The need for a dedicated CNRP subforum

Manetheren

I think we all can agree that canon CNRP in the Fantasy RP subforum has been cluttered by the new CNRPS and CNRP R threads. While the people involved in those RPs have every right to do so, canon CNRP needs a subforum of its own that can be easily tracked by the participants of CNRP without clutter.

For those of you who doubt me:

We are not giving an entire subforum just to a single RP. Doing so creates all sorts of problems with moderation, especially of rules created by players rather than moderators. You are all complaining that not having your threads pinned stifles your RP and ruins your structure -- what of other RPs? Does it not ruin their chances to grow and develop the way CNRP has if all the threads pinned at the top of the forum are dedicated to CNRP, or worse if CNRP has its own subforum? It is special treatment to a certain community. The means to conduct your RP are at your disposal already and you can do it without having an entire forum to yourself.

I think we all can agree that canon CNRP in the Fantasy RP subforum has been cluttered by the new CNRPS and CNRP R threads. While the people involved in those RPs have every right to do so, canon CNRP needs a subforum of its own that can be easily tracked by the participants of CNRP without clutter.

CNRP came first, and the name CNRP says it all anyway. I agree with this topic

Snape has hinted more recently after that post that he may be making one. He's also said that the reason why there isn't one already is that it takes alot of work.

...I'm about halfway through with this but it's been a busy day and will be a busy weekend. I am shooting for Sunday...

Snape has hinted more recently after that post that he may be making one. He's also said that the reason why there isn't one already is that it takes alot of work.

REALLY? I'm a forum admin and mod for the RL sports league I play in and never found setting up new forums and sub-forums to be that much work.

While this may be agreeable, the mods have stated that they will not create a subforum for CNRP as it would be "sanctioning."

So when we were in News Reports, sticking a lot of threads that were only in regards to CNRP wasn't "sanctioning"? When people tried to RP other races or anything and they were stopped, it wasn't because CNRP was the official one? Humph.

REALLY? I'm a forum admin and mod for the RL sports league I play in and never found setting up new forums and sub-forums to be that much work.

Yea, wondering that. Maybe since there are many levels of moderation they have to clear it? I have no idea.

How about a separate sub-forum for any RP with 20 or more active players.

That way the mods will not officially endorse any of them.

It will just be good forum housekeeping and keep related threads in their own sub-forum and not all jumbled together.

Edited by Vasili Markov

How about a separate sub-forum for any RP with 20 or more active players.

That way the mods will not officially endorse any of them.

It will just be good forum housekeeping and keep related threads in their own sub-forum and not all jumbled together.

Thats a good idea, and will allow organization, with no endorsement.

So.

In game Roleplay

CyberNations Roleplay

Aegis

Fantasy RP.

So far at least.

(oh, btw, CNRP and CNRP -R should be merged, with the new CNRP-R rules applied to CNRP)

A few things would... therminographs and SOSUSs would need to be cut back on, some planes and ships wouldn't be allowed. GM structure would need some reform (btw, as I said in CN RP Rs Opening Topic, I in no way long term wanna become GM, so before thats said you can dispell that.)

A few things would... therminographs and SOSUSs would need to be cut back on, some planes and ships wouldn't be allowed. GM structure would need some reform (btw, as I said in CN RP Rs Opening Topic, I in no way long term wanna become GM, so before thats said you can dispell that.)

Look, only I have one of the first, and everybody just way over estimates the second, so not really much.

They make more sense because they havn't been assulted by RPer creations yet.

CN-RP R requires everyone to post their custom creates in fact books which are to be easy to find, and can be critiqued by everyone, rather than having to go back into the archives and look up these weapons.