Reforming Alliances

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure GR = NAAC + Atlantis

But Atlantis was Sanctum+ The Republic

and Sanctum was NAAC + some GATO iirc

As for Atlantis reforming I don't see it happening there is no will to reform not to mention alot of the people that made Atlantis what is was are either gone form the game hated by other people who would join or just plain wouldn't join it

Edited by steodonn

But Atlantis was Sanctum+ The Republic

and Sanctum was NAAC + some GATO iirc

As for Atlantis reforming I don't see it happening there is no will to reform not to mention alot of the people that made Atlantis what is was are either gone form the game hated by other people who would join or just plain wouldn't join it

While it's true I hated Atlantis, I actually liked a lot of people there. It made our rivalry fun...good times.

Personally, I couldn't care less if an alliance reforms. I wouldn't do it though.

The upside with reforming is that you have a brand name to start off with, whether it be \m/, GOLD, ONOS, or any other disbanded alliance. Name recognition is good in that you are trying to draw recruits. Maybe trade on the 'hey days' of the reformed alliance.

The down side is no matter how much you claim to be different, you're going to get saddled with the mistakes of the previous alliance, despite claims of 'we're different' from members. If it's really that different this time, why use the same name? That's the bit that baffles me.

But I don't see it as a problem per se, just seems to be too many pitfalls. Reforming an old alliance is difficult too, especially considering the time, place, members, and conditions of the previous alliance are probably very different.

I posted this on the NAAC forums the day we disbanded.

Nation Name: Svalbard 2

Ruler: Virillus

The NAAC was my home. You are all family. Game or not the friendships we made here were real. It's a testament to the human race then when all stereotypes are stripped away men and women of every race age and sex can become a family. I'll miss all of you, old, young, black, white, boy girl. We stood together, and won eternity. Nothing can destroy these memories, a little bit of the NAAC will carry on forever inside of us. I'm proud to have known all of you and been a part of these beautiful journey.

Godspeed, Arcticans.

Regards,

Virillus

I'd like to keep it that way.

maybe we can have a legitimate ending to the UjW if we let enough alliances reform.

True

Personally, I couldn't care less if an alliance reforms. I wouldn't do it though.

The upside with reforming is that you have a brand name to start off with, whether it be \m/, GOLD, ONOS, or any other disbanded alliance. Name recognition is good in that you are trying to draw recruits. Maybe trade on the 'hey days' of the reformed alliance.

The down side is no matter how much you claim to be different, you're going to get saddled with the mistakes of the previous alliance, despite claims of 'we're different' from members. If it's really that different this time, why use the same name? That's the bit that baffles me.

What if you dont claim to be different? What if we brought back \m/ and said, we are exactly the same as before and dont plan on changing? Then how would you feel?

What if you dont claim to be different? What if we brought back \m/ and said, we are exactly the same as before and dont plan on changing? Then how would you feel?

I direct you to my previous post specifically:

Personally, I couldn't care less if an alliance reforms.
But I don't see it as a problem per se, just seems to be too many pitfalls. Reforming an old alliance is difficult too, especially considering the time, place, members, and conditions of the previous alliance are probably very different.

I don't have an issue with it either way. My only point is that it can raise issues that can hamper a 'new' alliance. For example, if alliance X disbands as a result of war, some might argue (and it wouldn't be me) that by reforming the alliance you are in fact, back at war as a result of the failure to surrender and/or come to peace terms in the previous conflict in which the alliance disbanded (using your example of an alliance stating that it was no different than the previous incarnation, above).

Why are so many under the impression that NoR has new members are leadership? All of our important politicians of old are in on the alliance.

Personally I'd be shying away the old leadership :v:.

Edited by Mogar

LUE and Gen[m]ay are still around yo!

MK and Umbrella am i rite?

MK made it clear when i was booted that they were not LUE reformed and it had the backup of NPO/ilk

EDIT: However if LUE was to ever reform you better believe i would join, however i don't think there is enough LUEsers left to reform it

Edited by bobboman

If Polaris and Pacifica are keeping a watch on the AA, then how come there are people there who are not warred upon?

Now, I wasn't here in the days of the NAAC, but unless I'm mistaken, that may be simply because you have the AA wrong. National Alliance FOR Arctic Countries was what I always thought it was.

-Bama

Now, I wasn't here in the days of the NAAC, but unless I'm mistaken, that may be simply because you have the AA wrong. National Alliance FOR Arctic Countries was what I always thought it was.

-Bama

I am sorry to inform you, but you've been misinformed. It was, and always will be (unless someone makes a new mock-up of course) the National Alliance of Arctic Countries.

I am sorry to inform you, but you've been misinformed. It was, and always will be (unless someone makes a new mock-up of course) the National Alliance of Arctic Countries.

The wiki says otherwise.

-Bama

You'd think with all the NAAC fanboys around someone would have fixed that, or that Wiki article wouldn't look like total !@#$.

I'll take y'all's word for it. I was just going by the Wiki and something I could have sworn an ex-NAAC guy once said. Ah well... You guys would know better than I would.

-Bama

While the TITLE of the wiki says "National Alliance FOR Arctic Countries" all throughout the wiki-page (including on the right-side where they do stats, flag, etc) it says "National Alliance of Arctic Countries" I can see where you and others would get confused, which is why I'm correcting it, because I was there, I am there, I have talked with Holyone and all the other leaders and have confirmed through all those sources that it is, in fact, N.A. of A.C. and not N.A. for A.C. (abbreviated for ease of typing)

I prefer not to see reincarnations of alliances. I prefer to see new blood enter the field, alliances that are forming their own history and not building on past history.

You'd like to see alliances forming their own history, that doesn't make too much sense amirite?

im fine as long as they stay true to what the alliance stood for in the past. In other words a reformed alliance should either be essentially the old alliance with some time between the disbanning and reforming or the people should start a new alliance and not try to take others past glories.