ARES Announcement

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

orly? What was he trying to say and what was his point?

1) I am a puppet. Edit: Or rather, implied being one.

2) Puppets are sometimes on strings, held commonly by a puppet master. The strings were intended to allude to the quote.

3) I made a facetious remark over the benefits to being a puppet, after establishing the connection between strings and puppets.

Edited by Heyman

No, he's smarter than that. He's letting his ego overcome that though and that is something that no one should do. I mean he's smart enough to ignore my posts. That has to count for something. <_<

So ignoring your posts constitutes intellect?

I'd buy that for a dollar!

No, he's smarter than that. He's letting his ego overcome that though and that is something that no one should do. I mean he's smart enough to ignore my posts. That has to count for something. <_<

Sorry, I missed you inbetween TPF kiddies that desperately need a gag order. They're posts consist of, Krap, Kuddle and Kows and something about thick strings.

No, there's just people that disrespect my allies for helping out friends, and their enemies threatening to first strike nuke.

Call what you want, bandwagoning ect, but ARES values friendship. I only wish most treaties held friendship in such high regard.

o/ ARES

couldn't agree more with that

but the problem is ARES don't even have treaties with RAD...

I don't understand what the discussion is all about. I said in the OP that we didn't have a treaty, yet here we are. Some call it bandwagoning, well I never heard of this alliance before tonight, and even if I did I wasn't expecting this. Friends asked, and friends recieved. That's how friendships work. What good is a piece of paper with a bunch of sigs?

i think its funny that some alliances like rad and tfo have trouble pulling off a curb stomp.

i mean sure its not like karma has had a lot of practice with it, but this should be easy guys. you shouldnt get to the point where youre asking for help from people you dont even have a treaty with. that is just sad

Sorry, I missed you inbetween TPF kiddies that desperately need a gag order. They're posts consist of, Krap, Kuddle and Kows and something about thick strings.

No, there's just people that disrespect my allies for helping out friends, and their enemies threatening to first strike nuke.

To be completely honest, I think that the concept of first-strike nuking in this war is completely different than any previous wars I've seen. At least from my point of view, this war has been fully nuclear from the beginning, and I personally didn't think twice about first-strike nuking in my wars, although I was fighting BAPS and I knew that that fight was fully nuclear already. Point is, saying you'll defend ARES from a first-strike nuclear attack from an alliance that they jumped is rather worthless... If you really wanted to fight Avalon, just activate your oA clause with ARES and fight them now, it'd save you from some unnecessary hassle, in my opinion.

I don't understand what the discussion is all about. I said in the OP that we didn't have a treaty, yet here we are. Some call it bandwagoning, well I never heard of this alliance before tonight, and even if I did I wasn't expecting this. Friends asked, and friends recieved. That's how friendships work. What good is a piece of paper with a bunch of sigs?

now i know where did you get that Name of yours :rolleyes:

First strike nuke is a term that no longer applies to CN Carter. That time is long gone and the era of nuking on site has been established. I don't like people jumping in without treaties. Seems cheap and whorish to me. I already went through the whole argument when Dark Fist done it. Now I won't say you can't do it. Hell you can DoW for whatever reason you want. I just think it's in really poor taste and wonder how they would feel if it was them on the other side.

@Sileath Keep replying to my posts. It shows what I said is true. :v:

couldn't agree more with that

but the problem is ARES don't even have treaties with RAD...

Never said they did. Is a treaty necessary to enter a conflict? Personally, I'd rather help a friend out than wait until the treaty web hits.

i think its funny that some alliances like rad and tfo have trouble pulling off a curb stomp.

i mean sure its not like karma has had a lot of practice with it, but this should be easy guys. you shouldnt get to the point where youre asking for help from people you dont even have a treaty with. that is just sad

69 NS, No Alliance, and a big mouth. Looks like someone learned about curbstomp on the receiving end.

Uh, what? Who are you again?

Either you're incredibly misinformed or you're just lacking logic, which is it?

To be completely honest, I think that the concept of first-strike nuking in this war is completely different than any previous wars I've seen. At least from my point of view, this war has been fully nuclear from the beginning, and I personally didn't think twice about first-strike nuking in my wars, although I was fighting BAPS and I knew that that fight was fully nuclear already. Point is, saying you'll defend ARES from a first-strike nuclear attack from an alliance that they jumped is rather worthless... If you really wanted to fight Avalon, just activate your oA clause with ARES and fight them now, it'd save you from some unnecessary hassle, in my opinion.

Ding ding ding.

This war was nuke hot from the start of the 25th hour. I took my first while locked out in the server crash within seconds of becoming eligible for a strike.

I ran out a week ago and they are still falling on me like rain. It's actually pretty fun, infra, land, tech, it can all be recovered. Millions of war dead have to be earned in the fire.

I honestly can't believe that anyone would act upset over the prospect of nukes falling. Especially since they are fighting along side Poison Clan and MK in this. Those guys have their finger on the nuke button as soon as war is discussed. Let alone when they get declared on.

Uh, what? Who are you again?

Either you're incredibly misinformed or you're just lacking logic, which is it?

See this is another thing I can't stand in debating in this forum. People seem to like to say you have bad logic or that you are stupid without telling you why they think that way. It's pathetic. Stop doing it. If you feel he is wrong tell him why.

What I don't get is why these alliances that are declaring for "friends" don't have treaties with their "friends". What? The !@#$ has to hit the fan before you realize that they might be worth fighting with? I don;t think "they're my friends so I'm attacking you is a good enough reason." Anyone can say that about anyone. That is why there is supposed to be treaties between real friends. To prevent this sort of shameless bandwagoning.

I personally believe that the CN community places too much emphasis on the treaties and not enough emphasis on the relationships.... ARES felt like it was in their friends (and fellow Karma alliance I remind you) best interests to jump in against Avalon. While yes jumping to help someone without a signed treaty is rather unorthodox in the CN it is not entirely unheard of, plus where does it say treaties are a REQUIREMENT to help out another alliance? At least ARES had the decency to make a DoW before attacking, something which other alliances have not always done (Ask OV about it).

O/ FRIENDSHIP > PAPER

o/ ARES

Eh, you have a good point. But since it's already said, I'll follow through. To be honest, if Avalon chose not to use nukes/threaten to use nukes then we wouldn't be have this discussion.

Fair enough though, they have a right to defend themselves with nukes and I'm not denying it. Just as we have the right to defend our allies who reached out to our friends in their time of need.

I personally believe that the CN community places too much emphasis on the treaties and not enough emphasis on the relationships.... ARES felt like it was in their friends (and fellow Karma alliance I remind you) best interests to jump in against Avalon. While yes jumping to help someone without a signed treaty is rather unorthodox in the CN it is not entirely unheard of, plus where does it say treaties are a REQUIREMENT to help out another alliance? At least ARES had the decency to make a DoW before attacking, something which other alliances have not always done (Ask OV about it).

O/ FRIENDSHIP > PAPER

o/ ARES

It's fine and well I guess, but in the future expect much chaos and tech/land raiding to occur through this practice.