Nintenderek's 1000th day playing Cybernations

Nintenderek

FOR THE RECORD, BEFORE READING, MY OPINIONS ARE MINE, AND NOT THE OPINIONS OF MY ALLIANCE, MY PAST ALLIANCES, MY PAST PROTECTORS, THE NPO's, ADMIN's, GOD'S, MARTIN LUTHER KING'S, GEORGE W. BUSH'S OR ANYONE ELSE WHO'S OPINIONS THEY COULD BE. ALSO, THIS IS NOT A VOX PROPAGANDA TOPIC OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT, JUST A POST FOR MY 1000 DAYS IN CN. IF THAT BORES YOU, THEN DON'T READ IT.

Okay, now that's out of the air, since I can promise one of the first three posts would include something that I just said isn't true, on to the actual post.

GOLD flag

GOLD_Flag.PNG

ROFL Flag

rofl4.jpg

Purge Flag 1

purgefinal.jpg

Purge Flag 2

PurgeFlag40-1.jpg

Browncoats Flag

BrowncoatsFlag.png

SOAP Flag

Soapwarflag.png

Vox Populi Flag 1:

VoxFlagcopy2.jpg

Vox Populi Flag 2:

Vox7-2.png

I looked all over for some of those damn flags. But anyway WOW, a thousand days on Planet Bob. That's a lot. Not many people can say they've reached that accomplishment with one nation. Indeed, I am one of the proud and few. So I thought I'd make a thread congratulating myself. I'm going to do things in reverse order. Important shout outs first (and only the important ones this time) and history after, and maybe something else after that =P

1. My Ex Goldies - Too many people to name. I love you all, if any of you actually still exist from the time when I was there =P

2. Howso - I know you'd count in the above group, bit I wanted to name you seperately anyway. You were awesome. A genius in fact. Your idea to take out the NPO was revolutionay, too bad it had one fatal flaw. It was ahead of it's time. Had you waited one year to try and form YUT, everything might have worked out fine.

3. My fellow ex- Purgers - Some of you blame the fall of Purge on it's leadership. The leadership had nothing to do with it. It was all TPF and it's coup of Purge. A good protector doesn't coup it's protectorate, EVER, even if they think it's for the good of the cause. That's getting too involved with the flow of the alliance. Purge would have lasted had Slayer not gotten involved. What good would the allianvce have been afterwards if it had survived after he got involved? It wouldn't have been any good.

4. Comrade Korey - Once again, another individual shout out. Where ever you are right now, I wish you luck in your endevors.

5. My fellow ex-Browncoats - Some of you still blame the fall of BC on Schattenmann, Durim and I. Indeed, it was our Schattenmann's fault. But BC would have fallen anyway and to continue to blame Schattenmann (or anyone else who MIGHT have been involved) and be angry for the past is foolish of you. Everyone had it out for BC anyway, and it would have fallen one way or another eventually anyway.

6. The Chosen One - Get your head out of the clouds. If you keep acting the way you've acted in the past in SOAP, LOUD will get rolled. Your hunger for power only makes things worst. If you honestly think Vox killed SOAP, your quite wrong. The leadership did. The leadership who would be gone for months at a time, only checking in to collect taxes and pay bills once a week and still be allowed to stay in government for what they did before those months. Your CN leadership skills are quite bad. Your a good person OOC and a good members to have in an alliance, but please, give up your leadership position if you want to do what's best for LOUD, because I can promise your not it.

7. NPO, GGA, TPF, Valhalla and all their other allies making the current global hegemony of CN - Be proud. You've come a long way. In fact, I should really thank you for what you've done. Out of you, came something magnificent. You've now given me my first true home in CN. That home would be Vox Populi and it was created because of you. If not for you, Vox Populi wouldn't exist, and I'd probally be in some alliance, still switching from place to place every three months or so, just looking for one place to call home. I no longer switch alliances that often because you come knocking on the door to destroy the alliance I am in. GOLD, Purge, Browncoats, and in some ways, even SOAP, all destroyed by you. But you can't take away Vox Populi.

8. Vox Populi - My home, the only home on Planet Bob I've ever truely known. The members of Vox Populi truely are the best of Planet Bob. There's no other people I'd rather serve with. They are honorable. They are knowledgable. They are the best of the best. Joining Vox Populi was the best decision I've ever made. I've never had more fun in CN than I have had in Vox. In some ways, I hope our goal isn't accomplished, so we can continue to work on accomplishing it for the eternity of Planet Bob. It's been a lot of fun guys and I hope it continues to be a lot of fun for the next 1000.

So, now the shout outs are over, time for my history. I joined GOLD first. Was there maybe 4-5 months. Got on the Security Council, then UJW rolled around and GOLD got smashed, partially because of the war with NPO, partially internal stuff. If it was just one or the other, GOLD might have survived, but they both hit at the same time and so it didn't have the will.

