Another Open Letter to GGA

zzzptm

So you publicly ridicule GGA, but get angry when others do? Give your head a shake, man, and leave this thread. Not necessarily in that order.

Seriously, how can you think comments like that help you, and the advice given in the OP does not? Wow... I am utterly shocked right now.

I don't get angry when they ridicule the GGA. I get angry when they repeat themselves over and over again on the same subjects without a sufficent passage of time. Give us a wonder-clock before repeating your advice, we might be more receptive to it.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I wasen't so passive myself, I'd probably have jumped shiped a year ago.

I can't say I disagree with you, but if you, a GGA member, feel that you should have jumped ship and say that in a public forum, how do you expect to turn this around and get some experienced nations to join you guys?

I don't get angry when they ridicule the GGA. I get angry when they repeat themselves over and over again on the same subjects without a sufficent passage of time. Give us a wonder-clock before repeating your advice, we might be more receptive to it.

Well, your comments in this thread show you do get angry when people ridicule GGA, so don't start. That said, even if you don't get angry when GGA is ridiculed, your comment about wanting to leave GGA except for the fact that you're too lazy don't help your case, or your alliance's case. Comments like that should ensure you are among the first shown the door, if and when that happens.

I can't say I disagree with you, but if you, a GGA member, feel that you should have jumped ship and say that in a public forum, how do you expect to turn this around and get some experienced nations to join you guys?

Nobody said honesty was pretty or self serving. But now that the alliance as a whole is willing to take the hard looks at itself that it should of done so long ago, it'd be...dishonest of me to leave them now when they need the help from their veteran members that knows what needs to be done.

Zzzptm, I understand that you made this thread with the best of intentions, indeed to help the GGA. However, all this does is rub salt in their wounds and allow those who wish to harm them more chances to verbally attack them. From what I've seen, they know what they need to do, the question is just how they will be able to execute these things.

Wow, I just defended the GGA, that was hard to do.

Pretty much this. Believe it or not, GGA isn't sitting around staring blankly at the wall.

Well, your comments in this thread show you do get angry when people ridicule GGA, so don't start. That said, even if you don't get angry when GGA is ridiculed, your comment about wanting to leave GGA except for the fact that you're too lazy don't help your case, or your alliance's case. Comments like that should ensure you are among the first shown the door, if and when that happens.

Yes, because it was the same oft-repeated advice that we've all heard before. "By moar WRCs/MPs, 2 moar tech circlz, lolz at da FACz" Just trussed up with pretty verbiage. Also, I said "Passive" not "Lazy".

With respect to President Obama's caution, I am glad to see most comments of a constructive nature and do hope all participants remain civil in their discourse.

To the point about GGA being bottom heavy and therefore lacking in wonders, I would respond that looking at where GGA nations did purchase their wonders, they could have gone for choices other than what they did. Some sort of prioritization in wonder purchases would be in order - and could be a good internal boosting program.

Yes, a member check-in would be a great thing. Inspecting GGA's member list, I think I spotted a few potential ghosts, but will hold my tongue on that matter. All the same, having members check in or get busted is a much-needed move. Once members check in, get them going in a tech store.

Also, any other alliance having less than public struggles should consider the comments I and other respected members of the global community have made. See what you can do to keep your alliances moving up and not stagnating.

Nobody said honesty was pretty or self serving. But now that the alliance as a whole is willing to take the hard looks at itself that it should of done so long ago, it'd be...dishonest of me to leave them now when they need the help from their veteran members that knows what needs to be done.

It's perfectly fine to say these things in your private boards, private IRC, etc, but saying them in a public place like here only feeds the trolls and are not constructive at all. I like how you accept that GGA needs to change, but sometimes saying nothing is better than being honest.

Dude, he's trying to help you, and you insult him?

Asking people to be quiet is an insult now? Oh, silly Vox Populi.

I did not say his advice was bad, I said it was what we all have heard before in the GGA. While he did go out of the way to lay it out, it does not exclude the fact it was oft-repeated advice.

