Plea to the nations of the world

Televised Statement from Premier Belyakov to the world:

"The Glorious Slavorussian Empire requests that all NC forces withdraw immediately. You're causing much more harm than you're preventing. It's true we dont give our citizens everything they ask for, mainly because it would be impossible to do so. Our citizens enjoy a great amount of autonomy on both the provincial and municipal level, our parliament and constitiution are the envy of the world. allegations of oppression are just unfounded."

[Photos of the front appear on the screen.]

"What you see in those photos are victims of the NC's aggression. They're using napalm and other chemicals to destroy national forests, and clear a path for their armies to continue their unjust war. Several small towns near the border have fallen victim to the forest fires and as a result whole villages have been wiped out. Survivors of the forest fires suffer 3rd degree burns over 70% of their bodies, and our hospitals are quickly overflowing. Civilian casualties have already reached the low thousands, and we expect hundreds of thousands as the war progresses.

As a leader of a country this disheartens me greatly. My government has been accused of mistreating our citizens, yet the world has been shown no proof. Yet those who claim to be defending the rights of the people are senselessly slaughtering our people, and poisoning them with chemical warfare. As a son of Mother Slavorussia I plea for the nations of the world to come to our assistance. If you are against the needless slaughter taking place in Slavorussia then send your armies to force the invaders out, and preserve the prosperity that the Imperial government has sustained for hundreds of years."

The screen then displays the devistation caused by the invading NC forces. Showing graphic images of burn victims, not only human victims, but also the natural wildlife inhabitants that have been affected. The images of frightened children add a chilling and heartbreaking element to the images.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

***Classified, in the Dolmabahce Palace***

Upon seeing Premier Belyakov's televised statement, Prime Minister Jed Constantine immediately set out composing a telegram to the Slavorussian Government. The telegram was thus sent to the country through one of the most secure lines in the UK. It would be difficult, if not impossible, for outside forces to intercept it.

FROM: THE OFFICE OF THE PRIME MINISTER OF THE UNITED KINGDOM OF BYZANTIUM, GREECE, GEORGIA, AND TRANSCAUCASIA
TO: THE EMPIRE OF SLAVORUSSIA
OBJECT: HIGHLY CLASSIFIED

Our sympathies go out to you, and we wish for the end of the war as soon as possible, and in the best terms for Slavorussia. Unfortunately, there is not much we can do at this moment, because of our official neutrality. But we are doing something about it: apart from White Cross humanitarian efforts, we are also secretly sending in our troops to fight for Slavorussia. The 25,000-strong (20,000 regular troops and 5,000 Ozel Ops) has been already sent to Bosporan, where they are expected to cross over to Slavorussia, where they will fight for the country. Note, the troops has no marking or beacons at all, so there is no way for the enemy to link them to the UK as a means of avoiding attracting unwanted attention and suspicion; they will be dressed up as Bosporan Red Army soldiers. 

- Jed Constantine, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom of Byzantium, Greece, Georgia, and Transcaucasia

Bosporan seconds this plea.

"We confirm these terrible events, their use of Chemicals to kill are not only dishonorable they are Criminal, Innocent Civilians they claim to Protect are getting killed. Russia does not need another German Invasion the responses of the population have made that clear"

Azeri and Armenian activists held a protest rally outside the Parliament Building in Baku to demand more efforts for Slavorussia. "Slavorussia's Freedom is Our Freedom," about 25.000 protesters chanted, holding slogans in Azeri and Armenian: "Freedom for Slavorussia" and "Azerbaijan supports Slavorussia"

"I was raised in Talyshtan and have bright memories of what life used to be like and how freedom seemed out of reach, the nordics have no respect for human life and human dignity, they are dangerous, and they shall not prevail over Slavorussia. Slavorussia is indeed an authoritarian country, but they respect their citizens. I went there, and things were just fine. Support is very important in this moment, we support the military intervention. I am convinced that Slavorussia is under enormous pressure now, the Nords have claimed to free the Slavorussian people, all they are doing is bombing their cities killing thousands of innocent civilians, thats what they call "liberating a people?" they are just psychos, we never liked those kind of people here in Azerbaijan, wearing black uniforms, marching like ducks, they should be detained in some psychiatric hospital instead" said a Baku resident holding a Slavorussian flag.

