Vox Populi Announcement

A couple points:

First, lol banned member. He would have gotten away with it again, if it wasn't for those meddling Vox kids. :awesome:

Second, did RAD know who IrishEyes was? Because he certainly spent a lot of time making himself look like an actual member of that alliance.

Third, is Vox relevant? Probably. Their membership comes from all corners of Planet Bob, and many of them contributed in very major ways to building what they now fight against. They're more than another Terry Howard or Ephriam Grey. I don't agree with everything Vox says, and it's often boring, but then again, they produce enough good stuff to keep me interested in their announcements. After all, relevancy is a connection with a certain matter, in this case interalliance politics, and judging by the responses they provoke from people of many alliances, I would say that's a connection. But then again, perhaps this is all irrelevant to the original point. :P

Edited by Katsumi

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About the banned member. Congrats I guess, this thread would have died and stayed dead if the conversation remained about that though. It's pretty inventive how you guys use the power of suggestion to suggest that people NOT talk about your relevance in this thread. You had to know that would mean people would have to do such?

Either way, Vox is obviously relevant, your threads and the threads you have invaded en masse become a buzz with activity. That doesnt make you relevant like in the same manner that other alliances strive to be relevant in but I guess that makes you guys special in your own sort of way. No, I am not saying that as an insult.

If you guys appreciate your relevance though, I wouldnt be pushing for any world changing wars though as the lack of activity has created an atmosphere ripe for your rising. If the world gets some bigger entertainment, the audience at your stage might dwindle. Until then, I will continue to be a patron to your shows as they are generally the most :popcorn: worthy shows out there. Once again, that is not an insult. Though I might have to clarify that considering past dealings.

Edited by HeinousOne

Eh, I remained unconvinced. You and Vox Populi as a whole simply suffer from a Napoleon complex. I can't count the amount of times I've heard a Vox Populi member say, "Oh yeah, well if we're so irrelevant than how come fill in the blank.?!?!?

Yelling really loudly and writing checks with your mouths that your butts could never hope to cash does not make you relevant, just annoying. Making announcements that people like responding to in order to rip them apart does not make the content of the announcement relevant, it's just a really juicy target. I hope I've cleared up these misconceptions you've held, Schattenman.

Yes. I did not exist prior to Vox Populi. Good job.

ok... I stated that the reason Dilber has such relevance on these forums is due to his in-game position.

Your logic for me being 'completely incorrect' is that you can make us all dance like little monkeys? :unsure:

Yes, you correlate [OOC] forum relevance to in-game position[OOC] with disregard to the simple fact that correlation does not equal causation. I've been playing my accordion for two years with little to no [OOC]in-game position[/OOC]. Relevance is about ability to garner attention and create discussion, neither of which is dependent on that factor.

Vox certainly plays a large role setting the tone on these forums and to a lesser extent with the spread of information and rumors. The question is how much the tone of the forums and those other acts really matter compared to other channels.

banned member is not a member of Vox Populi. Also, apparently he forgot that we have a government now, and this is what I'm doing about it. Additionally, we're the ones that brought down the hammer of Admin upon the head of his new identity

I can scarcely find words to express my mingled amusement and pleasure at yet another demonstration that VoxPopuli has begun to conform to the status quo and to follow the established rules of CN.

I feel that it is only a matter of time before VP begins sentencing dissenters to PZI and join the MDP web.

Tools. :D

I can scarcely find words to express my mingled amusement and pleasure at yet another demonstration that VoxPopuli has begun to conform to the status quo and to follow the established rules of CN.

I feel that it is only a matter of time before VP begins sentencing dissenters to PZI and join the MDP web.

Tools. :D

OOC: Yes, removing OOC attackers from our ranks clearly shows we are conforming to the status quo. No, I daresay expelling a member who makes vile threats and attacks on another player would actually make us unlike NPO.

Edited by Moridin

You're making an assumption that publicity is a tool that will advance their interests. I actually believe the opposite, that the more publicity Vox Populi enjoys, the better it is for us. Sort of like FAN.

If you give them publicity, people will notice. The more people that notice, the greater the odds of someone thinking they are right and end up joining them, or at least supporting them. So, odds are that you are giving them the chance to grow every time you bump a Vox thread.

You mean Jason didn't tell you?

Shocking.

At some point you'll figure out there are lines you don't cross, even in the name of "justice".

I spoke with 'Irisheyes' a few nights ago and had no clue who he was other than a RAD member. J8 wouldn't risk eternal damnation for someone he booted from \m/. banned member covered his tracks well this time, but not well enough.

If you give them publicity, people will notice. The more people that notice, the greater the odds of someone thinking they are right and end up joining them, or at least supporting them. So, odds are that you are giving them the chance to grow every time you bump a Vox thread.

