Greetings from Brackwaters!

General Specific

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would troll you, but in all honosty I can't think of anything to say...

So i'll just great you nicely like a normal person.

Welcome to Cybernations, Mr. Specific. I hope you enjoy your time here.

On another note.

o hai hick-a-sony-er

arent u in dat aurora alliance or suumtinhg??

Yeeeah... :ph34r:

Ideally, I'd like to find an alliance for Brackwaters that is diplomacy-dominated, with no one aligned to Vox Populi or NPO, I think?

I doubt there are many that fit this stipulation

I admire the posting styles of (sometimes, but not always) of Bob Janova and King Squirt, but not sure how many others do, so probably should not say this yet. Ooops.

Its SrGt. not Squirt.

Welcome to Planet Bob, i am sure you will fit right in.

What exactly do you mean by diplomacy dominated?

There is an ages-old struggle on Planet Bob between those who think our nations can only have meaning through war and those who, in numerous forms, disagree strongly with that premise.

I find the dramas of avoiding war more exciting than seeking it, but I also am not of the "neutral," opinion-less cut that would find a home for me in the GPA. ;)

I doubt there are many that fit this stipulation

Its SrGt. not Squirt.

Welcome to Planet Bob, i am sure you will fit right in.

Thanks, I listened to King Squirt aka King Circuit aka SrGt on AirMe's radio show about how people butcher his name, and figured I could have some fun here. This also is why I like writing Gr:amlins with a colon inside of an umlaut since I have read how Bob Janova really gets a kick out of seeing how many ways people can mangle that alliance name. :lol:

Ideally, I'd like to find an alliance for Brackwaters that is diplomacy-dominated, with no one aligned to Vox Populi or NPO, I think?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry, it's not possible. With the way the treaty web works, everyone is allied to one of those two alliances right now, either directly, or indirectly. You'll have to wait for some treaty cancellations if you really want that.

The closest you'll be able to come is probably MK or GR.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry, it's not possible. With the way the treaty web works, everyone is allied to one of those two alliances right now, either directly, or indirectly. You'll have to wait for some treaty cancellations if you really want that.

I was wondering how long that'd go unchallenged! :P

As luck would have it, overnight, I exchanged several message with an NPO recruiter, assuring me they are not as evil as they might portray themselves here. I also received many nice and friendly messages from many other alliances, which is nice and something I will not forget.

I probably should fade away now and observe for a whie, since my tiny 10-base infrastructure nation may find most happiness unaligned for now, on red, NPO permitting.

Thanks to all, this "hello world" was fun!

Edited by General Specific

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Actually, not to try to peddle our influence or anything, but WAPA's got no treaty stronger than ODP and we have no treaty with either Order or VP. Our biggest treatied friends are GR and TOOL. ^^d Feels like more like a Safety Net than a Spider's Web. ;)

Edited by Vanadrin Failing

Actually, not to try to peddle our influence or anything, but WAPA's got no treaty stronger than ODP and we have no treaty with either Order or VP. Our biggest treatied friends are GR and TOOL. ^^d Feels like more like a Safety Net than a Spider's Web. ;)

I don't know much about WAPA, but I'm sure with one of your treaties below ODP, your indirectly attached to NPO in some way. The only real exception I can think of is GPA.

Actually, I think there are plenty of smaller alliances who aren't tied to either the NPO or Vox Populi. Many of their protectors are tied directly or indirectly to the NPO, but there are still some that have no ties to those. These types of alliances tend not to have too much political sway, so that may not be what you're looking for, but I'm just throwing it out there.

Actually, I think there are plenty of smaller alliances who aren't tied to either the NPO or Vox Populi. Many of their protectors are tied directly or indirectly to the NPO, but there are still some that have no ties to those. These types of alliances tend not to have too much political sway, so that may not be what you're looking for, but I'm just throwing it out there.

Good point. ;)

Welcome back Mr. Specific.

Have you considered a career path leading to PhD. and the Priesthood?

Professionally you would be Father, the right Reverend, Doctor General Specific.

