Caesar’s Total War Roguery Guide

Republic of Roma

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been following your war efforts closely, and I was very impressed.

He lasted over a month with only 75 million dollars at the beginning. Amazing.

I don't suppose your loving attitude has anything to do with the fact he just sent you aid a couple days ago does it?

Anyways nice little guide Caesar, enjoy being ZI'd.

Edited by Rickyman1984

I forgot to add the tech-to-infra ratio. The amount of technology should be very low because technology has very little effect in war when it comes to the majority of your opponents, who will have high infra but less tech. I found that technology wore me down and got me in a NS range that did not give me the greatest advantage. This was not true in the past during diskord's time, but now I believe it does. It is better to have 2-3 times more infra than tech, even when going rogue because there will be more troops available to defend and attack, and there is very little chance your opponents will have as much tech as you since the majority of alliances pump up their smallest nations with tech deals. Even nations above 5000 infra act as factories for tech to sell, and most of the time they will not have over a 1000 tech. This is a trend that is set in stone on CN because a lot of smaller nations have no other way of growing and catching up with the largest of nations that have been here for over a year. With the cap on aid at $3 million, a nation can take so much, even with donations and wars.

I will add the above to my guide. This guide started at the beginning of the year, and I added a little bit at a time until I finally stopped launching nukes.

Edited by Republic of Roma

Hmm, how many trolls does it take to get the center of a rogue who's been ripping NPO to shreds for over a month now? Keep on licking.

Anyway it's a nice guide. Glad I was able to help, wish you the best in your war efforts. I would say good luck, but you really don't need too much luck. :)

PROma.

Edited by Jofna

So you lasted for a month cause you picked 3 semi-inactive sdi'less noobs. After selling 33% of your infra.

Being outta range for the more active knowledgeable fighters isnt classy.

Maybe NPO can ask FAN or VOX to help them out next, they know everything about good fighters below 15k ns

Very nice...

Edited by oinkoink12

Hmm, how many trolls does it take to get the center of a rogue who's been ripping NPO to shreds for over a month now? Keep on licking.

"Ripping NPO to shreds?" Funny, I wouldn't even know he existed had he not made a thread outlining his exploits. He really hasn't made any kind of dent to Pacifica at all.

OOC: Interesting read. Sounds like you've been having fun with it and that's the important part, I suppose. I'm surprised that you've been going this long with only $75 million in your warchest. I guess selling off your Infra really reduced your bills so you went through it slower, eh? If someone did what you're doing with a $1 billion warchest they'd last close to a year.

You're no Diskord my friend. I will however give your guide a more thorough read later. :rolleyes:

Don't forget that son of a !@#$%*, greenacres. He was a terrible, terrible man.

Or, if I were charles barkley, he'd be just turrible.

although I must say, this is a fairly decent guide, but it could do with some condensing. It's a lot to read through, and the points he made are spread out, but there are some definite good points to be had there.

It's a different tactic from the one I had in mind, but honestly, there's no one right way to go nuclear rogue, and the more information there is about the subject, about any subject that has to do with tactics on Planet Bob, the better.

Diskord's guide is out dated by now, greenacre's guide is getting there, though it's still feasible, and this guide is a good update to both of them. Good job. Try to condense it though, make it point form if you can.

So you lasted for a month cause you picked 3 semi-inactive sdi'less noobs. After selling 33% of your infra.

Maybe NPO can ask FAN or VOX to help them out next, they know everything about good fighters below 15k ns

Very nice...

You have to understand though, when someone decides to go rogue, they're no long playing by conventional rules. Any ideas of class or honour or whatever you may have no longer apply to them, nor should it.

The rogue's first and only job is to cause as much damage as possible within their own means, and if that means shrinking down in size to do as much damage to lower nations as possible, for as long as possible, then that's what they're going to do. There are plenty of ways to go rogue, some people choose to not think it through or plan it out, and simply attack people they don't like, not realizing that they'll soon be beaten down and those they attacked will soon be built back up. Others choose to plan things out, like he seems to have.

Very nice...

You say that as if nobody "classy" has ever 3-on-1ed nations half their size . . .

Here is Diskord's topic:

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Cyber_Nations/...showtopic=63495

Notice how NPO was a lot nicer back then. Unfortunately that guide only applied for the top 5% of nations on CN because only they could purchase nukes during a war and possibly launch as many nukes as I did. My guide applies (I did the math on this) over 20% of CN and over because all you need are some good wonders, a Manhattan project, and a uranium trade. But for some reason I'm not taken very lightly by NPO as Diskord was.

I also got a lot of advice from greenacres, but I incorporated everything he has into my guide (with testing everything too) and made it better:

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=32419

Here is Diskord's topic:

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Cyber_Nations/...showtopic=63495

Notice how NPO was a lot nicer back then. Unfortunately that guide only applied for the top 5% of nations on CN because only they could purchase nukes during a war and possibly launch as many nukes as I did. My guide applies (I did the math on this) over 20% of CN and over because all you need are some good wonders, a Manhattan project, and a uranium trade. But for some reason I'm not taken very lightly by NPO as Diskord was.

I also got a lot of advice from greenacres, but I incorporated everything he has into my guide (with testing everything too) and made it better:

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=32419

Diskord was the first to do it, and at the time he did it, his guide was really, really good. People forget that Planet Bob constantly changes, and the tactics that worked around Diskord's time, stopped working a long time ago, and anyone following his guide today will be in for a pretty big shock when they find that out.

If Diskord were still around, I know he'd tell you to not mind what the naysayers are telling you, and that your guide is a welcome and much needed update to the foundation that he built. So, don't let people get you down, a lot of times people also, simply don't like seeing guides like this published, but the free sharing of information is always welcome, in my book, regardless of who is doing the sharing, or what they're sharing.

I still say you should make a condensed version though, one that's a bit easier to follow.

This is a good guide assuming you are starting out with very little cash. If you have a large pile of it, you'll want to use some markedly different tactics.

I honestly think that, if you had an abundance of cash, this would be damn near perfect. As someone has already said, using this guide and starting out with a billion dollars? You could fight on for a year.

I honestly think that, if you had an abundance of cash, this would be damn near perfect. As someone has already said, using this guide and starting out with a billion dollars? You could fight on for a year.

But you'd do nowhere near the maximum amount of damage you could acheive.