Announcement from the Viridian Entente

Wow, this is truly impressive. Humble in the apology, and boldly canceling some major treaties, your reasons are very valid and you did the right thing.

More alliance should take a look at their treaties and decide if they really want to keep them. (I speak for all treaties, not just treaties including NPO, GGA or IRON)

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please do go and check I think you will find all our cancellations have been amicable and respectful bar maybe Jarheads.

All your cancellations provided reason as well. They weren't empty or without purpose. And they didn't insinuate a looming doom, much as you and yours seem to claim this thread does.

VE is taking a stand. They want to see this damnable process end. We are taking a stand. It's time to end this.

How is being canceled on 'making a stand'? Or do you refer to the bulleted insults directed at the two alliances they canceled with?

Yes it is. That's exactly what this is about. It's what the whole damn thing is about. This is fundamentally a conflict between those who adhere to a set of honorable, morally sound principles, and those who sacrifice those principles for personal gain. It's the result of years of the same process, whereby alliances with any desire to change the established order get stomped into the ground.

VE is taking a stand. They want to see this damnable process end. We are taking a stand.

Your whole quote intrigues me.

Personal gain? How so?

Process end? How so?

What makes your principles so much more honorable than mine? Do you even know what mine are?

That would be nice. I could go rambling on about other principles that would be nice to see as well, but this thread isn't really the place for an exposition of principles.

It's about three treaty cancellations, one of which seems to have triggered the other two.

As long as you're rambling you might as well ;)

Please do go and check I think you will find all our cancellations have been amicable and respectful bar maybe Jarheads.

I think you will also find that we have never posted an alliances cancellation for them.

So, your annoyed that they made public the reasons for the cancellation? I'm quite happy they did as it means the "Tell us why" folks don't have to ask that particular question and spare me from reading through 5-6 pages of them asking the same question over and over again.

How is being canceled on 'making a stand'? Or do you refer to the bulleted insults directed at the two alliances they canceled with?

I will say again, sometimes the truth hurts but that does not make it any less true. and I am not sure how much you pay attention but telling inconvenient truths about certain groups around here certainly is making a stand.

I think you will also find that we have never posted an alliances cancellation for them.

This. It shows a blatant lack of class to post another alliances cancellation. You would have thought VE would have learned something from the past. Evidently not.

Your whole quote intrigues me.

Personal gain? How so?

Process end? How so?

What makes your principles so much more honorable than mine? Do you even know what mine are?

Hello Kryievla. While you aren't in GGA, NPO, or IRON, I assume you have taken offense at my statement because I insinuated that your allies are lacking in principle. I unfortunately made the assumption that VE canceled because their "allies" had attempted to bully them away from another group of friends. I guess we'll learn what actually happened soon enough. You see, I assumed that Pacifica and IRON wanted to ensure their continued grasp on the treaty web. I must have been mistaken. It is clear that the points that VE outlined were not in response to any kind of mistreatment on the part of their ex-allies, they were simply thrown in for the hell of it.

Some might be misled, as I was, into thinking that the hegemony has continued to do what it does every time it sees someone stepping out of line. It's only normal to see the implied threats coming from IRON and Pacifica, considering the gigantic mound of past evidence that shows that this is exactly how they operate.

I described the "process" of rolling an alliance. While you, Kryievla, might have a different point of view on past wars, many view them as a violent extension of the greed and powerlust of a small number. The "process" is the continual destruction of dissent, and the smothering of any force for change. It's sickening, and it has been permitted for far too long.

While I don't know what your principles are, the parties concerned have more than shown their true colors. We've seen them time and time again. Now, Kryievla, what are your principles? Where do you stand?

This. It shows a blatant lack of class to post another alliances cancellation. You would have thought VE would have learned something from the past. Evidently not.

Because the IRON cancellation was a springboard for further action from the VE, it is only natural and relevant to include them in the original post. We cannot control when IRON decides to post their threads.

All your cancellations provided reason as well. They weren't empty or without purpose. And they didn't insinuate a looming doom, much as you and yours seem to claim this thread does.

