Plea to the nations of the world

I have 90% odds on USNA. I can intercept transmissions between him and Slavorussia.

OOC: Classified messages have always been unreadable and not able to be intercepted though so we need a ruling here. Either they can be intercepted and read or they can't.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Classified messages have always been unreadable and not able to be intercepted though so we need a ruling here. Either they can be intercepted and read or they can't.

OOC: If it's sent to the nation under attack, it's actually plausible he could have intercepted it.

OOC: If it's sent to the nation under attack, it's actually plausible he could have intercepted it.

OOC: Im not saying it isnt possible I saying that it has always been understood that Classified materials were not able to be cracked and read.

OOC: Im not saying it isnt possible I saying that it has always been understood that Classified materials were not able to be cracked and read.

OOC: It is true that it was cracked and read faster than it would have realistically been in real life, but it could be done. Some make their proffession out of cracking codes, remember? And these people are often employed by governments.

OOC: It is true that it was cracked and read faster than it would have realistically been in real life, but it could be done. Some make their proffession out of cracking codes, remember? And these people are often employed by governments.

OOC: No no Subtle you are not getting what I mean. What I am saying is that whilst IC it is possible to do so OOC we have always allowed Classified messages to go through without being intercepted.

OOC: No no Subtle you are not getting what I mean. What I am saying is that whilst IC it is possible to do so OOC we have always allowed Classified messages to go through without being intercepted.

OOC: There is only one code(that I know of) that went uncrack for the duration of a war. That code is Navajo. So, in the future, perhaps the use of a little spoken language, or even a dead language, should be used. Of course, it wouldn't be written in the RP in that language, but we could say it was.

I have 90% odds on USNA. I can intercept transmissions between him and Slavorussia.

OOC: No, you can't. Unless, of course, you don't mind wars be a complete cluster$%&@ and have people with high spy odds intervening all the time just to intercept messages (e.g. I have 70% odds on you, does it mean I can read your messages?), and instead, people will just take their dealing to PM's and IRC querries in order to avoid being caught while communicating with the other.

Come on, spy odds are good and all for RP, but don't use them as an excuse to push it beyond its limits and walk all over anyone with few or no spies (as most people here do). Be classier than that.