, one must take a look at what lead to these actions. Items such as the 'fortress germainia' which had sprouted, the overt oppression of other european cultures as well as the forced integration of germanic people.

We feel that no matter what happens to the leaders, that the borders of these nations be opened, and that a majority of the fixed defenses of the countries removed. That is not to say we would leave them defenseless however, as normal military units would still be in existance.

To an old friend,

Your support in this time of need is greatly accepted. You have always been a great friend from the first time we spoke to now. There are very few people in the world I can say this about.

In regards to my evacuation from Prussia. I feel incredibly confident in my defense and in my involvement in the collapse of honor and sensibility in Nordland. I will stand trial before my European peers and prove that the fall of Nordland, resulted from the actions of a few and many were loyal to their country and their people, but not the regime that formed unexpectantly.

Regards,

Albert Tanzband

Well my friend, you must do what you think is right. I also have no doubt that your defense will be impeccable as it should be. Though, the offer is always open. We will always help a friend in need.

Best of luck,

Lavo Shalam

OOC: I never DoW'd Nordland, just the Greater German Empire.

Of course not all Nordic leaders are equally responsible, but all should receive a fair punishment for the wars they started and participated in, based on their level of cooperation in said events. In addition There are several things the Slavorussian government would like to see happen upon the complete collapse of the GNR.

1. Return of all Slavorussian territory including Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia, and those annexed by the CSSR.

2. Return of any confiscated military equipment, government files, as well as government and private assets returned to the citizens. we will in return give back anything we‘ve taken.

3. Those nations that have surrendered should decrease the size of their militaries to a mutually agreed level.

4. The release of political prisoners, like those convicted of creating propaganda during the First Great Patriotic War. (ooc: I‘m referring to the people who were tried for the “What is a Nord“ film. Also click here)

5. We ask that former Nordic leaders willfully confine themselves to house arrest until we can create a list of charges, and try any suspects for the crimes.

If these terms are fallowed the Slavorussian people will be very pleased.

Edited by Justinian the Mighty