Nintenderek's 1000th day playing Cybernations

Nintenderek

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having been in GOLD with him, I can assure you what he did was better than ninny's failed projects.

Fortunately, I was in better alliances at the time than the disaster area that GOLD was. Regardless, I wasn't talking about playing ability. I was talking about entertainment value. Unless Vladimir Stukov was the one responsible for making GOLD a running joke, he hasn't created any entertainment.

Fortunately, I was in better alliances at the time than the disaster area that GOLD was. Regardless, I wasn't talking about playing ability. I was talking about entertainment value. Unless Vladimir Stukov was the one responsible for making GOLD a running joke, he hasn't created any entertainment.

*W_A_R idly wonders whether Daffodil would be up to a test run of the secret weapon. Perhaps not. The thread is already soiled and odious as it is.

I assume you are a re-roll, WhatOnceWas, as your current nation certainly hasn't been around long enough to have any degree of specific knowledge of GOLD and the competence (or lack thereof) of the leadership or membership. You say that you were in 'better' alliances at the time.

'Better' is such a subjective term and is coloured by one's personal experience. What aspect of your alliance was better? How did you come to that conclusion? On what basis do you make the assertation that GOLD was a 'disaster area' and a 'running joke'?

From my personal experience (and yes, my views are biased) in the early days of GOLD, up to and just after the alliance was sanctioned, it was a great place to be involved with. Sure it was flawed, but it was neither incompetent nor a joke. There was a committed leadership and membership, all striving to make the alliance one to be proud of. Sadly, as it often happens, key membership left, individual rather than collective objectives were pursued, consequently the vision of GOLD became blurred and inevitably there were several stumbles before the final end.

To give him his dues, Nintenderek has always been keen and enthusiastic to play his part in building whatever Alliance he happens to be in. His personality and manner can be 'challenging' to some and he can easily polarise opinions of him. He is not the first ruler to do so and surely will not be the last. He is one of many former GOLD members that have moved on to other alliances and other projects, a substantial number of whom I would not hesitate to call upon should I be establishing a new Alliance (some have posted in this thread). We all grow and learn (well most of us; a handful just keep on making the same old dumb mistakes).

However, if we are talking of entertainment value, I recall that Vladimir Stukov II had a pretty entertaining start to life. You may even want to ask him about it.

Congratulations on 1000 days, Nintenderek.

As for the rest of you who entered this thread and decided to mock the player, derail the thread, or anything else of that nature, you should be ashamed of yourselves. Do you really have nothing better to do than belittle another player and ruin his celebration thread?

Nobody really cares if Nintenderek screwed up in-game. Quite the reverse, in fact. He's caused drama that kept us all entertained. What have you done to provide entertainment? What use would your casualty counts or infra levels be if everybody got bored and stopped playing? Think about that, bacause it's exactly what would happen if players like Nintenderek weren't around.

Best post in this thread. You're gonna get some tonight.

Congratulations on 1000 days Nintenderek. Obviously you're a totally irrelevant failure of a player, hence the 7 page thread.

However, if we are talking of entertainment value, I recall that Vladimir Stukov II had a pretty entertaining start to life. You may even want to ask him about it.

The vast majority of your post isn't, but I am. Vladimir Stukov's nation is almost two years old. If, as you claim, he had an entertaining start to life, I'm assuming that was almost two years ago.

What gives a player the right to call another "the definition of failure" and deride everything he has done? I'm not sure that being "pretty entertaining" almost two years previously and then joining an established, conservative, zero-risk alliance is sufficient.

I'm wondering if the people defending those who would mock Nintenderek are doing it because they believe it's right and correct to mock an individual for his IC actions? I would hope not.

I know this may come off as trolling, but it isn't, I'm just really curious.

Have you ever passed 1000 infra during your 1000 days in CN?

I'm not sure I passed 500, I've always been a fan of smaller nations :P

Also, why are you people still posting? I stopped posting like 3 pages ago :P

The vast majority of your post isn't, but I am. Vladimir Stukov's nation is almost two years old. If, as you claim, he had an entertaining start to life, I'm assuming that was almost two years ago.

What gives a player the right to call another "the definition of failure" and deride everything he has done? I'm not sure that being "pretty entertaining" almost two years previously and then joining an established, conservative, zero-risk alliance is sufficient.

I'm wondering if the people defending those who would mock Nintenderek are doing it because they believe it's right and correct to mock an individual for his IC actions? I would hope not.

I'm not trying to be an attention whore on the OWF to provide entertainment. My goal has always been to help the alliance that I'm in be one of the best alliances in CN. Most of the entertainment I provide is to my friends and those in my alliance. If you think what ninny is doing is so awesome, you should help his cause by joining Vox.

