Congrats to Sparta

Mentor

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the members wanted to jump ship, they would have done so by now regardless.

You got to remember what happened with the NpO, It had around 600 members or more after the last war and went down to almost 300, alliances do decline drastically after wars, sometimes even if they won the war.

as a Spartan i was proud to see us ascend past MCXA and now IRON and hopefully NPO to #1.

however it make me even happier to see all our friends climbing up this same latter as the same pace as we watch the old leaders fall.

even if Sparta doesn't hold on to #1 or #2 for a long time it will still be just as satisfying to see MHA, or Fark just to name a couple fav AAs of mine to ascend to the top of the ranks.

o/ Sparta & friends

Being proud of gang banging alliances at the top and "ascending" isn't an accomplishment. In fact, this is probably the only way you guys would've been able to be no. 1.

Being proud of gang banging alliances at the top and "ascending" isn't an accomplishment. In fact, this is probably the only way you guys would've been able to be no. 1.

It wasn't a gangbang going in. And it isn't as if the guys they're passing didn't get there by the same lovely tactic. They lauded themselves for their political maneuvering.

And furthermore, this isn't Sparta gloating - this is a well-wishing outside party.

Sounds mighty similar to how NPO regained the #1 spot from both GOONS and GPA :>

It wasn't a gangbang going in. And it isn't as if the guys they're passing didn't get there by the same lovely tactic. They lauded themselves for their political maneuvering.

And furthermore, this isn't Sparta gloating - this is a well-wishing outside party.

Political maneuvering? Cancelling on Polaris then going ahead and cancelling MADP's like they mean nothing isn't political maneuvering.

And just an fyi, soon as TORN left the war it did become a gangbang no matter what anyone says. It ruined our momentum and any chance we basically had. Spread panick to our side and resulted into the 200mil-60mil odds you're seeing here today.

Sounds mighty similar to how NPO regained the #1 spot from both GOONS and GPA :>

Eh perhaps. You also have to understand I'm not a big fan of NPO either after what they did. <_<

Edited by The AUT

Political maneuvering? Cancelling on Polaris then going ahead and cancelling MADP's like they mean nothing isn't political maneuvering.

And just an fyi, soon as TORN left the war it did become a gangbang no matter what anyone says. It ruined our momentum and any chance we basically had. Spread panick to our side and resulted into the 200mil-60mil odds you're seeing here today.

I'm having a hard time following your point. So your side fell apart because of NPO's blundering. That's not Sparta's fault. I wish that Sparta had stuck with Polaris, but I don't know the reasons for the cancellation and they were hardly alone there (plenty on your side did the same). Selling out allies has always been the NPO's version of political maneuvering too. I don't say that I approve of it, I'm just saying your outrage is inane.

Bringing up "cancelling MADPs like they mean nothing" is a bit funny considering recent events on your side of the trenches.

I'm having a hard time following your point. So your side fell apart because of NPO's blundering. That's not Sparta's fault. I wish that Sparta had stuck with Polaris, but I don't know the reasons for the cancellation and they were hardly alone there (plenty on your side did the same). Selling out allies has always been the NPO's version of political maneuvering too. I don't say that I approve of it, I'm just saying your outrage is inane.

Bringing up "cancelling MADPs like they mean nothing" is a bit funny considering recent events on your side of the trenches.

You realize I had fought for BLEU, right? The Sparta-Polaris treaty was very tight, almost as tight as the ODN-Polar one. Of course, like all ambitious alliances, staying afloat is more important than honoring treaties. Is NPO a classic case of this? Hell yeah. But so is Sparta. ;)

Yes, I know what you did for BLEU. If you're after Sparta here for dropping NpO, then by the same token you're surely commensurately delighted that the NPO is out of their spot, right?

In any case, I'm done here. I have no investment in this argument.

I agree. Its rough maintaining your #2 spot when youre fighting numbers like these:

1811 974 39,669,815 21,905 152.31 (Nations fighting IRON)

3 sanctioned alliances, bandwagoners, plus Gramlins = rough time

I'm satisfied with IRON's performance against a stacked side.

Also, :wub: Gramlins

So all those times you and your allies criticized others, like the UJP and other coalitions for losing against odds like the ones you are facing currently ...what was that, just a fluke?

Congrats Sparta :)

Also, IRON, I'm sure you will get peace and begin your rise again, and I look forward to see how quick you guys do rise up the ranks economically, instead of bandwagoning on coalitions aimed at destroying those alliances ranked higher than you, just as you did against FAN and GOONS.

Congrats to Sparta, and Sparta will pass NPO easily within a week as well as a couple other alliances, I don't see NPO being the top allaince again anytime soon as things are starting to form..

I actually think that NPO will be back pretty quickly, as will IRON. Just by the sheer numbers of their members and with white peace or close to white peace it will be easy to rebuild.

I actually think that NPO will be back pretty quickly, as will IRON. Just by the sheer numbers of their members and with white peace or close to white peace it will be easy to rebuild.

Which is why giving certain alliances white peace would be a mistake on the scale of the first Great War, letting the NPO off with little surrender terms. Giving NPO white peace will spell the doom of all those attacking the NPO, as the NPO does not let go of grudges easily.

I remember when Sparta was born. It was at first a laughable moment since the movie 300 came out very recently before. But now they are #1 and serious players.

Well headed to #1 anyway ;)

I was also fairly sure that our friends at Sparta were formed well before "300" was released on planet Bob, but many thought they followed the film as shortly after the release they really entered the world stage with large growth and a major dispute of some sort...with TPF or GGA perhaps???

I could be wrong so maybe a Spartan historian could clear it up.

BTW I vote Bush 84 for best sig of the war

Edited by Chigurh

Which is why giving certain alliances white peace would be a mistake on the scale of the first Great War, letting the NPO off with little surrender terms. Giving NPO white peace will spell the doom of all those attacking the NPO, as the NPO does not let go of grudges easily.

This is correct, and exactly why NPO will not get white peace, the Citadel faction of Karma seems to want to bring IRON over to their side, so I can see IRON getting white peace.