610xj.jpg

Azeri demonstrators wave Russian flags

Turning off the television Sarah buried her face in her arms as she stared out the window of the City Hall to the gray sky outside. The other members of her Cabinet and upper level members of the Diet shifted in their seats uncomfortably.

"This is getting ridiculous." Said one of the senators pounding his fist into his leg. "We only just left Europe, just left after a goddamn nuclear war and now this? This is blatant imperialism Your Ladyship." He glared at the young leader. "We have troops, we have munitions, Promised Land has already mobilized, why shouldn't we?"

"Senator." Said Minister McAlpine, the Interior Minister, with doubt in his voice. "You forget that the Commonwealth has annexed islands to our north that are almost entirely comprised of Nordic ethnicity. The majority of our population is of European decent and that would prove a small logistical problem if we were to mobilize. And I mean on either side goddamn it, they are imperialists, but this is a war in Europe and we left Europe a long time ago. This isn't our business anymore."

"All imperialism should be our business."

The congregation turned to Sarah who was still sitting with her head buried in her hands. "We constantly have to reduce ourselves to animals and for what? Damn this world." She buried her head and didn't look up.

While we will not become involved in this war, we are sending several field hospitals and several hundred medics to the region. We ask the Nordic Confederacy to view these people as non-combatants, and ensure their safety as they try to help the victims of this war.

The Atlantian Federation, though we won't get involved militarily, we are sending food and medical supplies to relieve the suffering of your citizens. They are to be distributed by Atlantian volunteers, which we ask to be viewed as non-combatants by both sides.

Edited by Arkantos

The Atlantian Federation, though we won't get involved militarily, we are sending food and medical supplies to relieve the suffering of your citizens. They are to be distributed by Atlantian volunteers, which we ask to be viewed as non-combatants by both sides.

Said people will be considered non-combatants we do request they wear something to be able to see the differences between them and enemy Soldiers.

Response from Molakia:

You forget that Molakia is a mostly Russian Nation. Our interest is the Freedom and FULL autonomy of the areas we have attacked. As for weapons....is it not your allies Slavorussia, that bombed out our capital, destroyed a hospital? Are you not the one using disgusting weapons like cluster munitions? I hope one day you realize that not all horrible weapons involve fire or chemicals.

As for these people not wanting to leave slavorussia? How come when Molakian forces blitz our way into St. Petersburg did we receive cheers? Is it because we are felllow slavs, liberating our brothers? Or is it because they wanted to see the Slavorussians fall, and a new power established?

We are not without remorse for this war Slavorussia. This bloodshed against fellow Russians is heartbreaking, but it muse be done. But if these cluster weapons, capital civilian bombings continue, Molakia will respond just as our allies are doing.

-Tsar Nikolai Romanov

Response from Molakia:

You forget that Molakia is a mostly Russian Nation. Our interest is the Freedom and FULL autonomy of the areas we have attacked. As for weapons....is it not your allies Slavorussia, that bombed out our capital, destroyed a hospital? Are you not the one using disgusting weapons like cluster munitions? I hope one day you realize that not all horrible weapons involve fire or chemicals.

As for these people not wanting to leave slavorussia? How come when Molakian forces blitz our way into St. Petersburg did we receive cheers? Is it because we are felllow slavs, liberating our brothers? Or is it because they wanted to see the Slavorussians fall, and a new power established?

We are not without remorse for this war Slavorussia. This bloodshed against fellow Russians is heartbreaking, but it muse be done. But if these cluster weapons, capital civilian bombings continue, Molakia will respond just as our allies are doing.

-Tsar Nikolai Romanov

You make me laugh, the fact is People were celebrating when Allied Forces came in rather than you Imperialists. Is it because we are Allies? Is it because we have their best interest at heart? Also regarding cluster munition we have only used those on Soldiers and Armored Vehicles your Allies are using them at our Civilians. As for bombing your capital. It is a war be happy we used completely normal bombs rather than Napalm. I also want to note your plans for St. Petersburg are close to genocide really the best planning for Russians.

-President Nikita Akhatova.

Peace through war is fallacy, the people you are trying to liberate resent have bombs dropped on them. If these people are truly oppressed then the Sygh-Varthys coalition is only pushing them closer to their alleged oppressors.

We’ve learned our lesson, when Transvaal was voting on apartheid Procinctia intervened in force, and most of non-Afrikaners we were trying to free fought our presence.

