revenge doctrine

maradik

I don't know where to start in this mess. -_-

Willirica, just stop. You're reflecting poorly upon yourself and your alliance. You're bragging about attacking nations used to being left alone, nations who haven't gotten used to not living under protection, thus possibly ruining their game experience. I'm baffled.

To those claiming that raiding is so god damn righteous that you wish a peace with NPO will include ending their protection of unaligned Red nations, you're goddamn greedy. What's the matter, doesn't the other spheres have enough helpless nations? And don't counter with any of that "NPO only instated the Revenge doctrine because they wanted trade partners!!1!" either. There's quite a big difference between profiteering from keeping unaligned nations safe, and profiteering from curbstomping alliances. NPO is getting their just retribution from the latter, the former should rather be praised than punished.

And lastly, to those who say that the Revenge doctrine is only possible because of the Moldavi doctrine, stop saying it. Since when is there no legal grounds for protecting unaligned on your sphere unless you claim sole "ownership" to said sphere? In fact, since when did we have any international laws put in place to warrant the use of such a phrase at all? Whether or not the NPO will choose to uphold the Revenge doctrine without the Moldavi doctrine is a different question. If they choose not to because of that, well, just goes to show how committed they truly are to the Red sphere.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you asked so nicely I obliged:

To: Porky Pig From: schaenemanw Date: 5/10/2009 4:54:35 PM

Subject: RE: Like raiding red?

Message: your in range, please feel free to declare, because i cant imagine ill be sticking with you for long

You should check your war screen now. PS, might as well lube those other slots I hear there going to get some use soon.

thank you good sir for putting your money wher your mouth is, i respect you for fighting in something you believe in

o/

And lastly, to those who say that the Revenge doctrine is only possible because of the Moldavi doctrine, stop saying it. Since when is there no legal grounds for protecting unaligned on your sphere unless you claim sole "ownership" to said sphere? In fact, since when did we have any international laws put in place to warrant the use of such a phrase at all? Whether or not the NPO will choose to uphold the Revenge doctrine without the Moldavi doctrine is a different question. If they choose not to because of that, well, just goes to show how committed they truly are to the Red sphere.

Considering I was the one that made that statement, I can safely state that I am correct. It was the codified statement of ownership that gives any sort of "legal justification" to claiming that an entire color is under the defensive umbrella of an alliance.

FAN did it too, after GOLD was reduced to cinders after GWIII, specifically because they were the undisputed masters of yellow. And to piss off Walford.

Both of which are awesome reasons.

Insofar as International Laws and "Ownership"? They were whatever Pacifica said they were, we enforced them, and no one disagreed.

Considering I was the one that made that statement, I can safely state that I am correct. It was the codified statement of ownership that gives any sort of "legal justification" to claiming that an entire color is under the defensive umbrella of an alliance.

FAN did it too, after GOLD was reduced to cinders after GWIII, specifically because they were the undisputed masters of yellow. And to piss off Walford.

Both of which are awesome reasons.

Insofar as International Laws and "Ownership"? They were whatever Pacifica said they were, we enforced them, and no one disagreed.

What? As far as I know, FAN and GOLD made that decleration together: http://z15.invisionfree.com/Cyber_Nations/...showtopic=71137

That's right, together. It wasn't coupled with a yellow equivalent of the Moldavi doctrine either. Your citing of a precedent thus goes in the disfavor of your own argument. I'm not saying that the "ownership" of the Red sphere wasn't one of your motivations, but surely that does not mean that the Revenge doctrine is impossible without it.

What? As far as I know, FAN and GOLD made that decleration together: http://z15.invisionfree.com/Cyber_Nations/...showtopic=71137

That's right, together. It wasn't coupled with a yellow equivalent of the Moldavi doctrine either. Your citing of a precedent thus goes in the disfavor of your own argument. I'm not saying that the "ownership" of the Red sphere wasn't one of your motivations, but surely that does not mean that the Revenge doctrine is impossible without it.

The precedent of holding "dominion" over a colored Sphere and thus being able to enforce policies was established by the Moldavi Doctrine. All other claims of soveriegnty based on color afterwards were continuations of the principles behind it.

If the Moldavi Doctrine had not existed, then no one would have accepted folks claiming a color-based declaration of soveriegnty without seriously !@#$%*ing about it.

I speak for myself on this issue, and it has been shown that quite a large amount of trouble can be caused by a nation with zero infra. Face it DT has MyWorld in government, their a easy target to begin with.

