You know you've overdosed on CN when...

jaaku

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you start a facebook group for the aforementioned radio station.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/edit.php?gi...3253&ref=nf

You could possibly get quite a bit of people from the Addicted to Cybernations group joining your group :P

Speaking of which, have I told all of you about the time I couped Facebook for Vox Populi? I think it would fit in this topic.

I wrote a paper in Comp I Freshman year about the rise and fall of Moldavi. It was not long after his "coup" of the NPO and moo's "coup" to get it back. It was very analytical and I got an A, even if my girlfriend thought I was the biggest jackass ever.

Also, you know you have a Cybernations problem when you realize the two hours of sleep you lose each night adds up to a SOLID MONTH OF SLEEP YOU LOSE EVERY YEAR. And you don't care.

:lol: Oh jeez! Hahahaha, oh man. I feel bad for you.

-When you turn from being a 3.7-4.0 GPA student into a 2.4-2.7 GPA student because of all the times you should be doing homework/studying, you are checking out the forums.

-When you considering not going to your high school prom in order to be on for all the "DoW"'s.

done that(GPA is now at a 3.5 of 10, the bare minimum to stay in my course), and I was literally dragged out the door to my prom. I brought the laptop with me in the car searching for unsecured wi fi networks. My date was sssooooo pissed. She took the battery out of the laptop and locked in the glove compartment for the afterparty.

I have actually thrown the words "bloc" and "mutual defense pact" around during general class discussions about world affairs. Not a lot of people understood what exactly they mean, and they are supposed to be our educated youth :lol:

You know those words originated...in the real world, right? >.>

.. when you on vacation but your still non-stop on irc and the forums.

Did this last year and will do this again >_>

and when you have no computer access you use your PSP to check forums.

when you talk to people on IRC more often than you do your own friends. every day.

also, when you have to reference the differences between political parties on a exam that is 1/4 of your grade your best reference is CN, and not the actual course textbook. (still waiting on that greade....)

...when you see someone write 'ME' and spend several minutes wracking your brain to figure out which alliance they're talking about when they're just putting emphasis on the word 'me'. ^^;

...when you've used your time as Minister of Foreign Affairs as 'experience' on the US Department of State's Foreign Service Officer Test.

(( OOC: For the record, this was actually RECOMMENDED by an RL diplomat-in-residence. ^^d ))

...when co-workers talk about putting a 'VF' flag on a customer's account and your ears perk up as though they're talking about you. ^^;

...when you set up a GMail alias that redirects the message to your cell phone as a text message just so you can stay in touch when you're not around a net connection.

...When stuff like this happens in your brain:

Headline: Obama plans US infrastructure boost - Translated in my brain: Obama prepares for Infra Jump.

Headline: Iraq Approves Military Pact with US - Translation: Iraq/USA Protectorate

Star Trek - Deep Space Nine Summary:

We start with the Cardassians ending a viceroy period over the Bajorans and the Bajorans becoming a Federation Protectorate. When the Dominion threat started to be realised, the Romulans did a Tech Swap with the Federation to give the Defiant a Cloak for reconnaisance.

Later due to Dominion spy influence, The Klingons cancelled their PIAT with the Federation so they could attack the Cardassians, then after the Klingons ended their war, the Cardassians signed an MDAP with the Dominion. The Klingons called up the Federation and signed an MDP, while the Romulans worked out a NAP with the Dominion. Later, the Romulans were given some faked logs that made them change their mind and join the Alpha Quadrant Bloc which upgraded to an MDAP to try to counter the Dominion/Cardassian military alliance.

I wrote a paper in Comp I Freshman year about the rise and fall of Moldavi. It was not long after his "coup" of the NPO and moo's "coup" to get it back. It was very analytical and I got an A, even if my girlfriend thought I was the biggest jackass ever.

Also, you know you have a Cybernations problem when you realize the two hours of sleep you lose each night adds up to a SOLID MONTH OF SLEEP YOU LOSE EVERY YEAR. And you don't care.

LOL and :blink: is it really a month :blink:

When you refer to life in jail as EZI

When you accidentally call the United States NPO

When you accidentally call the president of aforementioned country Moo or Trotsky

When you're in history class and inadvertently call the USSR the Soviet LUEnion

When you troll someone on another forum for having a giant sig before realizing you're not on the OWF.

LOL and :blink: is it really a month :blink:

2 hours * 365 days = 730 hours

24 hours * 30 days in a month = 720 hours

It makes sense if you think about it. 2 hours is 1/12th of a day. One month is 1/12th of a year.

Now go mull over what you are doing with your life, and how nice it would be to have an extra MONTH of sleep a year.

... when you find yourself saying "What is this I don't even?" "What's all this then?" and "Lines being drawn?" in everyday speech and start seeing time when you are busy or unavailable as being "afk."

"What is this I don't even" has become part of my vocabulary :P Although it's primarily when gaming.

When you're discussing the Monroe Doctrine in a test paper and don't realise you've been calling it the Moldavi Doctrine throughout the paper until after you've submitted it.

I got a massive kick out of this. :lol:

When you end up having a dream involving CN. )):

Been there. Done that.

When someone in RL inadvertently says something related to CN, and you try not to laugh.

-Bama

Been there. Done that.

Come to think of it I called someone a clown the other day and that freaked me out too.

Don't you always call people clowns though? :P

Okay, you know you CN too much when... you want to write a novel about the CN dramaz, using all the characters on the forums as well. :P