Trouble at the MCXA?

I think that's kind of the point I'm trying to get across.

Let's say you and I are good friends. We have been before we were in the same alliance, and I tell you that me and all these other super cool people are going to go and do our own super cool thing.

Note: in this case, Super Cool is incredibly subjective.

It's recruiting if we ask you to come along. It's just NOT if you choose to come along because that's what you want to do.

And.. I'm sorry, but if you can't see the difference there... PLEASE tell me, so I can ignore you from now on.

Now you're changing your story a bit, and a crucial bit, at that. Let's look back at what you said earlier:

No. There is a difference between having a friend telling you that he and many of your other friends are going to be leaving the situation that you left the MCXA to get away from, and then asking to join. And recruiting.

Asking them to join? That's not the same as asking them to come along? or the same as recruiting?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you're changing your story a bit, and a crucial bit, at that. Let's look back at what you said earlier:

Asking them to join? That's not the same as asking them to come along? or the same as recruiting?

I could be wrong, but what I think he means is that the guy who was not originally involved asked the schemers if he could join them. Not them asking him.

So they all had this great plan to help out MCXA which was so helpful that it was kept tightly secret, and when it was found out that they wanted to help out MCXA.... they ran way.... right.

I know you said you were inactive the whole time, but son if that's the story they gave you and you bought it, then I'd like to sell you a bridge I got too.

OK... Fine. Clearly you're going to filter anything I say through your own Fecal Mater Colored glasses.

So... in your case. I concede.

The following message only apply's to the gentleman I'm currently addressing...

You're right. TSO is evil. Everyone in it is a bunch of Evil !@#$%^&*. We specifically set out to deliberately destroy the MCXA. Which is why we canceled all the treaties we negotiated and wrote, destroyed the guides that most of us wrote, and scraped the forums. We also secretly plan to attack all of continuum at update. Eat babies, worship Satan, have "Relations" with Hoofed mammals, and so on and so forth.

There... now you don't have to wildly misinturpret what I'm saying... since that's what you were reading no matter WHAT I posted.

For the rest of you obviously... That wasn't serious. At all. In any way. ETC.

Now... shall we continue to dance?

Oh Dear Christ.

The Person. Being told what's happening... ASKING TO JOIN IN THE NEW THING. NOT The people creating TSO asking Jose to join.

JOSE ASKING TO JOIN THEM

Is that clear now?

Edit: Like I said Fecal Mater Colored glasses.

Edited by Neuromancer7

OK... Fine. Clearly you're going to filter anything I say through your own Fecal Mater Colored glasses.

TSO doesn't get to take the sarcastic road in this one. Or the high road. You guys made your bed, you have to lie in it. If you don't like what people say to you, or about you, I suggest you move on.

Oh Dear Christ.

The Person. Being told what's happening... ASKING TO JOIN IN THE NEW THING. NOT The people creating TSO asking Jose to join.

JOSE ASKING TO JOIN THEM

Is that clear now?

I hardly think that someone could told some friend or not about something secret if he wasn't expecting him to join.

Like:

"Hey I'm creating an amazing alliance, but I'm not invinting you, although you are welcome if you wanna join."

Edited by D34th

So... in your case. I concede.

The following message only apply's to the gentleman I'm currently addressing...

You're right. TSO is evil. Everyone in it is a bunch of Evil !@#$%^&*. We specifically set out to deliberately destroy the MCXA. Which is why we canceled all the treaties we negotiated and wrote, destroyed the guides that most of us wrote, and scraped the forums. We also secretly plan to attack all of continuum at update. Eat babies, worship Satan, have "Relations" with Hoofed mammals, and so on and so forth.

There... now you don't have to wildly misinturpret what I'm saying... since that's what you were reading no matter WHAT I posted.

For the rest of you obviously... That wasn't serious. At all. In any way. ETC.

Now... shall we continue to dance?

You know, sarcasm only works as an arguing technique if you know how to wield it properly. Frankly, you are only convincing me further that TSO is in desperate need of a new spokesperson. As already mentioned previously, I humbly apply for the position.

There is a difference between having a friend telling you that he and many of your other friends are going to be leaving the situation that you left the MCXA to get away from, and then asking to join. And recruiting.
It's recruiting if we ask you to come along.

I totally see what you did there

I hardly think that someone could told someone friend or not about something secret if he wasn't expecting him to join.

Like:

"Hey I'm creating an amazing alliance, but I'm not invinting you, although you are welcome if you wanna join."

I would agree that it's tantamount to recruiting in that they knew he'd ask to join, but on the other hand, he's going to find out sooner or later anyway, and people are generally free to go to any alliance they wish.

Oh...

Sorry. Some of you missed it earlier.

I AM NOT IN TSO ANYMORE

I left. I quit, I jumped ship. Because I'm going to keep posting in this nightmare until it kills me.

It's an impossible task, sure, but who dares wins.

Ok, usually who dares ends up getting !@#$ beat and regretting his decision.

And I DO know I can't win.

But sometimes, one must tilt at windmills.

TL:DR I'M NO LONGER IN TSO!!!

<<-- Look! it's an alliance affiliation. It's not TSO.

Edited by Neuromancer7

Oh...

I AM NOT IN TSO ANYMORE

I left. I quit, I jumped ship. Because I'm going to keep posting in this nightmare until it kills me.

Why'd you leave?

Oh...

I AM NOT IN TSO ANYMORE

Okay, so you left TSO in order to lend credibility to your arguments? Is that what you're trying to tell us?

I would agree that it's tantamount to recruiting in that they knew he'd ask to join, but on the other hand, he's going to find out sooner or later anyway, and people are generally free to go to any alliance they wish.

You sir... See the light. Go forth and spread the word my son. Idiocy is NOT a requisite for posting in this abomination.

Believes me, I saw this kind of thing alot of times already to know that if a person is telling you about a new alliance he has some hope that you will join him.

Okay, so you left TSO in order to lend credibility to your arguments? Is that what you're trying to tell us?

Not hardly.

I left TSO because TSO has a gag order. And I didn't want to be gaged. I also didn't want to damage them specifically with certain other alliances.

And... I've decided to keep this up even if it kills me. Which is might.

Also, Depending on how far I end up taking this... they may not be politically able to take me back.

And that's fine. I understand.

I left, to keep speaking. Because, as I said previously, I'm a Stubborn Cuss.

The fact that you left TSO (presumably to get around a gag order they have served having had such poor representation in this thread) does not change the fact that you are effectively a spokesman for TSO, considering that you were a member and they clearly continue to lie close to your heart.

The Person. Being told what's happening... ASKING TO JOIN IN THE NEW THING

But, why tell them about a secret alliance if you are not trying to get them to join? This is very similar to what GGA red-lined JB for (leaving to start a new alliance and mentioning it to some of his friends).

Not hardly.

I left TSO because TSO has a gag order. And I didn't want to be gaged. I also didn't want to damage them specifically with certain other alliances.

And... I've decided to keep this up even if it kills me. Which is might.

Also, Depending on how far I end up taking this... they may not be politically able to take me back.

And that's fine. I understand.

I left, to keep speaking. Because, as I said previously, I'm a Stubborn Cuss.

So your plan was/is to get around the gag order by leaving TSO and arguing in this thread, and when it inevitably gets locked or just dies, you'll go back? I've gotta say, that's a great plan, if I understand it correctly. It's a swiss watch.