Three years?

Matthijs

I almost forgot, but as of two days ago, I've been in this game for 3 years. I've never built up a particularly strong nation, or made it very high up, but I've certainly always had a lot of fun at it. Things seem less interesting now, but maybe that's just a matter of viewing the past through rose-tinted glasses. I'm a lot less active now, but who knows what's to come next?

In any case, I've thoroughly enjoyed it. From getting started in the ICSN, where I quickly learned how petty politicking worked, which led me to form the ICP, which was briefly sanctioned. This is often forgotten, as the ICP is seen as a bit of a sad joke nowadays, with ill-considered participations in war, and several reincarnations created by opportunists. But long before that happened, I had already left for the NPO, where I remained for GWI and the cold war leading up to GW2. Just before that, I joined \m/, where I had the most fun. Went into retirement in the summer of 2007, came out of it briefly last year, and now I'm at RAD. What next?

I almost forgot, but as of two days ago, I've been in this game for 3 years. I've never built up a particularly strong nation, or made it very high up, but I've certainly always had a lot of fun at it. Things seem less interesting now, but maybe that's just a matter of viewing the past through rose-tinted glasses. I'm a lot less active now, but who knows what's to come next?

In any case, I've thoroughly enjoyed it. From getting started in the ICSN, where I quickly learned how petty politicking worked, which led me to form the ICP, which was briefly sanctioned. This is often forgotten, as the ICP is seen as a bit of a sad joke nowadays, with ill-considered participations in war, and several reincarnations created by opportunists. But long before that happened, I had already left for the NPO, where I remained for GWI and the cold war leading up to GW2. Just before that, I joined \m/, where I had the most fun. Went into retirement in the summer of 2007, came out of it briefly last year, and now I'm at RAD. What next?

I remember your ICP days all to well as i was very pro-LSF back then, as i remember it you were not to happy with messiah and myself forming the Popular Front which led to ICSN and ICP merging :ehm: . Anyway like i said to you before its mighty good to see you lurking around the forums again B)

I remember your ICP days all to well as i was very pro-LSF back then, as i remember it you were not to happy with messiah and myself forming the Popular Front which led to ICSN and ICP merging :ehm:

Well, wasn't Popular Front the one where all the left alliances were supposed to have merger discussions and the like? I didn't mind the idea itself at the time, but I wanted the alliances to have proportionate representation, so that our plans would not be halted by 5-member alliances. But in retrospect, it was naive to think that I could monopolise the left.

Most of the ICP's members didn't want to be a monopoly, they wanted to be reunited with their comrades, regardless of whether that would put them on the anti-NPO side or in a neutral position. So at that point, I bowed out and joined the NPO, just in time to get my butt kicked in GW1.

I recall pranking you with duffman a long time ago. It was hilarious ^_^

Congrats on joining the old-timers club.

Strangely enough, I don't remember that one. :P Couldn't stand the both of you, though.

Edited by Matthijs

Well, wasn't Popular Front the one where all the left alliances were supposed to have merger discussions and the like? I didn't mind the idea itself at the time, but I wanted the alliances to have proportionate representation, so that our plans would not be halted by 5-member alliances. But in retrospect, it was naive to think that I could monopolise the left.

Most of the ICP's members didn't want to be a monopoly, they wanted to be reunited with their comrades, regardless of whether that would put them on the anti-NPO side or in a neutral position. So at that point, I bowed out and joined the NPO, just in time to get my butt kicked in GW1.

Well the initial idea was to bring the rival ICSN and ICP (and of course the SRI and LSF) together to bury the hatchet, merging was not an early goal but somehow the PF worked really well and the discussion led to talks on a formal merger between ICSN and ICP of its own accord..its amazing what the CN left could achieve when given a framework in which to operate :D

Whats your plans Comrade now that you are back? you just lurking or do you plan to take an active role in an alliance?

Edited by Cataduanes

Well, the biggest obstacles to a merger were the biggest egos: myself and that Lunar guy. I'm not sure if the latter stuck around for the merger, but I certainly didn't, and maybe that just cleared the condition for it to go through.

As for my plans, well, I'm enjoying the alliance I'm in now. So I'll just stick it out, build my nation, do some tech dealing, etc.

Well, the biggest obstacles to a merger were the biggest egos: myself and that Lunar guy. I'm not sure if the latter stuck around for the merger, but I certainly didn't, and maybe that just cleared the condition for it to go through.

As for my plans, well, I'm enjoying the alliance I'm in now. So I'll just stick it out, build my nation, do some tech dealing, etc.

But tbh in the ego stakes Silent beat you and Lunar hands down :D. I do remember Lunar floating around for while after the merger but i lost track of him after GW3 :unsure:

Edited by Cataduanes

But tbh in the ego stakes Silent beat you and Lunar hands down :D

Yes, but he was also the leader of one of those aforementioned 5-member alliances. ;) I don't exactly remember what had happened, but things certainly didn't progress after I basically snubbed him in a PM, saying that we didn't care enough to have extensive talks.