Presently I am enjoying this maiden run as the first leader of a nation of some 170 persons. The pay sure stinks when your nation only generates roughly $2,000 in daily revenue, but maybe if I hold my breath that will change. The Right Reverend, Doctor is a catchy title, but medicine men and characters with divine purposes make significant segments of our population more than a little nervous.

Thanks for the question and consideration, Miss Half Empty with the shifty-eyed Orangulisa. :)

There is an ages-old struggle on Planet Bob between those who think our nations can only have meaning through war and those who, in numerous forms, disagree strongly with that premise.

I find the dramas of avoiding war more exciting than seeking it, but I also am not of the "neutral," opinion-less cut that would find a home for me in the GPA. ;)

Welcome to CN, General Specific. I like you. You seem like a nice guy with a good head on your shoulders. In the past, I have been part of both a medium-sized alliance in the middle of the treaty web, and in the GPA, and I have to say that you have the right idea. Your best bet for finding an alliance outside the treaty web is to look at the very small alliances. A good number of those alliances have no military treaties aside from their protector.

I'll refrain from trying to reel you in with some kind of offer, since I don't think that's what you intended by making this thread. I don't think it would accomplish much at the moment anyway, since our forums are down this weekend for an upgrade. However, you seem like a active, smart guy, and I just can't help myself. I invite you to view some of the background info on us on the wiki and in our declaration of existence from a while back.

Either way, I hope you stick around, and keep an active presence here on the forums. We could certainly use some more intelligent posters. Good luck out there.

Welcome to CN, General Specific. I like you. You seem like a nice guy with a good head on your shoulders. In the past, I have been part of both a medium-sized alliance in the middle of the treaty web, and in the GPA, and I have to say that you have the right idea. Your best bet for finding an alliance outside the treaty web is to look at the very small alliances. A good number of those alliances have no military treaties aside from their protector.

I'll refrain from trying to reel you in with some kind of offer, since I don't think that's what you intended by making this thread. I don't think it would accomplish much at the moment anyway, since our forums are down this weekend for an upgrade. However, you seem like a active, smart guy, and I just can't help myself. I invite you to view some of the background info on us on the wiki and in our declaration of existence from a while back.

Either way, I hope you stick around, and keep an active presence here on the forums. We could certainly use some more intelligent posters. Good luck out there.

Thanks for the nice sentiment and information. I think I am just like everyone else here, trying be friendly even though I know everyone does not agree about everything, and the more I write here the more likely I will lose friends... or perhaps gain a few.

I think I'll be staying unaligned now, and may have to rethink my initial NPO/Vox paradigm rejection in the OP. Being unaligned with the freedom to post my opinions here without endangering an alliance seems quite a luxury, the limits of which I'd like to see how far I can push.

I do, however, realize that in truth I am not really unaligned at all now since I reside in the red sphere. If it were not for this nice raid free zone established by the NPO, my introductory posts here probably would have been myopic rants about the evils of tech raiding. Now, I just need to learn how not to get kicked out of the red trade sphere. :blush:

What a curious nation name you have there, General Specific. A little like your own name which says much without saying anything at all.

I'm not one for digging up the past (and I'm certain yours would be very entertaining) but I would love to know the source of your nation's nomenclature.

Oh, please enjoy your honeymoon period on Digiterra. I hear that there are many attractive places to visit this time of year.

What a curious nation name you have there, General Specific. A little like your own name which says much without saying anything at all.

I'm not one for digging up the past (and I'm certain yours would be very entertaining) but I would love to know the source of your nation's nomenclature.

Oh, please enjoy your honeymoon period on Digiterra. I hear that there are many attractive places to visit this time of year.

I have to keep reminding myself this is an OOC area and I don't need to keep replying like I'm playing the game here.

There is no connection to the alliance Blackwater, whatsoever. I was reading a book recently that mentioned the brackish waters that plagued the English in early Jamestown, and that's all there is to that.

Thanks again for the questions and sentiments and thanks to you as too Machiabelly!