With respect to President Obama's caution, I am glad to see most comments of a constructive nature and do hope all participants remain civil in their discourse.

To the point about GGA being bottom heavy and therefore lacking in wonders, I would respond that looking at where GGA nations did purchase their wonders, they could have gone for choices other than what they did. Some sort of prioritization in wonder purchases would be in order - and could be a good internal boosting program.

Yes, a member check-in would be a great thing. Inspecting GGA's member list, I think I spotted a few potential ghosts, but will hold my tongue on that matter. All the same, having members check in or get busted is a much-needed move. Once members check in, get them going in a tech store.

Also, any other alliance having less than public struggles should consider the comments I and other respected members of the global community have made. See what you can do to keep your alliances moving up and not stagnating.

I must simply respond to the Wonders Fiasco with the fact that the majority of our members do not grace our forums and seem to make the worst possible choices when constructing wonders. As for one of those SPs, I built it because I find the cheaper aircraft worth it, (And at the time the cheaper tech wasen't half bad either.) the MIC I recently constructed because I have the 8BR set and before I build my MP, I'm going to need increased money from my perma-uran trade to make up for my loss of Wheat and Beer (Didn't get lucky with the wild card resource.)

When you look at the op and its starts with a quote from another thread and then a psych eval, kinda makes you wonder if the rest of it isn't based on sarcasm. Does everyone think that their allies are just sitting around staring at the same walls as GGA? I dont really think so.

SilverHawk: Go jump in a jet and fly around your capital for awhile it may make you feel better and less concerned with these threads :P Gotta be better than these bloody longships.

Good luck GGA. With a little time and cleaning ( it is spring after all) things will work themselves out.

Just took a quick look at 20 of your smaller nations. More than 50% of them had no active trades at all and not one of them was using all of its aid slots. Only two of them seemed to actually be involved in systematic tech deals. Given the continuing rise in tech prices on the black market your alliance nations could be making huge amounts of money just by being semi-active tech dealers. Heaven knows that is hard enough to find reliable tech sellers - this would be a very easy way of helping smaller nations grow.

The GGA have done these things to themselves. Let them try to solve this on their own.

Indeed.

But I would like to try and see more positive energy heading towards GGA than the same old verbal bullying. They *have* heard it all before, as SilverHawk indicated. No need to pile it on.

OK, so SilverHawk asked for time. Perfectly reasonable. Often, challenging another alliance can result in a fun competition that has positive benefits for both alliances. Perhaps a tech buying challenge? Or maybe a race for an alliance strength stat? In NV, we had a lot of fun with some other alliances in building up our overall alliance score. Sure, some alliances pulled a few shens to boost numbers, but in the end, we had a lot of nations that had bought tech, infra, and good improvements and wonders in our alliance as well as in the other alliances. It was a win-win, and I'd be happy to invite GGA to a friendly competition with NV. I can only do so as a member of my alliance, but higher-level guys can discuss this matter. Or, if GGA would prefer to compete among its allies, so be it.

Perhaps announcing such a competition and getting the competing nations to join in with the announcement would be a great, positive step not only for GGA internally, but for improving its public image.

Although NV does not have an alliance with GGA, I would like to see more positive engagement with GGA in the community of nations. It can only be to the benefit of us all to strive for improvement rather than damn the current state of affairs.

I was once an ambassador to GGA and I remember some good times in that embassy. I know GGA doesn't deserve what's being thrown at it and I'd like to see everyone to look for a better way of doing things.

When you look at the op and its starts with a quote from another thread and then a psych eval, kinda makes you wonder if the rest of it isn't based on sarcasm. Does everyone think that their allies are just sitting around staring at the same walls as GGA? I dont really think so.

SilverHawk: Go jump in a jet and fly around your capital for awhile it may make you feel better and less concerned with these threads :P Gotta be better than these bloody longships.

Good luck GGA. With a little time and cleaning ( it is spring after all) things will work themselves out.

