Cold Front Irc Channels

thaisport

Heh... I got fooled...

http://www.coldfront.net/irc_chat/coldfron...scriptions.html

IRC Subscription Plans

As of April 31st 2009, Coldfront Network LLC will be introducing a subscription model to our IRC service. This charge will only affect people who have registered channels.

We are adding these charges to help pay for the enormous bandwidth required to run an IRC service. We are currently averaging over 1tb of traffic per day, which puts quite a strain on our servers.

The charges will be backdated to March 17th 2009, so if you have already created a channel you will receive an invoice as soon as the service goes live.

The charges will be as follows:

* 01 - 10 users (average) - $50/mo

* 11 - 50 users (average) - $150/mo

* 51-100 users (average) - $300/mo

* 100+ users (average) - $500/mo

The average users will be calculated using the mean number of users during peak hours, calculated over the past 30 days.

Our complete Terms of Service and Channel Owner Licence can be found here.

Regards,

The Coldfront IRC Team

Edited by thaisport

I thought that was an april fools joke by them

It is. If you follow the link, you'll see some of those letters are underlined in the text and they form two words ... April Fools!

EDIT: Sod off, Pansy >_<

Edited by potato

I thought I'd be smart and be the first to post that... but yeah.

April has 30 days. April 31st doesn't exist.

This just in from the international convention in Bern. IRC servers have gotten so large that they have control over the calendar. They have moved the 1 in April 1st to the day after April 30th which used to be May 1st, and have called this new day April 31st. Will this be the end of April fool's jokes? Until next time, this is Asriel Belacqua saying OH MAN I HOPE I GET TO PRANK PEOPLE NEXT YEAR!!!!

Edited by Asriel Belacqua