Another Open Letter to GGA

zzzptm

Thank you, Poobah.

Let's keep things respectful.

With that in mind, SilverHawk is engaging in an increasingly positive and productive dialogue. With respect, I do not believe he's embarrassing GGA as much as we're working to keep them from constantly having to be on the defensive. Once they're not about to get verbally ambushed, they don't have to put up outward barriers.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be happy to start the race after I get my MP, sadly, it'll be eating up most of my tax collections this month. But I think that a fundamentally working system of Tech Circles and inter-sphere trading would do wonder helping our smaller nations grow. Not everybody has the material wealth to make up for poor resources. (Guess how much money I hemorrage every month keeping my trades having Furs/Water.)

Ouch. Yeah, I saw the trades there. Dude, I can't hate on a guy that's played a nation with FURS for over 1000 days.

I don't care what anyone else says. Playing a nation with furs for over 1000 days is hardcore.

Gotta salute you on that.

Thank you, Poobah.

With that in mind, SilverHawk is engaging in an increasingly positive and productive dialogue. With respect, I do not believe he's embarrassing GGA as much as we're working to keep them from constantly having to be on the defensive. Once they're not about to get verbally ambushed, they don't have to put up outward barriers.

I must apologize at my initial reaction, I think Havamil stated it best for why I acted the way I did.

Thank you, Poobah.

You think that is wise? You might not verbally slaughter him in this thread but I certainly will in the next. Which doesn't help them too much, plus they have access to NPO guides etc being their pupetts and all. Perhaps they should quietly start working on CN101 instead of being yet again embarrassed by this thread (I mean you are giving them pretty much the noob speech here).

I must apologize at my initial reaction, I think Havamil stated it best for why I acted the way I did.

Well, no worries.

Believe me, I've made plenty of apologies myself... >_> But, hey, to understand is to forgive.

;)

You think that is wise? You might not verbally slaughter him in this thread but I certainly will in the next. Which doesn't help them too much, plus they have access to NPO guides etc being their pupetts and all. Perhaps they should quietly start working on CN101 instead of being yet again embarrassed by this thread (I mean you are giving them pretty much the noob speech here).

And I think SilverHawk is addressing points that I've raised. As an alliance, it's no secret that they've undergone some rough times at the top. My heart goes out to any alliance that's ailing, no matter what I've thought of it before.

To tell the truth, my opinion of GGA is rising as a result of having this thread start. Moreover, this is not a thread in which GGA is perceived to have hit a new low. This is positive, and is looking for a way upward for us all. Dare I quote Mr. Doitzel's line about gutters and stars? B)

Wait...does the NPO even know we exist? :awesome:

Also, you should back up your big talk to "verbally slaughter" me with a better showing in the boiler room, if you can't hack it there, you can't hack it here unless you're trolling.

Asking people to be quiet is an insult now? Oh, silly Vox Populi.

I must simply respond to the Wonders Fiasco with the fact that the majority of our members do not grace our forums and seem to make the worst possible choices when constructing wonders. As for one of those SPs, I built it because I find the cheaper aircraft worth it, (And at the time the cheaper tech wasen't half bad either.) the MIC I recently constructed because I have the 8BR set and before I build my MP, I'm going to need increased money from my perma-uran trade to make up for my loss of Wheat and Beer (Didn't get lucky with the wild card resource.)

You know, I was going to be respectful in this thread, but after this response, only one image came to mind.

poster29300444.jpg

Silverhawk - ZZ offered up some honest advice and you basically tell him to piss off. Why? If anything it is your responses here that are encouraging people to troll you. Also comparing GGA to NV was not meant as a "haha, we're better than you" kind of argument, it was just used as an example to illustrate some areas you guys could focus on to improve your alliance as a whole. Yes, the details of such improvement would require more working knowledge of who your members are and where each one lacks etc etc. ZZ does not claim to know all about your alliance and states as much in the OP, and that for better advice he would need to have access to your forums to see what is really going on himself. The point is somewhere you guys have gone wrong, your 30 day statistics show a steady downward trend in total NS. You guys used to be sanctioned, what happened?

Also, one of the things you mention in your responses is that you know where you are lacking and are working on it, but its hard for some of us to see that so, some people have offered support, some in jest, others honestly offered support. I have no interests in seeing you guys fail or succeed, it really doesn't matter to me, nor does it to many of the people posting on here. But some people out there see your stats and think wow, these guys look like they need some help, and the honorable thing to do would be to offer some advice. So, that's exactly what ZZ has done here and he even requested for everyone to be respectful in this thread, and the first thing you tell him is to shut up and criticize his use of the term Digiterra? Is this how you treat everyone who tries to offer well thought out advice? Maybe that in itself could by your greatest weakness, your inability to take creative criticism?