Since you want to take on yourself to come and attack our members, then I will return such kindness with a few to join them on you since this seems to be the way you want to handle situations that don't concern you.

Enjoy.

Since you want to take on yourself to come and attack our members, then I will return such kindness with a few to join them on you since this seems to be the way you want to handle situations that don't concern you.

Enjoy.

I'm sure he sent peace after he made his ground attacks.

Enjoy.

So you support your member acting like a complete idiot?

The Revenge Doctrine is about the only positive thing the NPO has ever done, and even then they did it with ulterior motives. Still, it's completely despicable to flaunt NPO's weakness by attacking the weak and defenseless. They are uninvolved and should be left that way.

The precedent of holding "dominion" over a colored Sphere and thus being able to enforce policies was established by the Moldavi Doctrine. All other claims of soveriegnty based on color afterwards were continuations of the principles behind it.

If the Moldavi Doctrine had not existed, then no one would have accepted folks claiming a color-based declaration of soveriegnty without seriously !@#$%*ing about it.

You claimed the Y#5 doctrine to be an example of how sole ownership of a sphere was necessary to protect said sphere. FAN and GOLD declared it together, and never claimed ownership, so that sets a precedent that it is not necessary to own a sphere to protect it.

Your argument is that the Moldavi doctrine established the precedence of sphere ownership. That disputes my point how?

Edit: Spelling.

Edited by Sebastian

You claimed the Y#5 doctrine to be an example of how sole ownership of a sphere was necessary to protect said sphere. FAN and GOLD declared it together, and never claimed ownership, so that sets a precedent that it is not necessary to own a sphere to protect it.

You're argument is that the Moldavi doctrine established the precedence of sphere ownership. That disputes my point how?

You were the one who disputed my claim to begin with. And I never said "sole ownership" I said that it occurred only after GOLD was relegated to the sidelines politically, and was thus incapable of doing anything more than support it. Why they signed on was irrelevant, ultimately.

The Y#5 doctrine was a claim of ownership of Yellow, and based on that claim, Tech Raiders had no business being there lest they incur the wrath of the controlling parties. That's what matters.

If we both agree, then what ARE we arguing about?

Edited by ReturnOfChron

No I don't support them acting like an idiot, but to declare on our members is not a way to solve the problem at hand.

I would politely ask that you solve the problem.

No I don't support them acting like an idiot, but to declare on our members is not a way to solve the problem at hand.

No offence but you've got some nerve to condescend to others about how to solve diplomatic problems. Perhaps being proactive is worth a try?

Right now the problem is that Merrie decided to attack one of our members.

Unless she he is willing to pay reps, the problem will be solved with her being attacked.

The root cause of this is Willirica's decision to start raiding unaligned red team nations, and go around bragging about it on the OWF. I suggest, again, that you fix this problem.

EDIT: Did not see Myworld's response.

Edited by Vilien

No offence but you've got some nerve to condescend to others about how to solve diplomatic problems. Perhaps being proactive is worth a try?

Doitzel I just got on today and just now found out about this. So this is being proactive with getting involved and addressing the issue. But thanks old friend to pointing me to being proactive.

The Moldavi Doctrine was a codification of what the NPO's policy was anyway. They didn't need to announce it for everyone to see, but by and large, I really don't see why everyone is acting like the Moldavi Doctrine was some kind of yardstick to measure how ebil the NPO was at the time.

The NPO would have done the same thing whether or not it was publicly announced. It's kind of funny seeing you folks trying to say the Moldavi Doctrine was some kind of policy shift, heh.

Whether or not it was a policy shift has nothing to do with its practical results with respect to the Red Sphere. You're conflating two different arguments, and I suspect you know better. (I do like to give people the benefit of the doubt.)

Doitzel I just got on today and just now found out about this. So this is being proactive with getting involved and addressing the issue. But thanks old friend to pointing me to being proactive.

Another way would be to not allow tech raiding, y'know. Or maybe pass a law against being a spiteful git that attacks innocent people for the crimes of others. I'm always at your service if you need tips.

The root cause of this is Willirica's decision to start raiding unaligned red team nations, and go around bragging about it on the OWF. I suggest, again, that you fix this problem.

EDIT: Did not see Myworld's response.

Well, right now I believe we have another problem to solve.

Going rogue generally isn't the best way to solve a problem, aye?