Then I made one of my stupidest decisions in CN. I tried to found my own alliance. Got a couple GOLD buddies together and ROFL was formed. ROFL wasn't much fun. Too much work. There was one very important thing that happenned to me in ROFL though. I recruited this Ex GOON guy, who had just surrendered to IRON after the UJW. This Schattenmann guy (Maybe you've heard of him?) had a war guide, which meant for us, a MoW. We needed a MoW, and so I messaged his IRON councilor (DM I think?) and he talked to her on IRC and we found a way to get him in ROFL. This seemed so insignificant at the time, but it's actually probally the one event which has majorlly affected my CN career in the long run, as I've been in four different alliances with Schatt now =P

So, eventually, my buddy Comrade Korrey got into leadership in Purge and neither alliance was doing too great, so we merged and BOOM, that's when the fun started. Purge was probally the second most fun alliance I've been in next to Vox, just because of all the cool people and IRC. I remember a lot of conversations from that time period lol. Sadly, trouble seems to follow me and so Slayer came knocking on our door one day. It seems he has a crush on Starfox and got jelous that he was accepting aid from Oreo and not him. And so, in his jelous furry, he couped Purge, but OBM in charge (which, I guess I can't complain too much about that, OBM's kinda cool) and so eventually, we had to disband because Thomas had nothing better to do and enjoyed disbanding alliances. The part about Thomas isn't completely true, but it's much more entertaining then what really happened =p

Then I joined Browncoats. I got a position in the education section and eventually became MoD. When Schattenmann told me of his plan to fake a war, I thought the rest of the government should know, and so I posted the logs in the government section of the alliance, which should have been secure. Unlucky for me, they weren't, as the MoIA (Who had gone inactive for a month before this) finally got online, read the logs, threw a hissy fit and posted them on the CN forums. He chose a perfect time to become active again =P

So, I took a break for a while after the whole BC thing, and eventually, my buddy American Clam convinced me to join his alliance, and I thought there was some potential. I was wrong. I've been asked more then once why I left SOAP. Here's why, it was a mess. Leadership would go missing for long periods of time (weeks, even months) and I would frequently be the only member of government online when situations arose, which somehow, they did all the freaking time. Everyone took the game lightly, which although isn't a bad thing since it is just a game, wasn't the type of thing I enjoyed being part of. It didn't work, especially since all 32 members of the alliance wanted a government position, but none of them were ever active except for like five. Not only did they want power, they also wanted aid. Lots of aid, but none of them were willing to give any. And so I talked to our protectors in Pegasus. They weren't willing to give us any either. And so, I'd listen to the begging and pleading for aid and power every day for hours on end, telling people it would happen eventually, and they needed to help their alliance more before it could help them and nobody ever listened. Needless to say, it got very tiring after a while, especially after our own allies threatened to roll us for me having an opinion on the OWF that didn't agree with theirs. Finally, I got tired of being allied to the wrong people and I just left three days before Vox was founded. I believe I left on the exact day Hyperion was declared on.

So, I joined my friend Cello's alliance APP for three days and saw Vox was founded and immetiatly left to join them for two reasons. One, I will get back to later in the story. The other was a conversation involving King_srqt, Doitzel, Za-duhm, Starfox and several others in #cn_politics one day, in which Za-duhm tried to defend OOC attacks. I will never forget that conversation and it lead me to the best decision ever I've ever made. I think you all know the rest and so I won't bother you too much with it.

Overall, it's been an interesting 1000 days here on Planet Bob, especially the first half when I went unalligned and got attacked all the time =P

Generally, if you don't know I like you, I probably hate you IC of course. Most of you, I don't dislike OOC. In fact, a lot of Vox Populi's enemies I hear are pretty cool OOC. However, I certainly don't agree with you IC. NPO, you have betrayed your allies and call it honorable, but when someone else does it to you, you call them the scum of the earth. Your military is terrible. I've been out of peace mode for almost three months now and nobody from NPO has attacked me. You have 900 nations, plus countless allies. You'd think I would be good training for your applicants or something like that, since I don't even have the money in my nation to fight back, yet no attacks have happened on my nation. At this rate, getting to 2000 days will be easy. Your leadership is incompetent, regularly shutting people up for not saying what they want them to say. And don't even get me started on your economic affairs. You can deny them being in a bad shape all you want, but I have an interesting story to tell. Remember that other reason I told you about earlier?