Sorry I didn't realize my reasoning in anyway insinuated "looming doom" whatever that is meant to mean lol. Also I'll think you'll find that when we issue cancellations we give the reasons in private as we did with VE recently. VE didn't even give private notice, way to go VE those are some big balls you got right there! Nothing like a good airing of dirty laundry to get a reaction from the OWF croud which in reality is VE's goal here. A very childish move indeed.

I'm sure this has already been said by folks far more wise and informed than I, but I really do hope this works out better for you the second time around.

Sorry I didn't realize my reasoning in anyway insinuated "looming doom" whatever that is meant to mean lol. Also I'll think you'll find that when we issue cancellations we give the reasons in private as we did with VE recently. VE didn't even give private notice, way to go VE those are some big balls you got right there! Nothing like a good airing of dirty laundry to get a reaction from the OWF croud which in reality is VE's goal here. A very childish move indeed.

Is someone sad that they didn't get to post a thread? Seeing as though VE made it clear that you canceled I would think it wouldn't matter, unless of course you wanted to post the thread in order to get a reaction from the OWF crowd (like when you guys posted a thread announcing it even after it had already been announced), childish indeed. Something regarding a pot and a kettle comes to mind.

If an alliance did that to myself I'd be offended. I would speculate there're many in IRON who feel the same way.

You know, one would think that if you were going to cancel on the two largest alliances in the game. you would at least try and keep it low key. Touting reasons in public really doesn't keep things low key. I'm not sure why you'd think it was beneficial to throw in a few last parting shots at IRON and NPO, but I've heard that waking sleeping giants isn't beneficial to your health.

If an alliance did that to myself I'd be offended. I would speculate there're many in IRON who feel the same way.

You know, one would think that if you were going to cancel on the two largest alliances in the game. you would at least try and keep it low key. Touting reasons in public really doesn't keep things low key. I'm not sure why you'd think it was beneficial to throw in a few last parting shots at IRON and NPO, but I've heard that waking sleeping giants isn't beneficial to your health.

If the sleeping giants were thinking about attacking then I'd certainly try and rally some public support to save my alliance...

So your going to come into this thread now toting the 'might makes right' philosophy? With a slight threat to health?

One of the reasons for feelings as low as they are on this end. <_<

When the fear of "waking sleeping giants" keeps alliances from doing what they think is right, it's time to make some adjustments.

Is someone sad that they didn't get to post a thread? Seeing as though VE made it clear that you canceled I would think it wouldn't matter, unless of course you wanted to post the thread in order to get a reaction from the OWF crowd (like when you guys posted a thread announcing it even after it had already been announced), childish indeed. Something regarding a pot and a kettle comes to mind.

Actually I'm more sad by the apparent lack of class displayed in this thread. Childish? No. Getting on with our business regardless of the games of another party? I think so.

Welcome to the Entente. I wasn't expecting the "might makes right" reason but I guess it can be applied any where. Besides, as of right now, Viridia still has quite a few allies, your own alliance included.

Actually I'm more sad by the apparent lack of class displayed in this thread. Childish? No. Getting on with our business regardless of the games of another party? I think so.

So it is childish to announce a treaty cancellation in a completely honest manner when it is needed to properly explain the cancellation of to other major treaties but it is OK to post a repeat topic simply because you want to get on with your business even though it accomplishes nothing other then what you accuse VE of trying to do.

If I had Death's double standards graphic handy it would go here.

Welcome to the Entente. I wasn't expecting the "might makes right" reason but I guess it can be applied any where. Besides, as of right now, Viridia still has quite a few allies, your own alliance included.

Certainly. My posts are not representative of TORN in any way. It just makes me wonder what the decision makers in VE are thinking when they chose to insult two largest alliances in the game as relations are cut. That type of mentality does not seem conductive of longevity.

So, your annoyed that they made public the reasons for the cancellation? I'm quite happy they did as it means the "Tell us why" folks don't have to ask that particular question and spare me from reading through 5-6 pages of them asking the same question over and over again.

eh? They didn't post the reasons for our cancellation with them. I'm not annoyed about anything more disappointed that A) The reasons posted could have been kept private but VE choose to create a bash on the hegemony thread, B) VE didn't bother to even notify their ex allies in NPO prior to posting it and C) Didn't bother to read the terms of the GGA treaty or they would have noticed that they just breached their treaty.

We don't have principles? give me a break.