You have the right to do whatever you want IC. We have the right to mock you and call you a failure for it.

I am not sure what you think W-A-R was saying, but he wasn't calling anyone a failure. he said nice things about Nin and then said that if an entertaining start is such a bad thing, ask Vlad.

There are many trolls here on the OWF, and some may number me among them...but the leader of Vijar is not one of them.

I am not sure what you think W-A-R was saying, but he wasn't calling anyone a failure. he said nice things about Nin and then said that if an entertaining start is such a bad thing, ask Vlad.

There are many trolls here on the OWF, and some may number me among them...but the leader of Vijar is not one of them.

Mach, I do agree with that, which is why I'll point out the fact that he wasn't talking about W_A_R, but was talking about Vladmir Stuckov :P

3. My fellow ex- Purgers - Some of you blame the fall of Purge on it's leadership. The leadership had nothing to do with it. It was all TPF and it's coup of Purge. A good protector doesn't coup it's protectorate, EVER, even if they think it's for the good of the cause. That's getting too involved with the flow of the alliance. Purge would have lasted had Slayer not gotten involved. What good would the allianvce have been afterwards if it had survived after he got involved? It wouldn't have been any good.

4. Comrade Korey - Once again, another individual shout out. Where ever you are right now, I wish you luck in your endevors.

So, eventually, my buddy Comrade Korrey got into leadership in Purge and neither alliance was doing too great, so we merged and BOOM, that's when the fun started. Purge was probally the second most fun alliance I've been in next to Vox, just because of all the cool people and IRC. I remember a lot of conversations from that time period lol. Sadly, trouble seems to follow me and so Slayer came knocking on our door one day. It seems he has a crush on Starfox and got jelous that he was accepting aid from Oreo and not him. And so, in his jelous furry, he couped Purge, but OBM in charge (which, I guess I can't complain too much about that, OBM's kinda cool) and so eventually, we had to disband because Thomas had nothing better to do and enjoyed disbanding alliances. The part about Thomas isn't completely true, but it's much more entertaining then what really happened =p

Truth be told, the leadership DID kill PURGE. It would have been very simple for PURGE to merge with Vox Populi without causing a lot of drama. The reality of the situation was that a) all they needed to do was cancel the protectorate and wait 5 days until it expired to merge, and b ) be upfront about their intentions. Because PURGE didn't do that and under the political circumstances we believed that they were being pushed by NADC to merge in order to give validity to the first incarnation of Vox Populi (and chats with NADC gov at the time lend credence to that theory).

Secondly, we knew well in advance that NADC was going to be rolled because of multiple ties to BLEU. We felt that PURGE was being manipulated by NADC and that they were worth saving. We had a history with PURGE, fought beside them, and thought highly of them. That being said, I felt highly about the previous leadership of Bob Sanders and Strungy...Oreo, CK and Schatt...not so much. PURGE went downhill after they both left.

The truth of the matter is that Oreocookie, Comrade Korey, Schatt, killed the alliance. We went way above and beyond because we had a history with PURGE. In retrospect, for all the headaches and ex-post facto whining, we would have been better off letting you guys merge and get stomped. I was under the mistaken impression that PURGE was worth saving. There were people in PURGE worth saving, but not the alliance itself.

Edited by Slayer99

Truth be told, the leadership DID kill PURGE. It would have been very simple for PURGE to merge with Vox Populi without causing a lot of drama. The reality of the situation was that a) all they needed to do was cancel the protectorate and wait 5 days until it expired to merge, and b ) be upfront about their intentions. Because PURGE didn't do that and under the political circumstances we believed that they were being pushed by NADC to merge in order to give validity to the first incarnation of Vox Populi (and chats with NADC gov at the time lend credence to that theory).

Secondly, we knew well in advance that NADC was going to be rolled because of multiple ties to BLEU. We felt that PURGE was being manipulated by NADC and that they were worth saving. We had a history with PURGE, fought beside them, and thought highly of them. That being said, I felt highly about the previous leadership of Bob Sanders and Strungy...Oreo, CK and Schatt...not so much. PURGE went downhill after they both left.

The truth of the matter is that Oreocookie, Comrade Korey, Schatt, killed the alliance. We went way above and beyond because we had a history with PURGE. In retrospect, for all the headaches and ex-post facto whining, we would have been better off letting you guys merge and get stomped. I was under the mistaken impression that PURGE was worth saving. There were people in PURGE worth saving, but not the alliance itself.

Having been a member of PURGE during the Strungy/Bob Sanders era, and having seen the future leaders' actions as members, I am inclined to agree with you that it was the leaders that killed PURGE, regardless of the other circumstances that I know nothing about.