Well, let me tell you a story about an RL friend of mine, who once lead a great alliance. He was chilling on IRC one day, when a member of NPO comes into his alliance channel. The conversation keeps going on. Eventually, the conversation goes into CN politics. The NPO had just rolled someone that day and it made my friend somewhat mad. He called the emperor of the NPO a joke of a leader. Those are his exact words. Needless to say, the NPO member went to his emperor, and my friend's nation was attacked the next time he logged in. He went to Moo about it and he was assured, it was just a normal ZI. If he didn't fight back, he'd be left off at zero infrastructure. He didn't fight back and just let it happen. When he reached ZI, he kept being attacked. He got on IRC and waited an hour for Moo to reply to his querry, but he never did, so he kept querying members of NPO government, until finally, someone answered is querry and informed him he had been moved to PZI. No reason for it. He'd taken his punishment nicely, which he didn't deserve in the first place, and they made it harsher on him.

Now, what does this have to do with the NPO economy you ask? On his reroll, he decided the alliance which brought him down, owed him something, and so he joined them to leach off of them. He contributed as any good member of an alliance would, and eventually asked for aid. It took them a week to even file the request, and after a month, the aid still hadn't come. I'm sure the NPO banking system is still the same way to this day, even with tech.

I could go on all day with stories of my days here on Bob. I've had a thousand of them, each just as interesting as the last, but alas that would just turn into another Vox Populi thread, and that's not what this thread was meant to be. First I reached 1000 posts. Now I've been here 1000 days. Have I made an impact? I'd like to think so, as anyone would. I've done a lot. I've had the crap trolled out of me (which I'm sure will happen again in this thread) and have had people query me on IRC whom I didn't even know treating me like a friend for the way I am on the OWF. Which leads me to one last story before I stop this post.

One day, on SOAP IRC, I found myself alone in the channel for the most part. It was late at night, and not many other members of SOAP were on at that time of night. Eventually, someone posted an auto message for a channel they were in, I forget what channel, but it was a small alliance at the time that I hadn't heard of. I don't usually join channels just because an auto message tells me too, but I decided to that day. I joined the channel, and was given opps right away. The people of the alliance treated me like a friend and called me and I quote "an OWF celebrity," and treated me like a member of their alliance. I watched several more people from other alliances join and be treated the same way. I almost joined that alliance that night. They were some of the nicest people I've met in all my days here on Planet Bob, and it's for that tiny alliance I continue to fight for.

So, what does a 1000 days mean to me? It means a lot of hours spent on a tiny unimportant computer game. It means lots of friends I've made on IRC and just as many enemies on the OWF. It means the time I spent typing up this damn thing, announcing my nation is 1000 days old. But most importantly, it means party in #Nintenderek :D

Everyone is invited, friend and enemy alike, no matter what I think of them IC. That's right, no matter if your NPO, STA, MK, Vox Populi, FAN, GR, NpO, IRON or any other AA (Because there are too many of them) your welcome to come join me for some chips and salsa and maybe root beer? Depends on what everyone brings to the party. Just tell the door man that Nin invited you, he'll understand, and yes HeinousOne, you can come too, just leave the attitude at the door. I welcome to all to come celebrate this glorious achievement of 1000 days of CN with me :D

Hope to see you all there soon :D

tl;dr: Nintenderek is an attention whore

EDIT: Spelling, what is it good for anyway?

Edited by Nintenderek

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. My Ex Goldies - Too many people to name. I love you all, if any of you actually still exist from the time when I was there =P

tl;dr: Nintenderek is an attention whore

o/ that.

We're still here, some of us doing better than others apparently . . .

5. My fellow ex-Browncoats - Some of you still blame the fall of BC on Schattenmann, Durim and I. Indeed, it was our Schattenmann's fault. But BC would have fallen anyway and to continue to blame Schattenmann (or anyone else who MIGHT have been involved) and be angry for the past is foolish of you. Everyone had it out for BC anyway, and it would have fallen one way or another eventually anyway.

I for one dont blame BC's death on Schatt's bubblegum war schenanigans, had it turned out the way it should have I think it would be one of the greater FA masterpieces in CN history, and I do not blame him for trying. I personally have moved on from the whole experience, but I will say this. When you say that BC was doomed to fail because everyone had it out for us, you are right, and it was because of what certain members did while in BC that we got such a reputation that we always had to be watching our war screens come update. I dont blame you guys, at least not anymore. It's just a quirk of fate that BC finally kicked the bucket on y'alls watch, it was certainly sputtering when I was there.

Heres to another 1000 days ninten.

Well, let me tell you a story about an RL friend of mine, who once lead a great alliance. He was chilling on IRC one day, when a member of NPO comes into his alliance channel. The conversation keeps going on. Eventually, the conversation goes into CN politics. The NPO had just rolled someone that day and it made my friend somewhat mad. He called the emperor of the NPO a joke of a leader.

Something I remember all to well, even now.