The need for a dedicated CNRP subforum

Manetheren

CN-RP R requires everyone to post their custom creates in fact books which are to be easy to find, and can be critiqued by everyone, rather than having to go back into the archives and look up these weapons.

But why do it in CNRP-R, it could be done in CNRP easily.

Edited by President Aliyev

But why do it in CNRP-R, it could be done in CNRP easily.

Because I like multiple others become disillusioned with the way people are treated by the GMs in that game OOC based on whether their IC actions are on one side or not. I am also disillusioned with the excuse that if we didn't see it, its our fault for not objecting. I would rather create a new system that has a fresh start. I am tired of being treated like !@#$ in #cnrp because I am fighting a war that the GMs don't see eye to eye with us ICly.

Because I like multiple others become disillusioned with the way people are treated by the GMs in that game OOC based on whether their IC actions are on one side or not. I am also disillusioned with the excuse that if we didn't see it, its our fault for not objecting. I would rather create a new system that has a fresh start. I am tired of being treated like !@#$ in #cnrp because I am fighting a war that the GMs don't see eye to eye with us ICly.

Well, i support CNRP-R because i would like to see its rules enforced in the standard CNRP just to experience some real-politik and people actually roleplaying things happening in their in-game country rather then rerolls and unrealistic situations (like roleplaying wars and not even considering damages in their countries, or nuking and not being sanctioned). So i like the rules of CNRP-R, sometimes being strict doesen't mean being unfair, but i would like to see CNRP improved with international organizations, international laws, something in the real world are the basic for international politics.

Yes, CNRP-R should be default CNRP. It would be/is nice to just restart with a fresh world. I'd join it if I wasn't too busy with CNRPS and RL.

I think there hasn't been international laws/international organizations because people are too busy to do the tasks for that kind of stuff, research, etc. A UN-ish organization was attempted to be made, but then shut down due to it being useless.

Because I like multiple others become disillusioned with the way people are treated by the GMs in that game OOC based on whether their IC actions are on one side or not.

You're tired of someone speaking an opinion?

I am also disillusioned with the excuse that if we didn't see it, its our fault for not objecting. I would rather create a new system that has a fresh start.

That's always how it has been. People shouldn't need to be forced to make factbooks and other things.

I am tired of being treated like !@#$ in #cnrp because I am fighting a war that the GMs don't see eye to eye with us ICly.

I don't see why you need to !@#$%* and whine about the GMs, who haven't let OOC interact with their decisions. Even if I wasn't a GM I'd still be berating for you on it, no matter if I had ops or not or if I was a GM or even if I wasn't playing. It's an opinion, you don't have to listen to it.

All I see about this is:

"I'm tired of having someone criticise me"

"let's flame the GMs"

I don't disagree that this is a good step. However, the only differences between CNRP and CNRP® is:

-you need a factbook

-infra is a lot more underpowered than it should be

-the tech scale is weird

I agree with this statement.

I don't see why you need to !@#$%* and whine about the GMs, who haven't let OOC interact with their decisions. Even if I wasn't a GM I'd still be berating for you on it, no matter if I had ops or not or if I was a GM or even if I wasn't playing. It's an opinion, you don't have to listen to it.

Your a GM, its your job to exercise self restraint and hold your tongue for appearing not bias. You instead are clearly on one side of every issue, and quite frankly NOT trustworthy to half the CN RP community. That is an issue.

I don't disagree that this is a good step. However, the only differences between CNRP and CNRP® is:

-you need a factbook

-infra is a lot more underpowered than it should be

-the tech scale is weird

In my opinion, that's a fundamental part of the roleplay. Developing your country is not only invading and randomly declaring war, but actually roleplaying the society, of your country, the politicians, the people, not only military but economy and politics and social issues or internal problems.

The fact book prevent people from saying "Hey, i had a super space ion barrier on my capital, you can't bomb me". If it's not in the factbook, it didn't happen, and the factbook makes a difference between roleplaying your ingame nation and roleplaying the randomness.

I think there should be a separate forum for the long established CNRP, which was the purpose that the forum was essentially created.

There were other RP's quite a long time ago and they where forced to leave because they crowded the forums.

Of course I think they also didnt base anything off CN stats at all so it wasn't really CNRP

CNRP should not have its own subforums. Doing so will make unrecognition impossible, and those that want to unrecognize anything will be forced to debate it out with those that recognize it, and will end up with tons of OOC debating.

In my opinion, that's a fundamental part of the roleplay. Developing your country is not only invading and randomly declaring war, but actually roleplaying the society, of your country, the politicians, the people, not only military but economy and politics and social issues or internal problems.

The fact book prevent people from saying "Hey, i had a super space ion barrier on my capital, you can't bomb me". If it's not in the factbook, it didn't happen, and the factbook makes a difference between roleplaying your ingame nation and roleplaying the randomness.

Sad part is we had detailed and fleshed out the formation of the Dragon Empire.. and it got ripped to shreds good with the bad. I miss the role-play around that immensely.