Re: Valhalla

I wasn't going to try anything. For the first time in my life, I was actually trying to joke with a Valhallan. I guess I'll just go back to hating you.

pretty sure he was joking back with you. Believe it or not CJs got a helluva good sense of humor. I believe he was making the YOU reference to the entire OWF not you imparticular.

Edited by Buds The Man

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to take a moment to give mad props to all of the guys I fought, since I forgot to earlier... finest bunch of fighters I've ever faced. You guys rocked my world, and I'll never ever forget it, hands down the best experience to be had in CN. Cheers!

I wasn't going to try anything. For the first time in my life, I was actually trying to joke with a Valhallan. I guess I'll just go back to hating you.

I wasnt necesarily aiming that remark at you potato. It was more a general statement.

I also apologise if in this thread I missed the joke, but I didnt really have my humor radar on very high in here yet.

I'm pretty sure that if you read up the page you're saying that you're especially prone to them. :mellow:

To be frank, after reading this thread I find it hard to think anyone is more prone then anyone else to those emotions.

the lack of tech extortion does not make these terms the equivalent of white peace. their treaties are suspended, and, not the importance of this next one, they are allowed no external aid. that means torn, among others, cannot assist them in rebuilding for three months. that is a term that borders on being harsh and potentially extends towards cruelty, depending largely on the general financial status of valhalla.

there is a whole lot more to white peace than the lack of extortion, and i am sad to see many people ignorant of that.

Reparations aren't extortion. At least not in moderate numbers. They also do not need outside aid to rebuild in excellent time. Look at CnG and STA post No CB war. Despite massive reparations and little outside aid these alliances all recovered fairly quickly. Well we're still at war, they have no reparations, and they have plenty of internal money with which to rebuild infra and then begin to aid other members. I fully expect that when Vanguard leaves this war we will likely be in as bad or worse shape than Valhalla will be at that time.

To shashenshah's post about humiliation. You have a point, though I am waiting to see if them getting easy peace terms is enough to humble Valhalla. I have been where they are now and taken far worse than they are now for far lesser crimes.

To be frank, after reading this thread I find it hard to think anyone is more prone then anyone else to those emotions.

And yet not a single person has even considered trying to demand the sort of terms for you that you have happily passed out.

And yet not a single person has even considered trying to demand the sort of terms for you that you have happily passed out.

Have you read this thread yet?

Or are you trying to really say its full of rainbows and puppydogs with no call for harsh terms? *notice I say 'harsh' becuase I believe these terms to not be that and be reflective of the pricepals of the alliances that were at war with us. For which they have earned my respect for (not for given 'easy' or 'light' terms) but by standing by their ideals even thru the mud being slung at them by their 'friends and allies'.*

Edited by chefjoe

And once again we circle back around. There have been many that have called for those terms they however were not among the alliances that we fought. Ive seen plenty call for our heads and Ive watched Kronos, Umbrella and Co be ripped by there allies for granting us these terms. This has been well over 50 pages of consider yourselves lucky and be glad it wasnt us because you guys would have gotten it. We get it, we understand, this horse has been kicked so hard its ribs are broken. I understand STAs, Stumpys Airmes and companys point I believe it has been adressed. We are honored to have shared the battle field with Kronos, Umbrella, PC, RIA, CRAP, AO and FARK they have chosen to give us this, and no its meaning has not fallen on deaf ears. We can do nothing to rewrite history I posess no time machine to undo what has been done. All we can do from here is evaluate our policies, change them as we see fit and move forward. We will never be the most liked alliance here on Bob, we accept that, but to think we can not evolve or change is ridiculous. Seriously in the last 50 pages your argument has remained unchanged your posts are the same from page 4 till now. I have attempted more than once to address your concerns yet you ignore that and come back with the same !@#$ over and over. If we havent given you what you want by now then you cannot be satisfied.

Or are you trying to really say its full of rainbows and puppydogs with no call for harsh terms? *notice I say 'harsh' becuase I believe these terms to not be that and be reflective of the pricepals of the alliances that were at war with us. For which they have earned my respect for (not for given 'easy' or 'light' terms) but by standing by their ideals even thru the mud being slung at them by their 'friends and allies'.*

What would you have done in your opponents position? I'm curious to know.

Would you have done what you usually do, and inflict back breaking terms, or would you have been merciful, as they have been?

I've seen every single major war that's ever existed and I've seen the posts at the end where everyone plays nice and tries to show how much they respect their opponents. It's all nonsense, every single time.

Lets see.. We fought Legion in UJP. Polaris in the Coalition War.. and BAPS to a crazy nukefest for weeks.

Yep, That's why BAPS, Polaris and Legion are some of our best friends. We treatied them, We became good friends. We did not stab them in the back and look for revenge.

Getting a little senile in your ever existence? Your philosophy is failing faster than your memory.

-Tron(rolls eyes)ix

50 pages full of love! I had no idea the lack of reps could make people this upset.

If we had demanded reps it'd been a pitful ammount anyway. We did alot of damage to valhalla. Towards the end of the war our average ns nations and up had about 4 targets they could declare on because the rest were too small. Sure we could have asked them to send us 2000-3000 tech just for the heck of it but does anyone actually belive that would have stunted valhallas growth? If you people are right and they're just going to become mean bullies once they rebuild then that would happened either way. Us giving making them pay reps that delay it a week or two wouldn't make any difference when looking at the big picture.

Neneko, I believe that with 2 .gov and 2 ex-.gov all posting to those individuals "STFU you are being an $@!" pretty clearly indicates that it not only isnt condoned but is viewed as rude and incorrect.

Yeah I know that it's not the view of most of valhalla. I just wanted to point out that they were making themselves look really bad.