Tropico2.gif

From the office of Generalissimo, Generalissimo of Procinctia

Response from Molakia:

-Tsar Nikolai Romanov

We've had enough of your lies. Good day.

You make me laugh, the fact is People were celebrating when Allied Forces came in rather than you Imperialists. Is it because we are Allies? Is it because we have their best interest at heart? Also regarding cluster munition we have only used those on Soldiers and Armored Vehicles your Allies are using them at our Civilians. As for bombing your capital. It is a war be happy we used completely normal bombs rather than Napalm. I also want to note your plans for St. Petersburg are close to genocide really the best planning for Russians.

-President Nikita Akhatova.

Our Plans for St. Petersburg changed after our supply lines were cut. The original plan was to hold outside the city for awhile until the population either surrendered OR we attacked. You have forced our hand by cutting us off. Any damage done by looting is for our own survival. You realize how much food armies eat? As for genocide...that is not even close to what we want, and we are frankly horrified. Molakians do not fight in the same total war fashion as our allies. The idea of using napalm and cluster weapons against St. Petersburg came up during tactical planning, but we decided against it. The artillery we are using is against high threat targerts, such as tall buildings, large parks where troops can land, etc. Granted, our aim is not perfect, but neither are your allies bombers.

-Antonev Frolov, Molakian Armed Forces General

(OOC: Really, my aim is liberation, IE turn the slavorussian areas taken over to white on the world map, so more russian or any european group can RP atleast Near the place. Im not in it for the land)

Our Plans for St. Petersburg changed after our supply lines were cut. The original plan was to hold outside the city for awhile until the population either surrendered OR we attacked. You have forced our hand by cutting us off. Any damage done by looting is for our own survival. You realize how much food armies eat? As for genocide...that is not even close to what we want, and we are frankly horrified. Molakians do not fight in the same total war fashion as our allies. The idea of using napalm and cluster weapons against St. Petersburg came up during tactical planning, but we decided against it. The artillery we are using is against high threat targerts, such as tall buildings, large parks where troops can land, etc. Granted, our aim is not perfect, but neither are your allies bombers.

-Antonev Frolov, Molakian Armed Forces General

(OOC: Really, my aim is liberation, IE turn the slavorussian areas taken over to white on the world map, so more russian or any european group can RP atleast Near the place. Im not in it for the land)

OOC: Remember there will always be propaganda everything I say IC doesn't reflect what I see OOC.

(OOC: Actually ive spoken to KM, he doesnt want the land either, he wants what i do. Uber wants my land thou :o)

OOC: Technically I wouldn't mind owning all of Scandinavia again. :P

I just kinda want all of Finland because I don't like having only parts of countries. Ask Martens about our Denmark disagreement, too at least 2 days to convince me to only have the Danish islands.

OOC: I didn't say I cared that it was their motive, now did I?

OOC: Touche. :v:

OOC: And nobody has gone to war for land before? CNRP has so much hypocrisy about imperialism it's funny.

OOC: It is weird, us agreeing like this. The war this winter against Nordland was for the exact same thing, land and the Russians were eager participants, in fact they pushed the whole thing (giving FPB the golden opportunity to push our broader goals). Slavorussia also initially backed the war against Gebiv, which was for equally dubious reasons. Now if your a amoral realpolitik driven nation like say... the UFE, you don't give a !@#$. But most people don't play that.

OOC: It is weird, us agreeing like this. The war this winter against Nordland was for the exact same thing, land and the Russians were eager participants, in fact they pushed the whole thing (giving FPB the golden opportunity to push our broader goals). Slavorussia also initially backed the war against Gebiv, which was for equally dubious reasons. Now if your a amoral realpolitik driven nation like say... the UFE, you don't give a !@#$. But most people don't play that.

OOC: Hmm, last time we agreed pigs flew and hell froze...what happens this time?

The war in Europe and Asia is, while horrendous for the material casualties it will cause and the civilian losses stemming from it, also literally none of our business. We refuse to dirty our hands fighting for a cause we don't believe in, for a nation we have next-to-no contact with. Imperialism this may well be, but can an Imperium denounce its' guiding policy?

We think not. The Imperium of America is neutral in this conflict, so long as United Kingdom sovereignty is respected.

Edited by Shadowsage