Yet another announcement from Lübeck...

Franz Ferdinand

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"once you lay your flag on the surface of the sun yourself, we will accept your claim" His Imperial Majesty, Gavin Henson

"Note that you only said 'lay your flag on the surface of the sun', meaning they can simply launch it into space and as soon as it lands on the sun it's accepted. Even if it burns up you will be held to your word."

"Note that you only said 'lay your flag on the surface of the sun', meaning they can simply launch it into space and as soon as it lands on the sun it's accepted. Even if it burns up you will be held to your word."

"Note the key word in my phrase was yourself. If he personally lays the flag on the sun I will of course stand by my word" The Empress was not impressed by this man trying to question what she said.

She wispered something to a close aid who walked off.

"Note the key word in my phrase was yourself. If he personally lays the flag on the sun I will of course stand by my word" The Empress was not impressed by this man trying to question what she said.

She wispered something to a close aid who walked off.

We have no main figurehead, for we are all equal in the eyes of Franz Ferdinand, our former leader.

Canada will ignore Lübeck's claims.

Unless they can produce live footage of astronauts landing - and surviving - on the sun, our books will continue to see the sun as something owned by all of man, simply because it's a gigantic fireball that is thousands to millions of degrees celsius hot.

"Well, if yer going to do that, we claim the Milky Way Galaxy. We already have a flag planted on it. It just happens to be positioned on Earth." A picture of the flag on the Dragonisian capitol is given as proof.

The chairman just shook his head as the message played on the video press release, "If you accept this claim.. then we are renting out extra-solar planets also. Just contact our office of foreign affairs if you'd like to rent a planet and wire us your treasury in payment. Please provide the co-ordinates of the planet you have an interest in for our records."

"And Lubeck, since you have claimed the sun.. one of our Milky Way's stars... you owe us a few billion years of rent..." Pulls out a calculator and begins to run up absurd numbers.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

"Yup, we've estimated that Lubeck now owes Dragonisia about 200 times what it's national value is worth. We're foreclosing."

Unfortunately for you, we don't owe any kind of money to you, due to the fact we claimed the Sun before you, and that I do not believe it would be a profitable franchise for you to pursue.

**Private**

"Doctor St. Clair, you already made sure the the Hansa has laid claim to the Center of the Earth?"

"Of course Lady Sarah, everything below the crust is ours indefinitely."

"Good. Good."

"Should we worry about claims to the sun?"

"Not at all, we have a prehistoric paradise to run to, why worry about the cosmos."

"Very well Milady."

"once you lay your flag on the surface of the sun yourself, we will accept your claim" His Imperial Majesty, Gavin Henson

I'm not infinitely (As in 100%) sure that it will burn... Hot does not imply fire as fire requires oxygen and.... the sun is mostly hydrogen and helium but little oxygen, so while their flag may glow from blackbody radiation, I'm not instantly convinced it will burn.

Edited by Zarfef