The Order Of Light Announcement

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once had a lot of respect for TOOL, many of it's government and it's members. With this announcement, that respect is gone.

This announcement shows all of Planet Bob that a MDoAP with TOOL is nothing more than an ODP which TOOL will ignore when their MDoAP partner make the decision to help another ally. Whilst attacking is optional, defence was meant to be mutual.

A bunch of tools indeed...

I don't see what's so complicated here. Two of our allies entered the war aggressively, one in defense of an ally.

-Bama

Well you hold an MDoAP with us over at RoK. We were attacked. You chose not to honor the mutual defense part of the treaty, but instead came to the aid of TPF. Real honor in that.

Edited by the riddler

Well you hold an MDoAP with us over at RoK. We were attacked. You chose not to honor the mutual defense part of the treaty, but instead came to the aid of TPF. Real honor in that.

Speak with you Gov, our stance, position and approach to all of this before ANYONE asked for our Aid was made very clear. TOOL were in as difficult a situation as anyone in this war in terms of conflicts in allies. And the choice we made early was we wouldnt get involved with any Alliances who entered Aggressively AKA not defending one of their own allies.

MDoAP... Optional Aggression. And we stated early that it would not be an option we follow. I stand by our decision then as we and I do now.

TDT's declaration was not just aggressive but some have stated malicious attempt to draw stacking treaties onto an ally. This goes beyond the pale.

This reasoning behind this has been discussed on multiple occasions with Rok gov in the preceding days. Obviously, we saw things differently, but it seemed like both sides were able to come away maintaining respect for each other, if each being a little disappointed in the other.

edit: well, I guess Graham replied too.

Edited by William Blake

And both of our spy corps hate me. :P Here's to a good fight.

-Bama

Cheers.

(I just lost 20 spies too. Nice warchest)

A sanctioned alliancd only attacking a 40 odd man alliance? No DoW for PC? :'(

Go get 'em DT.

Frankly, Rak, I feel bad for them.

Speak with you Gov, our stance, position and approach to all of this before ANYONE asked for our Aid was made very clear. TOOL were in as difficult a situation as anyone in this war in terms of conflicts in allies. And the choice we made early was we wouldnt get involved with any Alliances who entered Aggressively AKA not defending one of their own allies.

MDoAP... Optional Aggression. And we stated early that it would not be an option we follow. I stand by our decision then as we and I do now.

TDT's declaration was not just aggressive but some have stated malicious attempt to draw stacking treaties onto an ally. This goes beyond the pale.

Neutrality was an option. I didn't know dishonouring someone was a means to honour another.

Y'know, I was looking over some old screencaps. It's funny really.

DefCon merged into TOOL to avoid becoming a meat shield or fodder for defending TPF. I hope and pray that all ex-DefCon members will come out of this without much of a scratch. I don't speak for Cowen or Zoom, but I will say I do feel betrayed as someone who once very much loved TOOL.

Just think, I could have avoided this post if you declared neutrality and it was an option, looking at your treaty list.

Neutrality was an option. I didn't know dishonouring someone was a means to honour another.

TOOL's stance here makes perfect sense and is about the best way they could go about navigating the minefield of seemingly contradictory obligations that this war entails for them. They have handled this situation much better and more honorably than many other alliances in the past few days. The only reason they are getting more criticism is because they are on the "wrong" side. Let's face it, if they had "defended" RoK and not TPF, then they would be getting hailed right now, and the few voices criticizing would be ignored and drowned out. No, TOOL did what they believed was the best course of action for them, and they have given no (legitimate) reason to be disparaged.