Silverhawk - ZZ offered up some honest advice and you basically tell him to piss off. Why? If anything it is your responses here that are encouraging people to troll you. Also comparing GGA to NV was not meant as a "haha, we're better than you" kind of argument, it was just used as an example to illustrate some areas you guys could focus on to improve your alliance as a whole. Yes, the details of such improvement would require more working knowledge of who your members are and where each one lacks etc etc. ZZ does not claim to know all about your alliance and states as much in the OP, and that for better advice he would need to have access to your forums to see what is really going on himself. The point is somewhere you guys have gone wrong, your 30 day statistics show a steady downward trend in total NS. You guys used to be sanctioned, what happened?

Also, one of the things you mention in your responses is that you know where you are lacking and are working on it, but its hard for some of us to see that so, some people have offered support, some in jest, others honestly offered support. I have no interests in seeing you guys fail or succeed, it really doesn't matter to me, nor does it to many of the people posting on here. But some people out there see your stats and think wow, these guys look like they need some help, and the honorable thing to do would be to offer some advice. So, that's exactly what ZZ has done here and he even requested for everyone to be respectful in this thread, and the first thing you tell him is to shut up and criticize his use of the term Digiterra? Is this how you treat everyone who tries to offer well thought out advice? Maybe that in itself could by your greatest weakness, your inability to take creative criticism?

An honest question, did you bother reading the entire thread before posting?

You know, I was going to be respectful in this thread, but after this response, only one image came to mind.

Stay classy, derek.

Edited by SilverHawk

Wait...does the NPO even know we exist? :awesome:

Also, you should back up your big talk to "verbally slaughter" me with a better showing in the boiler room, if you can't hack it there, you can't hack it here unless you're trolling.

How about this, you bring GGA up to the level of a somewhat decent capable and respectable alliance and then ill show you what I can do.

Hey, SilverHawk apologized for his opening. Let's remember that.

Also, let's maintain positive focus. I think cjavo is going to be a conscientious objecter on that count and Nintenderek *is* at war with GGA, so technically, he doesn't *have* to be respectful, all things considered.

Thank you zzzptm.

This was an interesting read. It contains sound advice, and legitimate criticisms of the GGA. While others may not feel the same, I appreciate you making a post that offers sincere support and advice for the GGA.

It is no secret that we have big issues to deal with in our Alliance. Anyone saying otherwise is either blind or a liar. While we are doing our best to work on things, and trying to make a change for the better, it is a difficult task and will certainly not occur overnight. So I am thankful for anyone (ally, enemy or neutral) that is willing to offer some genuine advice to help expedite the process.

Anyone that slaps away a hand that has been offered in friendship is an idiot. I hope any and all GGA members that post in this thread do their best to maintain a respectful climate. There are plenty of other threads that are directing hostility towards the GGA. We don’t need another one.

Sorry Silverhawk. Im actually at work right now and it took me so long to actually get the post typed up and submitted that much more had been said by the time i did. At the time I started writing it i only saw one page, i now realize that much of what i said had already been said by others and I apologize. I do have one question now though, how come no one else from GGA is posting in here? Im just asking because if we had some more GGA members in here with a positive attitude maybe we could start up some challenges and such between individual nations like ZZ was talking about?

Thank you zzzptm.

This was an interesting read. It contains sound advice, and legitimate criticisms of the GGA. While others may not feel the same, I appreciate you making a post that offers sincere support and advice for the GGA.

It is no secret that we have big issues to deal with in our Alliance. Anyone saying otherwise is either blind or a liar. While we are doing our best to work on things, and trying to make a change for the better, it is a difficult task and will certainly not occur overnight. So I am thankful for anyone (ally, enemy or neutral) that is willing to offer some genuine advice to help expedite the process.

Anyone that slaps away a hand that has been offered in friendship is an idiot. I hope any and all GGA members that post in this thread do their best to maintain a respectful climate. There are plenty of other threads that are directing hostility towards the GGA. We don’t need another one.

I have a feeling that if we have more positive dialogues with GGA, we'll all see a side of them that's for the best.

Wow, I gotta say, good show SilverHawk.

We're implementing a bunch of new policies at the NADC, just curious what does NV do to get new nations involved in the whole alliance thing?

tech deals, and spam forums.