Would you have done what you usually do, and inflict back breaking terms, or would you have been merciful, as they have been?

Well, we ARENT in that position.

we lost.

SO to answer some hypothetical question that cannot be ever answered is foolishness.

In FACT the ONLY answer you would believe is if I said we would have butt$%&@ed them, anything else would be just blown off thru more of the same posts as fills this whole thread.

sorry if I am not going to jump on that one.

/me shrugs

History would say no. I'm really shocked that their enemies in this war don't seem to understand what they've done by letting Valhala off so easy.

I have read this thread, and what was asked for is not anything like what you have given.

And once again we circle back around. There have been many that have called for those terms they however were not among the alliances that we fought. Ive seen plenty call for our heads and Ive watched Kronos, Umbrella and Co be ripped by there allies for granting us these terms. This has been well over 50 pages of consider yourselves lucky and be glad it wasnt us because you guys would have gotten it. We get it, we understand, this horse has been kicked so hard its ribs are broken. I understand STAs, Stumpys Airmes and companys point I believe it has been adressed. We are honored to have shared the battle field with Kronos, Umbrella, PC, RIA, CRAP, AO and FARK they have chosen to give us this, and no its meaning has not fallen on deaf ears. We can do nothing to rewrite history I posess no time machine to undo what has been done. All we can do from here is evaluate our policies, change them as we see fit and move forward. We will never be the most liked alliance here on Bob, we accept that, but to think we can not evolve or change is ridiculous.

I believe you, Bud. I'm not so confident in the rest of your alliance though. As I've said, I would be delighted to be proven wrong.

Seriously in the last 50 pages your argument has remained unchanged your posts are the same from page 4 till now. I have attempted more than once to address your concerns yet you ignore that and come back with the same !@#$ over and over. If we havent given you what you want by now then you cannot be satisfied.

That is patently untrue. I invite you to review my posts in this thread. My first post was congratulatory and wishing you good luck. Many of my other posts were in counterpoint to Tyga's harsher words. As the thread has progressed, Valhallan posts (not your own, to be fair) have given me reason to reconsider my position.

History would say no. I'm really shocked that their enemies in this war don't seem to understand what they've done by letting Valhala off so easy.

Please... inform me... what did the 10,000 tech we didn't extort from Valhalla do?

Is this quickly followed up by a "this is why those of you that beat us should be friends with us and not them" statement?

Seriously, read. You were a willing participant to the destruction of that alliance, you watched it happen by your ally and never did anything to stop it. Have a great day.

Ha, no. We offered Genmay white peace and they were very much alive when we stepped out of the war. We had nothing to do with any terms that followed and Genmay's disbandment was only known to me when it was announced on the CN forum. You are wrong.

Welp as a former Polar member and a current member I assume my opinion could really refresh things a bit and our perspective on things and why the terms where so "easy".

First of all, I can see where my comrades in STA, MK, and others believe Valhalla go off a little to easy and I can sympathize in this situation because judging people by there past actions they deserve disbandment in my honest opinion. But as in life, and through the continual cycle in cybernations we must forgive, and forget. I am sorry we didn't cripple them, I am sorry we didn't force them to leave there alliance, I am sorry we didn't impose secret terms, and I am sorry we let some good people off. We did what was best, after the Polar War many in Umbrella (Including the majority of the government) thought we imposed to harsh terms onto there alliance..Becoming just what we preached against. Call it what you will, but we don't need "spoils" in a war, nor the public humiliation of there alliance. They were defeated. Umbrella has launched some of the most effective, and sound attacks on there nations. They lost, fair and square and they know it.

Though I personally will never be fond of Valhalla, nor there leadership, nor there members..I as well as my comrades are humble. We know everyone deserves a second chance. That's what this war is about. Not revenge. The nation of TheVault reaped the spoils of two honorable opponents in battle. They were out matched, out numbered and out classed. I hope they take this to heart and take this second chance to see just how enemies, and conduct in a war should be served.

Is this quickly followed up by a "this is why those of you that beat us should be friends with us and not them" statement?

No.

You(as in everyone allied to them and have !@#$ on their ideals) make that argument far greater then I ever could.

That is patently untrue. I invite you to review my posts in this thread. My first post was congratulatory and wishing you good luck. Many of my other posts were in counterpoint to Tyga's harsher words. As the thread has progressed, Valhallan posts (not your own, to be fair) have given me reason to reconsider my position.

Your questions have arisen from our members stating that if harsher terms were levied we would go VietValhalla rather than take harsher terms. Is that not an alliances right to do so. Did your members not state if certain terms were not lifted you would never accept peace. [understood those terms were severe] All these members have done is show their love for their alliance. If it werent for their AA many would be saying damn straight damn honorable and hails all around. I will not argue STA and others have received harsh terms proof is in the history, but to doubt that our resolve in defeat would be any less than yours is insulting. We would have gone down fighting and for the most part planned on it. Our oppenents how ever saw fit to give us a chance and offered us something beyond guerilla warfare, and im sure after checking with our remaining allies accepted that chance. So to call in to question our willingness to die for Valhalla being reason for doubt about these terms is just plain wrong. Aside from a couple of hyped up members ive seen more respect between "ENEMIES" in this thread than between allies. I hope this addresses your concerns a little better and I as stated to airme earlier I would love nothing more than the oppurtuinity to share a beer with you as you wash those words down. (or your drink of choice) ;)

I have read this thread, and what was asked for is not anything like what you have given.
First of all, I can see where my comrades in STA, MK, and others believe Valhalla go off a little to easy and I can sympathize in this situation because judging people by there past actions they deserve disbandment in my honest opinion.

I stand corrected...

Edited by chefjoe