It's hard to convey emotion when typing, but I do intend my comments to be constructive, not sarcastic.

Indeed.

But I would like to try and see more positive energy heading towards GGA than the same old verbal bullying. They *have* heard it all before, as SilverHawk indicated. No need to pile it on.

OK, so SilverHawk asked for time. Perfectly reasonable. Often, challenging another alliance can result in a fun competition that has positive benefits for both alliances. Perhaps a tech buying challenge? Or maybe a race for an alliance strength stat? In NV, we had a lot of fun with some other alliances in building up our overall alliance score. Sure, some alliances pulled a few shens to boost numbers, but in the end, we had a lot of nations that had bought tech, infra, and good improvements and wonders in our alliance as well as in the other alliances. It was a win-win, and I'd be happy to invite GGA to a friendly competition with NV. I can only do so as a member of my alliance, but higher-level guys can discuss this matter. Or, if GGA would prefer to compete among its allies, so be it.

Perhaps announcing such a competition and getting the competing nations to join in with the announcement would be a great, positive step not only for GGA internally, but for improving its public image.

Although NV does not have an alliance with GGA, I would like to see more positive engagement with GGA in the community of nations. It can only be to the benefit of us all to strive for improvement rather than damn the current state of affairs.

I was once an ambassador to GGA and I remember some good times in that embassy. I know GGA doesn't deserve what's being thrown at it and I'd like to see everyone to look for a better way of doing things.

I must agree with you, we recently had a Nuke comp with another alliance and it did spur the creation of nuclear capable and equipped nations. I see no reason why your idea wouldn't work for other things as well.

SilverHawk: Go jump in a jet and fly around your capital for awhile it may make you feel better and less concerned with these threads Gotta be better than these bloody longships.

I am most pleased that somebody else got the humour. :awesome:

Edited by SilverHawk

Moreover, having an honest and frank discussion can do wonders to clear the air... or to keep the air clear.

Ya wanna have a contest? Your nation is close to mine in NS and infra... how about a tech buying race?

I hereby request NO members of GGA post in this thread.

Seriously you are embarrassing yourselves....

please stop before I ..

pity the fools...

seriously replacement shame right here....

stop FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!!

I hereby request NO members of GGA post in this thread.

Seriously you are embarrassing yourselves....

please stop before I ..

pity the fools...

seriously replacement shame right here....

stop FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!!

Some of us are trying to help GGA. You are not.

The GGA have dug themselves into such a big hole and if they are not smart enough to figure out how to get out of it on their own then they deserve to continue to wither and eventually die.

You are quick Poobah, but this was actually meant...

as can be viewed in the following IRC conversation

<cjavo> another gga thread

<cjavo> lulz

<cjavo> why wont they stop :'S

<cjavo> I nearly feel sorry for them

<MistahHoo> heh

<HavoK> hah i think they feel sorry for them

<cjavo> well noone can say I didn't try to warn them

<MistahHoo> I can't really troll the GGA :/

Moreover, having an honest and frank discussion can do wonders to clear the air... or to keep the air clear.

Ya wanna have a contest? Your nation is close to mine in NS and infra... how about a tech buying race?

I'd be happy to start the race after I get my MP, sadly, it'll be eating up most of my tax collections this month. But I think that a fundamentally working system of Tech Circles and inter-sphere trading would do wonder helping our smaller nations grow. Not everybody has the material wealth to make up for poor resources. (Guess how much money I hemorrage every month keeping my trades having Furs/Water.)

You are quick Poobah, but this was actually meant...

as can be viewed in the following IRC conversation

<cjavo> another gga thread

<cjavo> lulz

<cjavo> why wont they stop :'S

<cjavo> I nearly feel sorry for them

<MistahHoo> heh

<HavoK> hah i think they feel sorry for them

<cjavo> well noone can say I didn't try to warn them

<MistahHoo> I can't really troll the GGA :/

GGA weren't the ones to make this thread. It's not their fault that zzzptm is giving them advice.