People's Republic of China

Sir Keshav IV

[b] Borneo Riots [/b]

"There have been riots in Borneo by certain anti-social elements who want a "free democratic nation" instead of the PRC. The PRC military has been sent to quell the rebellion and to make sure peace is restored within the strategic Island of Borneo. The nation is in mourning for the loss of 4 citizens in Borneo because of these anti-social elements"

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[b]Borneo under curfew [/b]

Curfew has been issued in the Island of Borneo and all foreigners in the Island have been issued an immediate ticket to leave the nation within 24 hours or else will be deported forcefully. Twenty-Five Thousand Troops have been stationed to maintain law and order in Borneo from this new terrorist organization known as the Borneo Liberation Organtization.

[b] New Governors Appointed [/b]

The terms of various governors of provinces in the PRC had just finished. The Government has announced five out of 9 new Governors. The other four will be sometime later today. The Governors are head of their provinces and will be sworn in within the next day or two. The Governor has been abolished in Borneo and is currently under military rule. General of the Army is considered the head of the Borneo Province until normality returns in the Province.

[b] Government Buildings Shifted From Beijing [/b]

Recently because of a security leak the plan of Beijing had been known by the BLO. As such for safety the government has been shifted to the newly built Government Building about 150 Kilometers from Beijing in the newly built city. This city will be only for the government, and government official residences. It is called the most secure city in the world.

[b] Leakage at Pesticide Plant [/b]

In the city of Hefei earlier today a major disaster has taken place which has resulted in the death of 101 people and the death toll is expected to rise to over 35,000 in the next few months.Around 12 AM, the plant released methyl isocyanate (MIC) gas and other toxins, resulting in the exposure of over 50,000 people. The Immediate Death Toll is at 101 and will be rising over the next few days. The Government is working on capturing the CEO of Union Carbide Limited a subsidiary of Everyday Industries. The CEO is said to be in hiding in the Gansu province and a search is on for him. The results of this may be worse then expected. The death toll will rise over the next few days and the complete shutdown of the plant has started. More and more people are getting exposed to these toxins.

OOC: Been nuked in this war :P Also Can anyone tell me from which RL disaster I based this on? :D

[b] Death Toll Rises [/b]

The death toll in Hefei has increased to 21,363 over night. More people have been exposed to the toxins then known before. The city of Hefei has a population of nearly 2 million people. The numbers exposed to the toxins have now been estimated at 200,000 and probably will be more once a complete survey is done. The CEO of Union Carbide is still missing and a massive manhunt is on. He was last seen in Borneo before he escaped and is hiding somewhere nearby.

[b] Macclesfield Bank and Pratas Islands Part of the PRC [/b]

The Government has laid claim over the strategic Macclesfield Bank near the Paracel Islands. After a thorough study of maps it was discussed and confirmed by the government of PRC. The Macclesfield Bank shall be a part of the province of Paracel Islands. The Pratas Islands have also been annexed by the PRC and comes under the Paracel Group of Islands Administration as well.

*Private*

Troops were being sent to each of these Islands to make sure each of the annexations go peacefully.

[b] Beijing Metro-Rail Nearing Completion [/b]

The major Beijing Metro-Rail is nearly completed. The first of the major public transport improvements by the PRC Government has almost been completed. Over 90% of the work is over and the metro-rail will go online on March 1st 2019. The Metro-Rail costs nearly 65 Million Dongs for the Beijing section alone. With this PRC boasts of one of the biggest railway networks in the world.

[b] Dragon Cult declared illegal [/b]

Facing various protests on legalization of a religion by the communist hardliners, the government of the PRC has declared the "state sponsored" religion illegal. The temples built in the name of the Cult will be protected by the government and a special task force has been set up to keep the idols safe. The government has declared that while it is illegal the national monuments will be kept in memory of the short-lived religion in the PRC. The PRC has also declared that the various Cult symbols will be removed from public buildings and private buildings and anyone practicing the Cult will be arrested as per the new law passed by the NPC where "religion is completely and utterly banned" and has become an amendment to the Chinese Constitution.

*Private*

Megan had a tear in her eye,

[i] Forgive me Maelstrom. We tried, Rorschach tried calming the Communist members, they wouldn't have it. Forgive me.[/i]

The Cultists of course would not give up their faith that easily. They continued to do their best to worship in private and silence and to use the political mechanisms to get the law reversed, filing several appeals with the government to get the religion at least permitted as a normal faith within the boundaries of the PRC. There was also a mass filing for passports as the oppressed began to become refugees.

