Role of Infra

Sumeragi

This is more of a question of why do we even need to consider infra. Tech I understand, but since everything is now based on IG, who the hell cares about infra as long as we use a person's IG stats for military (with the understanding that troops/tanks are considered at max potential).

"The X nation is a tiny, under developed and new country at.."

Infra says if you are a modern or a third world nation.

Not only this, it also more or less determine how much a nation can do, in terms of investments, purchases, etc, as well as being the main factor in determine an economy's size. I know, it's not like everyone follows the pattern, but I sure do, and so do others.

Not only this, it also more or less determine how much a nation can do, in terms of investments, purchases, etc, as well as being the main factor in determine an economy's size. I know, it's not like everyone follows the pattern, but I sure do, and so do others.

Yeah that's what I have always considered the general rule to be, and I also try to stick by it.

Just what is the role of infra in CNRP? I mean, why would we need to take records of it if it has no real purpose?

Infra determines ingame population which is the basis for calculating your CNRP population. If you want it to measure the overall development level of a nation, then go play CNRP-R.

I think it's fine the way it is.

I don't think we need a formula and a scale for infra. It's starting to get a little out of hand now. We can generalize like this:

Nations below a certain number of infra are developing 3rd world. Nations above that line are developed 1st world. Pick a number to draw the line at and BAM! Ladies and gentlemen we have an infra scale.

Wow, i've been working on a Infra Scale, which has RP war damages, and recovery built in. May post some time if the community does not go bezerk.

Actually, given the historic successes of your scales, I would like to see this. Even though I'm currently being nuked into the stone age ^..^

Infra determines population. That's something you should have known from day 1 of playing CN. Whenever you are talking about population IC, you are indirectly talking about infrastructure

I believe I already said that, though not in so many words...but putting extra emphasis on a true statement doesn't hurt from time to time.