Exactly, as they join Vox Populi we can shoot them down. Vox Populi has been a remarkable success at consolidating enemies of civilization into one big target. I'd hazard a guess Doitzel really works for NPO and starfox and co are his tools. :ehm:

The thing is, is that in all circumstances it works out well for us. The least competent and most foolish will join Vox openly, making them fish in a barrel and quite irrelevant. Smarter people will not join and may sympathize with Vox's ideals, likely out of a sense of idealism, but as time passes will not actively do anything and will eventually realize assisting Vox was a big mistake. People who sympathize with Vox out of some personal moral tenets or concepts of honor neutralize themselves and are usually self destructive when entrusted with any power. Spies aren't really a concern in the modern era because alliances and leaders have with experience created effective countermeasures that reduce a spies ability to collect intel. Anybody who actually could do damage on behalf of Vox's cause will be the calculating, intelligent/intelligentsia type, and as such will either see right through Vox Populi and reject them, or manipulate Vox and it's sympathizers for their own gain and so it settles out for us.

This is why I am confident that publicity hurts Vox and helps us in the long run. Keep cranking out those topics guys.

At some point you'll figure out there are lines you don't cross, even in the name of "justice".

I spoke with 'Irisheyes' a few nights ago and had no clue who he was other than a RAD member. J8 wouldn't risk eternal damnation for someone he booted from \m/. banned member covered his tracks well this time, but not well enough.

I'm sure Jason had no idea who this random ex-\m/ember with a working knowledge of current politics and an intricate knowledge of past politics could possibly be, having worked with and against him before. I find it hard to believe that I could figure it out in one conversation but Jason, who knew the person in question far better than I, was totally oblivious and not at all suspicious after days of this member being within his ranks.

But it's of no consequence to me.

Anybody who actually could do damage on behalf of Vox's cause will be the calculating, intelligent/intelligentsia type, and as such will either see right through Vox Populi and reject them, or manipulate Vox and it's sympathizers for their own gain and so it settles out for us.

You have such a blind overconfidence on everything anti-Vox. It's really cute. You seem to forget that about half of the "intelligentsia" that made this world what it is is in that camp. I would be surprised if they are just relying on announcements to get something accomplished.

Exactly, as they join Vox Populi we can shoot them down. Vox Populi has been a remarkable success at consolidating enemies of civilization into one big target. I'd hazard a guess Doitzel really works for NPO and starfox and co are his tools. :ehm:

The thing is, is that in all circumstances it works out well for us. The least competent and most foolish will join Vox openly, making them fish in a barrel and quite irrelevant. Smarter people will not join and may sympathize with Vox's ideals, likely out of a sense of idealism, but as time passes will not actively do anything and will eventually realize assisting Vox was a big mistake. People who sympathize with Vox out of some personal moral tenets or concepts of honor neutralize themselves and are usually self destructive when entrusted with any power. Spies aren't really a concern in the modern era because alliances and leaders have with experience created effective countermeasures that reduce a spies ability to collect intel. Anybody who actually could do damage on behalf of Vox's cause will be the calculating, intelligent/intelligentsia type, and as such will either see right through Vox Populi and reject them, or manipulate Vox and it's sympathizers for their own gain and so it settles out for us.

This is why I am confident that publicity hurts Vox and helps us in the long run. Keep cranking out those topics guys.

You know, people have been saying that for over half a year now.

The thing is, is that in all circumstances it works out well for us. The least competent and most foolish will join Vox openly, making them fish in a barrel and quite irrelevant. Smarter people will not join and may sympathize with Vox's ideals, likely out of a sense of idealism, but as time passes will not actively do anything and will eventually realize assisting Vox was a big mistake. People who sympathize with Vox out of some personal moral tenets or concepts of honor neutralize themselves and are usually self destructive when entrusted with any power.

Just because you believe something isn't right doesn't mean that people will naturally gravitate towards it. Who has been self-destructive agreeing with Vox? Your argument here is lacking in any kind of supporting evidence.

Spies aren't really a concern in the modern era because alliances and leaders have with experience created effective countermeasures that reduce a spies ability to collect intel. Anybody who actually could do damage on behalf of Vox's cause will be the calculating, intelligent/intelligentsia type, and as such will either see right through Vox Populi and reject them, or manipulate Vox and it's sympathizers for their own gain and so it settles out for us.

How does people supposedly "manipulating" Vox always supposed to settle out for your gain?

Personally I'd like to know if we're such easy targets, why hasn't the NPO delivered the killing blow? We are still quite capable of doing damage to the Pacifican image abroad. I think your arrogance shall be your undoing, to coin a phrase.