[b]10 Years of Independence! [/b]

The Nation celebrates its 10th Year in existence today. The President gave his usual yearly speech about the goals achieved the year before and the goals for the new year. As it is custom, once in ten years the President( Premier till last year) will have to go through elections for a second term in office. The current elections will begin tomorrow with two candidates. One from the Communist Party and one from the Democratic Coalition. The candidates have been nominated- current President Rorschach is standing for another term while Democratic Coalition Leader Aung San Suu Kyi will be running against the incumbent President. The elections are expected to begin in a weeks time once the country returns to normality.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' date='04 March 2010 - 09:24 PM' timestamp='1267766950' post='2214615']
The Cultists of course would not give up their faith that easily. They continued to do their best to worship in private and silence and to use the political mechanisms to get the law reversed, filing several appeals with the government to get the religion at least permitted as a normal faith within the boundaries of the PRC. There was also a mass filing for passports as the oppressed began to become refugees.
[/quote]

On behalf of the government, Cultists and others able to flee from the PRC may seek refuge within Selenarctos.

[quote name='iKrolm' date='05 March 2010 - 07:48 PM' timestamp='1267818817' post='2215073']
On behalf of the government, Cultists and others able to flee from the PRC may seek refuge within Selenarctos.
[/quote]
"Our laws do not let anyone emigrate from the PRC. Therefore anyone found fleeing the PRC to Selenarctos will be shot on sight."

[quote name='Sir Keshav IV' date='06 March 2010 - 04:15 AM' timestamp='1267849233' post='2215624']
"Our laws do not let anyone emigrate from the PRC. Therefore anyone found fleeing the PRC to Selenarctos will be shot on sight."
[/quote]

"Your country doesn't allow emigration? Now I have seen everything..."

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' date='06 March 2010 - 07:06 AM' timestamp='1267859491' post='2215746']
Despite the warning, many cultists attempt to flee the oppression. Massive amounts of people begin to stream towards the border.

The pacifistic cultists, do not fight back if fired upon.
[/quote]

"The Military stationed at the various mainland China borders maintained control and announced over loudspeakers warning them against leaving as they will be shot upon.

The President Rorschach made an announcement asking the Cultists to speak with him of their problems, and he promised to solve all their problems."

[quote name='Sir Keshav IV' date='06 March 2010 - 05:17 AM' timestamp='1267874512' post='2215817']
"The Military stationed at the various mainland China borders maintained control and announced over loudspeakers warning them against leaving as they will be shot upon.

The President Rorschach made an announcement asking the Cultists to speak with him of their problems, and he promised to solve all their problems."
[/quote]
"If a single cultist is shot, there will be severe consequences - a massacre is a massacre, no matter the law."

[quote name='Sir Keshav IV' date='06 March 2010 - 11:17 AM' timestamp='1267874512' post='2215817']

[/quote]

The actions of the Chinese government, not only against the Dragon Cultists, who may I remind that some of which are Australian citizens, is a direct violation of human rights and must be stopped. Not only that, but Australia refuses to have such barbarism so close to home and you do hold Borneo. I will not allow this kind of atrocity to exist in Oceania and I should tell you that I doubt the world will want to see this exist in Asia. My suggestion to President Rorschach that if he does not want to have serious problems with the world and a total destruction of Australian-Chinese Relations. This law will be immediately taken off your books. This is not up for discussion."

-HRH Hannah Asgeirsson

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

[quote name='Sarah Tintagyl' date='06 March 2010 - 04:39 PM' timestamp='1267893835' post='2216018']
The actions of the Chinese government, not only against the Dragon Cultists, who may I remind that some of which are Australian citizens, is a direct violation of human rights and must be stopped. Not only that, but Australia refuses to have such barbarism so close to home and you do hold Borneo. I will not allow this kind of atrocity to exist in Oceania and I should tell you that I doubt the world will want to see this exist in Asia. My suggestion to President Rorschach that if he does not want to have serious problems with the world and a total destruction of Australian-Chinese Relations. This law will be immediately taken off your books. This is not up for discussion."

-HRH Hannah Asgeirsson
[/quote]

"We have given the Cultists time to come and talk with President in Beijing, so that we can sort issues out. We support the cultists mind you but our constitution does not allow it and therefore we must follow our laws. We are giving them time to come and talk to us in Beijing. Mind you, Borneo has been peaceful under us and we haven't misused it one bit, it has grown remarkably."

The Kingdom of Cochin is a nation that has offered sanctuary to the Dragon Cult, in fact we are the very first nation to do so. However that does not mean Cochin's policies have to be reflected elsewhere. The People's Republic of China has the sovereign right to decide and implement its internal laws and any attempt at interference would be a very dangerous and foolhardy move.

"The Holy American Empire sees merrit in the policies of the PRC and finds it hypocritical of nations to complain now while worse has been done in the past. We are also happy to see more and more nations are seeing what kind of disease the Dragon Cult really is"